2 runs tonight, 1 good, 1 pissed me off

This is a discussion on 2 runs tonight, 1 good, 1 pissed me off within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; 1st run I had to work late tonight. I pull out of the parking lot at work about 10:30 and ...

2 runs tonight, 1 good, 1 pissed me off

1st run

I had to work late tonight. I pull out of the parking lot at work about 10:30 and stop at the redlight. Its a long light so I reach down to pop in a new CD. I see a car pull up next to me and its a brand spankin new SRT in black with tinted windows. As I'm looking the window rolls down and the guy motions to me to roll down mine. I do and he says hey hows it going ... then asks if I want to run 'em! I said sure why not. At this point I was not sure if he was stock or had some major mods so I figure I have got to nail the launch. I see the light turning yellow from the other way so I start my lauching routine, (bring the revs up to 4k and bounch between 4-5k. The light turns green and I nail my launch. I nail second, then hit third, shut down at 80mph. I'd say I had 5 car lengths on him by the top of second and he doesn't get any back by the time we shut down. So I slow down and pull into a gas station, he follows. We talk for about 1/2 hour and he was a very cool guy. He asked me my mods and just didn't understand how I wooped his arse so bad. He was 100% stock. I asked him if he wanted to go from a 20mph roll on the HWY but he said no and I would just woop him again. He said he almost got a WRX but was afraid of the tranny. Then he asked me if I wanted to goto the drags next weekend with him and a few friends. So all in all I was happy with this run.

2nd Run

I got on the HWY after talking to the last guy. About 2 miles down the road a new Acura TL flew by and pulled in front of me. I was already doing 85, it was late and there was no body else around. So what does he do. Lets off the gas. So I put on my blinker to pass and he punches it. So I get back in the right lane and he lets off again. He did this like 3 more times... So I got pissed. I had my cruise on and was just minding my own buisness ya know? So I pull out in the fast lane and step on it a bit. He lets me get up next to him then he its it again. By this time we are already doing 90mph so I drop it in 4th and we are off. He got a 1 car jump on me but I pull on him hard. Top out 4th and shift to 5th. I walked him pretty badly. I'm far ahead of him so I get in the slow lane and shut down. He comes blowing by me with his 4 ways on.

The first driver acted how I wish everyone would. He didn't even rev on me at the light. Just rolled down his window and asked. The second driver was a complete ass and gave me the 'ol cut off fly-by routine. Oh well...

-Fess
    05 STi Silver/Silver Goodness!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

good kills
    "I put two and two together and decided - you're pissin' me off."

Registered User Death To Ricers's Avatar
    Win or Lose a race is always good if the other driver is cool.
    2006 WRX
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    You could vote to fix me a sammich.

Good kill... I have the same mods as yours plus samco hoses and Perrin pulley.

I hate punks that instigate, lose, and then proceed to act like total asses! It happened to me the other day when I was driving to work. Some punk in an old school camaro iroq (not sure of model) cuts over two lanes and is tailing my ass. I'm probably going about 70mph so I drop down into 3rd and punch it. I continue to pull and let him know that he had no chance by putting seriously 5 car lenghts on him. I slow down with traffic ahead and next thing I know he does they typical flyby. I let him go because I already proved my point.

I love it when they do fly-bys... they think they're so cool. They must not think the race is over. I guess they think the race ends when they pass you. Are they really that retarded that they think their car is getting this incredible surge of power at the end of the race???

sorry for all my venting... I hate stupid drivers (about 99% of the people on the road).

Registered User Death To Ricers's Avatar
    Ricers do that alot. Boy do I hate ricers. They revv on you, you beat them then they do a rice-by and put on their flashers like they won. But ricers are a part of life so I just laugh and go on.
    2006 WRX
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    You could vote to fix me a sammich.

You got the ricer fly-by! I have a friend who is in the process of supercharging his Mustang, so he bought a Civic DX 93. He LOOOOVES the ricer fly-by. Does it whenever he can, because its funny. Watching slow cars drive fast is entertainment
    --2004 WRB WRX--
    Still way too stock.

Originally posted by MidnightFLAT4
    I like A/C for the sole reason that it makes the idle sound meaner.

Re: 2 runs tonight, 1 good, 1 pissed me off

Originally posted by 1fastsubie
    ........... Then he asked me if I wanted to goto the drags next weekend with him and a few friends. So all in all I was happy with this run.

-Fess
    someone's gotta date hehe

just teasing, nice kill
    k&n, sti-hoodscoop, engine mounts, & tranny mount, blitz dtt, catless up-pipe, samco ic hose, greddy CC, cusco f/r swaybars, gutted midpipe, oil cooler, prodrive exhaust & f/r replica sti strut tower bar, gunmetal rota tarmac, goodridge ss lines, p'n'p exhaust manifold

deny the fly-by

Hope your remembered how the TL looked like? If you see him regularly or pass him occasionaly on the hwy, always... I mean always flash your hazards at him. Let him know that you won and show him how much of an A$$ he was by doing the same thing back to him. Do it until he's irritated. But anyways good kills.

Originally posted by Death To Ricers
    Win or Lose a race is always good if the other driver is cool.
    I totally agree... one of my nastiest losses (a H/C/I ZO6 at the track) ended up being a really cool guy. He was running DRs that night and was impressed that I had him out of the hole. He expected to see me in the sideview mirror right off the bat, so he gave me props on that.

Looks like you ran into one of the few non-idiot SRT4 owners out there, every single one I've come across has the visor on sideways and upside down and gives me a supa-thug hardass look with a massive rev.... I've only had to put a few in their place

Good kills!
    2004 STi, Java Black Pearl
    www.cardomain.com/id/2004wrxsti

Best ET 4/24/04
    12.38@109

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    iIknow a couple guys with Srt4 that are cool,but most of them saw F&F too many times.
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red[

IF I see that TL again I'm just gonna laugh in his face. The SRT guy called me on my cell tonight. We are going to the track this Sunday. He was asking me some launching tips lol.. I like going downto the track to see the looks on all of the muscle car crowds faces when I pull on them so hard out of the hole. There realy isn't much of a good import following here. A few nice SRT's, 1 EVO and a few Rex's. Everything elses is just riced up so bad it isn't funny. Most of my close friends still have thier fox bodys and camaros. Some of the regulars at the track that use to talk to me when I had my '69 Camaro wont even look at me now. Guess they don't like the challenge from and "econo box" Oh well, I still have a blast when I go...

-Fess
    05 STi Silver/Silver Goodness!

I too have a bad SRT driver on my hands. He lives in my apt. complex and every time I'm outside and he drives by, I wave/nod/etc to see if he'll stop and let me check out his car. I even wave to him when we pass on the street. I can tell he's looking but he gives me the "hard" face as he goes by. And ironically enough, he did it once with his upside down visor on. I just don't get the visor trend, but that's another topic