First Kill with catless setup

This is a discussion on First Kill with catless setup within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; So I'm at a light that goes straight onto an on-ramp for a major interstate (I-77). I see my buddy ...

First Kill with catless setup

So I'm at a light that goes straight onto an on-ramp for a major interstate (I-77). I see my buddy next to me in his 2003 Cobra with exhaust and a pulley (Before you flame, I didn't race him, I know better). So I revved at him to let him hear my new exhaust. He was turning left anyways. Well I didn't realize there was a late model prelude (2002 model or so) behind me thinking I'm revving at him im sure. I take off blipping the throttle but not launching. Well I finally see the prelude and he is about 2 carlinks behind at this point. He floors it and gets in the left lane beside me. I then proceed to floor mine and drop over in front of him (had room still, and a slow car in front of me). I proceed to run through all of 2nd and most of 3rd. I'd say by ~85mph I had pulled about 4 links on him, if not more, from the initial distance. Not sure how fast I was going to begin with. I was happy with the results but he wasn't. I slowed to about 70mph and of course he comes flying by me and then slams on his brakes right after he passes me. It did sound pretty loud for stock but I'm not sure he had any exhaust mods. Nice looking car though.

Edit: my car seems to get faster everytime I drive it.
    Last edited by kefiristan; 05-28-2004 at 09:16 PM.
    2003 Silver Sedan (5spd)
    AP Stage 2, Silencer delete elbow w/ K&N, 18" formula mesh w/225 pirelli pzeros, painted sideskirts, cf blinkers, DNperformance TB, gutted stock uppipe, cusco heatshield, grounded, samco ic's

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

nice run, i wish my car would feel faster every time i drive it
    2004 Subaru Wrx Sti