acura rsx type s WTF?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on acura rsx type s WTF? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I met up with a buddy of mine at some little car meet yesterday. Some kid who seamed to confident ...

acura rsx type s WTF?

I met up with a buddy of mine at some little car meet yesterday. Some kid who seamed to confident in his car is asking everyone to race. One guy had an evo7 (very nice), and a bunch of STI's. I said alright lets go. Then comes the expected, hey man what do you have done? I say exhaust . He says a couple of bolt ons, for which i did not see. We went from a first gear role I put one car length by second, maybe one more by end of second. I only seemed to get one car by each gear! Does that sound right for basic bolt ons? I'm not the fastest guy , but i do trap @105 mph.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

str
    Where you driving the Acura, or a WRX??
    2004 Black Forester XT

Originally posted by str
    Where you driving the Acura, or a WRX??
    yeah this story is wierd. If you have a wrx you should walk all over him, and if he has a wrx with bolt ons and you smoke him, your telling a fib. hehehe.
    03 Wagon WRB

My Mods/Pics

I thought i put the info of my car in my profile, i'll go double check that................ yep it's there. I can see how this sory is weird, how does a rsx keep up w my ride?
    Last edited by i8yourV8; 05-28-2004 at 08:22 AM.

rsx type s with bolt ons trap at like highest ive seen 95mph range

so if your trapping 105 you should be putting some healthy range between you and him.

now a well modded Rsx from a roll would prob keep up pretty close but not froma stop, unless you suck at driving or launching.

Originally posted by Jsimon9633
    rsx type s with bolt ons trap at like highest ive seen 95mph range

so if your trapping 105 you should be putting some healthy range between you and him.

now a well modded Rsx from a roll would prob keep up pretty close but not froma stop, unless you suck at driving or launching.
    What? A RSX-S with Hondata, race header, intake and exhaust can trap about 100-102mph. What are you talking about?

Considering that fact and the fact that his car traps at 105mph and was pulling a car length per gear, well, this makes all the sense in the world to me. He ran across a Hondata,CAI, exhaust and race header RSX-S.
    2005 NBP Accord EX-V6 6MT
    AEM CAI, HFP aerokit, Comptech SS
    17" Enkei RS7s on YokoES100 tires

when i said bolt ons i meant bolt ons not hondata.

so not sure what you were referring to ...

as far as when i said well modded i did mean hondata , i/h/e and so on

it would still not beat it especailly from a dig but it would be OK from a roll

Hey smokey i'm not flaming anyone or anything. I've just never had an rsx put up such a good fight. I respect fast cars of all sorts.

well you went from a roll so a pretty well modded rsx should give you at least what it did in your situation.

from a stop now thats a diff story.

type s always puts on a good fight off a roll...stock on stock i'm starting to think type s would probably keep up or win
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

heh thats been debated sooooo much on clubrsx boards...usually leads to flame fests

i raced a rsx type s when i only had dp and i wasn't boosting as much as now..just 14 psi all the way through..rsxtype s had just intake..i beat him by like a car ..than car and a half
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

Originally posted by i8yourV8
    Hey smokey i'm not flaming anyone or anything. I've just never had an rsx put up such a good fight. I respect fast cars of all sorts.
    Nah dude, I didn't think you were flamming. I misunderstood what Jsimon was referring to and I corrected him (though i didn't because I misunderstood what he was talking about).

Insert foot in my mouth
    2005 NBP Accord EX-V6 6MT
    AEM CAI, HFP aerokit, Comptech SS
    17" Enkei RS7s on YokoES100 tires

Their are a couple of fster rsx's around here. I have raced 2 that stayed w/ing 3-4 cars of me by 100 mph. One had a turbo and the other didnt. Im not sure what the other had. Good kill though. Some more mods and youll be all set.
    L.I.S.C #00 (Treasurer)
    02 Wrx...465whp and 472 whtq. 100 Octane
    387whp and 371 whtq. 93 Octane

I agree with smokey wrt the mods that were on that car.. The TypeS owner MUST have known that he had a good chance of winning if he was challenging those cars to a run. And when he thought that the wrx just had the exhaust, he must have known that he had a good chance of taking it out from a roll on race.

Good Kill none the less, on a nice-lookin car. It is amazing as to the amounts of power they are able to get out of those cars without going to FI.
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.