Test drove an S2000 recently
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Test drove an S2000 recently within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Highs: very upscale interior, beautiful digital gauges and illumination, nice open top motoring with the wind blow in your hair, ...

Thumbs down drove an S2000 recently

Highs: very upscale interior, beautiful digital gauges and illumination, nice open top motoring with the wind blow in your hair, nice looking car body

LOWS: not that big of brakes for such a high profile car, not so spacious leg room, not so great visibility due to the narrow windshield, *much much slower than my WRX, torqueless! (once i got back in my car and left let me tell you my car felt much stronger!)*

oh let me bring you guys to something else. you thought the WRX 5 speed was notchy! holy! you'd think a Honda transmission were refined and smooth...when changing gears, the gear engagement was rough.

My opinion: you don't buy this car for raw power, because it doesn't have it. for power, buy Z, for lightweight tight handling and a nicer convertible: S2000.
    Last edited by JF1GD2; 05-28-2004 at 01:52 AM.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

all i have to say is ...... wow
    "oh yea yea yea, no eating here tonite, no eating here tonite, your on a diet".....they joy of having a 2 year old

never been a fan of S2000. You can't get power till 6-7k rpms.
    03 Wagon WRB

My Mods/Pics

was this a s2000 in korean or us?
    05' WRB STI
    MODS

Go raibh tú leathuair ar Neamh
    sula bhfuil a fhios ag an diabhal go bhfuil tú marbh

May you be a half-hour in Heaven before the devil knows that you're dead.

I Support ClubWRX
    Just plain fun: S2000.

A car doesn't have to be fast to be fun. Ask anyone who owns a classic British or Italian sportscar.
    "Inasmuch as ye have done it to one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it to me." -Jesus

1990 Alfa Romeo Spider Veloce
    1992 Toyota 4Runner SR5 3.Slow
    1993 Honda CBR600F2
    2002 WRX SportWagon *sold*

ive ridden in a S2000 and i liked it very much, a very sharp car. Although it has no torque, it definitely accelerates farily well and the engine just screams in the upper ranges where the power is. I liked it very much. Its one of the few modern cars that uses its light weight to its advantage very well i.e. lotus elise
    2004 PSM sedan - 5 speed
    helix rsb + endlinks/gutted uppipe/whiteline steering rack bushings
    stg II next spring...
    AIM: maxler3
    gutted up pipe for sale - $60 shipped anywhere in the US. pm for details

I Support ClubWRX
    How have you not been banned yet? Everyone in the free world could have guessed what you posted...Honda hasnt had torque in there sports cars for the last 8-10 years idiot. I know even you have heard of the Vtec...top end speed...not low end torque.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

B]was this a s2000 in korean or us?[/B]

This guy gets OWN3D every time he opens his mouth...I love it

Originally posted by 302@12psi
    How have you not been banned yet? Everyone in the free world could have guessed what you posted...Honda hasnt had torque in there sports cars for the last 8-10 years idiot. I know even you have heard of the Vtec...top end speed...not low end torque.
    normally i'd warn you.

but with this kid?

nah.

Originally posted by 302@12psi
    You got SERVED!

can anyone translate that to korean? +1
    =+- 02' Midnight Black Scooby Rex-+=

I Support ClubWRX

Re: drove an S2000 recently

Originally posted by JF1GD2
    not so spacious leg room
    On this, I disagree. I'm 6'2" and I found the S2000 to have PLENTY of room. I'd actually say it was roomy; for a roadster. I've been in miatas and other small cars and found myself way too small. I also don't fit well in a boxter either. The S2000, however, hides it's deep passenger well. You sit lower in the car that others. What I mean is, the door sides are closer to your shoulders than say your ribs. I found it had plenty of leg room.

I do agree that the small windshield takes getting used to, but the very tight gearing, great tranny, and AWESOME suspension/chassis makes up for it. At the time I drove one (had it for over an hour by myself), I had my GSR which was running 14.8@95mph. Honestly, around town below 5500rpms, it felt exactly the same in terms of acceleration and tq (or lack of). Basically, it is a slow eco-box in terms of acceleration, until you want it to move. Once you get over ~6K, it rockets away and you'll always stay there because of the gearing.

All in all, I'd buy one. It wouldn't be the fastest thing, but it's definately a fun car.

Fwiw, the '04's are supposedly MUCH better in the tq dep as well as acceleration. Of course, this is relative to the previous, it'll never have real tq.

-C
    Street Racer Emeritus
    '02 2.5L WRX - Retired

Originally posted by dark_rex
    normally i'd warn you.

but with this kid?

nah.
    HAHA now that's moddin'

They're great on an auto-x track.

str
    The thing aboiut S2000 is that you really have to push it hard to get it to go fast. If you let thoe gears wind out you'll be in for a treat. It is a fast car if driven properly. I rode in one on some twisty roads and left it in 2nd gear the entire time, lots of fun. I found the handling to be exceptional.
    2004 Black Forester XT

I will definitely have to disagree with this post. My brother owns a s2000 and although I admit it's a totally different car than the wrx, I love it. The topend and handling are great. It's a really fast car, you just have to get used to being in the 6k rpm and up range.

Convertible = Pimpness

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.