Test drove an S2000 recently - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Test drove an S2000 recently within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; what else do they let you test drive in NORTH KOREA?...

what else do they let you test drive in NORTH KOREA?
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

넘어서 그것에게 녀석을 얻으십시요.
    skidpad kid: you're the BOMB
    Shard of me: i know

Joshiscookin: Hey fragment.

Re: drove an S2000 recently

Originally posted by JF1GD2
    LOWS: not that big of brakes for such a high profile car

oh let me bring you guys to something else. you thought the WRX 5 speed was notchy! holy! you'd think a Honda transmission were refined and smooth...when changing gears, the gear engagement was rough.
    ARE YOU NUTS? The brakes have been described as some of the best brakes on a production car! When I test drove the S2000 I found the brakes to have equal feel and more stopping power than my Stoptechs (stopping power because the car is pretty light).

As for the tranny, it is butter smooth! I have not felt a smoother transmission. You must have gotten a defective one, because honda is known for their silky transmissions. The weak (but very forgiving) clutch is another story, but for pure shifting pleasure I can think of nothing else.

Too slow for my tastes though.
    - Capt Crunch

Kias and Hyundais rule in Korea

Originally posted by wrxinfx
    Kias and Hyundais rule in Korea
    fo sheezy ! ! !

haha jus kiddin, i am half korean and i wish we had some cars come out that were competitive to any sports cars.

please exclude the tiburon because i do not count that as any type of sporty car.

well we will see when hyundai unveils the monster that has been gracing the pages of all the mags lately (you know what i am talking about, the yellow one)
    "oh yea yea yea, no eating here tonite, no eating here tonite, your on a diet".....they joy of having a 2 year old

I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by BackSideWRX
    fo sheezy ! ! !

haha jus kiddin, i am half korean and i wish we had some cars come out that were competitive to any sports cars.

please exclude the tiburon because i do not count that as any type of sporty car.

well we will see when hyundai unveils the monster that has been gracing the pages of all the mags lately (you know what i am talking about, the yellow one)
    Please don't take all of the Korean disses to heart. JF1GD2 claims that he lives in North Korea and he is part of the government. He also used to have his avatar as Kim Jong Eel. He always talks crap about the US. He speaks perfect english and even types it. His IP address has been pinged and it came back from Southern California. All the crap he posts is garbage. So don't take all of the Korean disses personal. They are just to get JF1GD2 to either ADMIT that he is not from North Korea or to stop posting here.

Re: Re: drove an S2000 recently

Originally posted by Capt Crunch
    ARE YOU NUTS? The brakes have been described as some of the best brakes on a production car! When I test drove the S2000 I found the brakes to have equal feel and more stopping power than my Stoptechs (stopping power because the car is pretty light).
    Last I checked they didn't say Brembo on them.

As for the tranny, it is butter smooth! I have not felt a smoother transmission. You must have gotten a defective one, because honda is known for their silky transmissions. The weak (but very forgiving) clutch is another story, but for pure shifting pleasure I can think of nothing else.
    Although the gears were spaced apart well, they did not engage smoothly, pulling the lever out of gear was no big deal, but getting it in was noticeably notchy. On top of what I said, the gears did not engage smoothly during shifting.

Too slow for my tastes though.
    I think that's the general concensus. Go drive one again (if you have). Then get back in yours and you'll really appreciate how much power you have.

-Pak

I always wanted to drive a s2000. Just never got around to it. Too many Koreans own s2000s where I live. I always beat them in races in my MR2 and STI. Maybe thats y.
    Last edited by kyongyun; 05-28-2004 at 09:38 PM.

since when were koreans allowed to drive?

Re: Re: drove an S2000 recently

Originally posted by TypeC
    On this, I disagree. I'm 6'2" and I found the S2000 to have PLENTY of room. I'd actually say it was roomy; for a roadster. -C

I'm 6'3 and I'd have to say the s2k fit was VERY snug and I'm a one lanky mofo. Maybe we just have different expectations when it came to room. But as a reference I felt the 350z coupe was too small for me.

Originally posted by infox

Originally posted by infox
    gee that's not prejudice?

boom boom boom.......

dont worry kurlee, i dont take offense to anything said about koreans. dont get me wrong, if the person was right in front of me it would be a totally different story.

i guess when people get behind a computer or even on xbox live, there ego grows about 400% instantaneously.

:::::BUT HERE IS THE BIG THING ABOUT THE S2000:::::

(i dont know if you guys are ready for this)

YES the s2000 MAY be slower and torqueless, BUT in WHICH car do you think you will get more panties to hit the floor?

Hmmmmmm 4 door ? hmmmmmm sleek 2 seater roadster/convertible ?

please dont think that i am biased on this, because i am not. please dont think that i am a male pig, wait, that i am. sorry for anyone i have offended.
    Last edited by BackSideWRX; 05-29-2004 at 06:45 AM.
    "oh yea yea yea, no eating here tonite, no eating here tonite, your on a diet".....they joy of having a 2 year old

I Support ClubWRX
    OK.....so we get it already.

*sigh*
    2010 SSM STI

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12