Which would you rather have?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Which would you rather have? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; US version of the STi? or US version of the Evo? Also, does anyone know the mod capability for the ...

Which would you rather have?

US version of the STi?

or

US version of the Evo?

Also, does anyone know the mod capability for the Evo, are there pretty much the same aftermarket products as the WRX?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

After seeing the standard Lancer in real life, I really don't like the styling as much as I did from the pictures. The VII will look different obviously, but the lines are the same, so I'm not thrilled about that. I always think of the EVO as a bigger car, but it's not and I think a lot of it's presence in photos is lost in the flesh.

Also, While our version of the VII car may have a tad more technology than the STi in regards to the drive-system, it doesn't have a lot of the features that make the euro lancer so cool (FMIC etc.) I believe that the performance is gonna end up being almost identical with the two cars, and since I love that boxer sound, I think I'd have to stay loyal and go with the STi.

Of course, this is based on not seeing or having driven either of these cars in real life (obviously ) so my opinion could change pretty quickly in a year!

US STi, the lancer VII is a porker, and VIII will be even more of a porker, plus hollow cams dont sit well with me
    Edge of The Blade

Originally posted by Marcolus
    ...plus hollow cams dont sit well with me
    Why? What's wrong with lower rotational inertia?

-Jim

.....and The STi weighs more than the Evo VII

If you've ever been to a ProRally, you would know that Mitsubishis sound like tractors and Subaru's sound like V8 monsters. I would never be able to drive an EVO VIII, the STi is soooo much better IMO.

-Jim

STI,especially if I had to maitain it myself.Besides Mitsu has that ever looming reliability problem.
    Fighting on the internet is like running in the Special Olympics,whether you win or lose,you're still retarded.

Complaint Department

Originally posted by PlatinumWRX
    If you've ever been to a ProRally, you would know that Mitsubishis sound like tractors and Subaru's sound like V8 monsters. I would never be able to drive an EVO VIII, the STi is soooo much better IMO.

-Jim
    I totally agree...anyways, why ask a question like this on a forum such as this? you should know by now tha we are all subie freaks or else we wouldnt be driving one.
    La Fee Verte
    Subaru 2002 Impreza WRX Sedan

Very true Nexus6, but...

What if the WRX/Sti was 2-3 years behind the Evo being introduced to the US market? Would you still sit back and wait for the WRX/STi while others were purchasing the Evo having tones of fun? I was contemplating this scenario this morning.

Did the timing of introduction of the WRX have anything to do with your purchase? I know I wasn't going to buy one until after I drove it...I fell in love with it. Now I know what I was missing. I am even looking into options of trading mine in for the STi when it comes out. But what if the Evo came first? Would it have been the same...not knowing I would like it until I drove it...etc.

Just a question!

if it takes 2-3 years to get the STI over here, so what. By then i will have my wrx performing WAY better than a stock STI or EVO, if it doesn't already out perform them.

Most major automotive publications (European) say that the Evo is marginally faster, but the car is twitchy and difficult to drive fast. The same authors say things like, "The STi is so fast on so many surfaces, you can't help thinking that it shouldn't be allowed."

I'll take a silky smooth STi over a "twitchy" Evo any day!

Plus the interior in the Subaru KICKS THE CRAP out of the interior in the Evo (PLASTIC EVERYWHERE).

-Jim

STi, definitely. After my experience with the Montero, and hearing that my experiences are not unusual, I just could buy the EVO. It's sweet, but not as sweet as the STi to me.
    All those who believe in psychokinesis, raise my hand. - Steven Wright

Moderator, of the "Super" persuasion

Sport Compact Car did a review of them and the VII came out faster and more precise due to their active diffs but they had more fun with the STi

I go for the 6-speed.
    my car is slow,,,,,, very slow.

See...the 6 speed is what I wanted all along. How hard and how much money would it take to get the 2002 converted into a 6 speed?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast