Sorry WRX Owners
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Sorry WRX Owners within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Sorry guys, i lost to a yr 91 TWIN TURBO 300zx. My WRX was an 02 stock with only and ...

Sorry WRX Owners

Sorry guys, i lost to a yr 91 TWIN TURBO 300zx. My WRX was an 02 stock with only and exhuast. His 300zx also had an exhuast. It was a good race. I lost to him in 5th gear. This was my first big race, while the 300zx has raced his soo many times. I dont know if i had him in a quater mile but he took me in 5th gear. He let his car idle with the turbo timmer before we raced. Dont know if that was fair or not. I diidn't have one. But im a good sport and diddn't complaine about the race and gave him a thumbs up. Do u think with a turbo boost at 17 psi would i have tooken him.
    Once again sorry to let u WRX'S OWNERS DOWN
    thats what im up against

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

So is your car stock or does it have an aftermarket exhaust? And by racing in 5th gear I hope you were going fast enough to using that gear...4th and 5th are dead gears for us in a race unless you have engine management and a bigger turbo. 3rd goes up to 90+ I believe so if you somewhere in that speed range and he was in a lower gear and you in 5th of course you would get trampled. And that turbo timer thing before the race is nonsense. Even if you had one it wouldnt matter stock or modded unless you had a diff turbo. Our car was made to cool down and people with a tt have it for peace of mind. And last...there is no reason to let his car idle with the tt BEFORE a race...turbo timers are just that...they give your car a certain amount of time to cool down after a race/hard run/normal driving/etc...

Practice those shifts and if you were going fast enough to utilize 5th gear get off the road and do some mountain carving. Use our car for what its made for...and if you F'up youll only hurt yourself.

I do street race, but I never take it up to 5th gear. Since that was your first race, I really dont recommend going that fast. 4th gear goes to 130 mph. 130+ is too fast unless it's on the track. Although I doubt you'll ever hit that speed in a quartermile.
    Mods

Armed with a rotated Precision 6265 turbo at 35psi and a built 2.5 liter.

stock for stock they were faster anyway, so no big loss. More details on the race would be great. No apologies needed. Like the above questions, you need to be accelerating for a long time to reach fifth, if you wind out each gear. I get uncomfortable trying to wind out 4th.

shift later around redline. 3rd should be good for about ~95mph

damn that must have been one hardcore race up to like what, 140+ mph. I won't race you.
    03 Wagon WRB

My Mods/Pics

wow, you got past 4th and into 5th. Thats mighty fast on the streets for a rex. If i get to 100 I shut down cause thats approx 1/4 trap speed and way too fast for me to be going. More mods=more wins....... i think

I like the apology...........like he let us down as a whole or something.
    02 PSM WRX Cobb Stage 2.5 - SOLD
    05 Stone White SRT4 (CC, 58% Maddog, Gutted DP) SOLD
    2002 Toyota 4runner SR5 4WD - SOLD
    04 BMW 325i
    08 Spark Silver STI - Stage 2 Protuned

Yes my car is almost stock if thats what u want to call it, only with a catback blitz exhuast, but that doesn't give me much hp. Sorry for the misinterpertation. He beat me on 5th gear. Iwas still on fourth gear. But i think i had him in a quater mile which thats all i car for. Everyone there told me my take off was clean. Im going to run the guy again, but this time were going to make sure that we have some kind of indication, like a car or cone letting us know that that is the quater mile. Because i think i had him in a quater mile. He just took me by one car
    thats what im up against

Originally posted by wrxkillers
    Yes my car is almost stock if thats what u want to call it, only with a catback blitz exhuast, but that doesn't give me much hp. Sorry for the misinterpertation. He beat me on 5th gear. Iwas still on fourth gear. But i think i had him in a quater mile which thats all i car for. Everyone there told me my take off was clean. Im going to run the guy again, but this time were going to make sure that we have some kind of indication, like a car or cone letting us know that that is the quater mile. Because i think i had him in a quater mile. He just took me by one car
    im still moderately confused.... but..... that car is going to faster than yours regaurdless... its a solid 13sec car stock and you would need a few more mods to beat him.

work on your launches and shifting, but be careful. 4th gear will take you past 120mph and you dont need to be racing to those speeds.

turbotimer is purely for safety measures of the turbo. it wont directly help with performance but will keep your turbo running stonger/longer in the long run.

get an uppipe, downpipe, MBC and your car will see good gains for relatively cheap
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

WRX
    Originally posted by wrxkillers
    Everyone there told me my take off was clean.

Sorry but I just pictured an F-15 taking off with that line.
    13.12@101mph
    248whp 204lb/ft torque
    mods

YOU'RE DEAD TO ME BOY!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.