wrx vs ranger supercharged...

This is a discussion on wrx vs ranger supercharged... within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; alright first let me say that his truck was NOT supercharged However, this is how the story started. I had ...

wrx vs ranger supercharged...

alright first let me say that his truck was NOT supercharged However, this is how the story started. I had my car parked at Wal-Mart in the back all by its little lonesome. When I come out there is this guy looking at my car and starts asking me to see the engine and all this jive. So, I'm always happy to show someone our car. Then he sees the engine and starts calling it a jap car swears its not as fast as his "supercharged" Ford Ranger. So, I ask him to see his engine and he says he just bought it 2 days ago. And i'm like so show me the supercharger. He points to a box by the headers and at this point I was almost in tears. But I held it in real good and I was like well, lets put my car against yours.

So we line um up at a light and I let him take off so I keep just barely edging past him in 2nd just messing around. And at the next light he is like laughing and saying see your car is slow. So haha, I tell my friend to roll up the window cause there is about to be a murder. Perfect launch at 5 grand, and by the time I run out 3rd i'm at about 92 when I shut her down. I think my friend said it was about 2 buses

And as I had thought I get a ranger fly by, and some serious sweet laughs. Never in my life have I wished for a video camera more

Cliff Notes: Ranger talks crap about his fake supercharged truck. I let him think he is winning during the first race. He talks more crap. Real race I put 2 buses on him and prolly lost weight due to laughter

Staton

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

With gas prices at a all time high.....i would of rethought the situation. Was he worth $2.00?
    02 PSM WRX Cobb Stage 2.5 - SOLD
    05 Stone White SRT4 (CC, 58% Maddog, Gutted DP) SOLD
    2002 Toyota 4runner SR5 4WD - SOLD
    04 BMW 325i
    08 Spark Silver STI - Stage 2 Protuned

should've told him your jap car is nomally aspirated that only puts 120 hp to the wheels.... to the front wheels that is. And that with the addition of mothballs to the tank you probably making like 128 hp to the wheels.

Originally posted by skyjock41
    With gas prices at a all time high.....i would of rethought the situation. Was he worth $2.00?
    I would say yes. Way to put him in his place.
    03 Cobra
    566whp/515wtq

Pics
    & Dyno
    Pics

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Some guys just make it so much fun.
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red

Am I the only one reading this thread who was geniunely disappointed not to hear about a supercharged ranger. Oh well, heh, cool story though. If you do ever find a supercharged ranger please post that story too.

para

im a ford ranger driver myself and i find this story really funny cus my ranger is deathly slow.

nice kill.

if i ever see a WRX, i would probably challenge it to a race just see how much it would whoop my truck.

oh heres my truck:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails truckriver.jpg  

I figured it would be closer to 2 football fields than just 2 buses! LOL...

Originally posted by FastD
    I figured it would be closer to 2 football fields than just 2 buses! LOL...
    Should have been at least a football field from the launch!

This Ranger might have put up a fight.

http://www.mercuranger.com/images/SH...20Jan%2089.jpg
    2004 WRX

I can't beleive Ford didn't make that. It would sell well.

Im surprised that Ford doesn't/hasn't put a production Ranger out that mimicks the Lightning. I would think it would sell pretty good. Supercharged V6 with all the trimmings.........for low to mid $20,000 would probably lure many who wanted a Lightning but could not afford it. They could even name it "Thunder" . Okay, Okay.......maybe I should leave the naming it to them, but I do think the market for that kind of vehicle is out there. If I remember correctly, GMC introduced a compact pick up with the mighty Typhoon's engine, but I think it was bad timing for the market.

Rhino
    2004 Forester XT
    Black Java Pearl