350z Test drive...poor guy - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on 350z Test drive...poor guy within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hahahah Kia!! Nothing like beating someone test driving a new car. __________________ 2004 Black STI...

Hahahah Kia!!

Nothing like beating someone test driving a new car.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

About a year ago, I was test driving a 2003 Nissan SE-R Spec V (this was when my financial situation wasn't quite was it is currently ). My dad knows the salesman fairly well, so I just take the car out for a spin. I end up pulling up to this guy I worked with at Circuit City in his '02 WRX.

He revs a bit. I laugh and rev back, knowing there's no way in hell I would stand a chance. But I figure, ah what the hell....I'm on a test drive by myself on a nice little back road.

Light turns green. I actually am able to launch that torque steer monster fairly well. Of course, he still jumps out ahead easily. But he blows the 1-2 shift and I pull ahead somewhat. He quickly catches back up but we have to slow down because of traffic ahead. He rolls down his window and he's laughin'. I took the car back to the lot soon after, but it was fun little run.

He's since learned to actually drive that thing 'cause he's running consistent 13.4 ET's now (up-pipe/TBE/pulley/mbc @ 16psi). And, needless to say, I didn't end up getting the Spec V. Waited out 'til I could afford what I really wanted

I definatly respect the old guys in the Z crowd. The ones who bought 280z's, 300zx, and now 350z. I like when they buy it because its a Z.. The kids who go out and buy them because "ohhh shiat diz shats fazt yo!!!" I like to murder them even if it's from a roll (I never race from a roll)
    One time some guy was tailing me HARDCORE on the GSP in a 350 (and I'm going 80) and went to pass me, I pulled to 100mph and he grinded a gear so hard that I saw him pull over onto the shoulder soon after. Poor guy
    Scott

Originally posted by TheBoostCreep
    About a year ago, I was test driving a 2003 Nissan SE-R Spec V (this was when my financial situation wasn't quite was it is currently ). My dad knows the salesman fairly well, so I just take the car out for a spin. I end up pulling up to this guy I worked with at Circuit City in his '02 WRX.

He revs a bit. I laugh and rev back, knowing there's no way in hell I would stand a chance. But I figure, ah what the hell....I'm on a test drive by myself on a nice little back road.

Light turns green. I actually am able to launch that torque steer monster fairly well. Of course, he still jumps out ahead easily. But he blows the 1-2 shift and I pull ahead somewhat. He quickly catches back up but we have to slow down because of traffic ahead. He rolls down his window and he's laughin'. I took the car back to the lot soon after, but it was fun little run.

He's since learned to actually drive that thing 'cause he's running consistent 13.4 ET's now (up-pipe/TBE/pulley/mbc @ 16psi). And, needless to say, I didn't end up getting the Spec V. Waited out 'til I could afford what I really wanted
    haha, greats story... the SE-r actually has a fair amount of mid-band pull/torque.... sucks that there isnt much else though..
    good thing you got the rex

13secwrx: so what have been the cars you actually lost too
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Ive lost to :

cl65 amg..dumbass for even trying..from a roll no less.
    foxbody mustang..89 w/god knows what but it was fast...
    01 z28 w/an ls1 and ls2 intake manifold and some other goodies
    20g eclipse when I had my stock intercooler

Thats all since Ive been stage 4...not too bad.

my kill list is much longer...as is most of ours..
    L.I.S.C #00 (Treasurer)
    02 Wrx...465whp and 472 whtq. 100 Octane
    387whp and 371 whtq. 93 Octane

We should start a got killed by list...mine goes something like:

E55 - My friend wouldn't let me NOT race him so I had to..
    03 Cobra - Basic bolt ons..had him all the way to 100 MPH..
    EVO 8 - Had basic bolt ons...wouldn't tell me which though..
    TA - LS1 with a few bolt ons got my by a fender..now that I'm running the correct map on my car he's waiting to get a converter and radials to race
    SIRacing.Net

Originally posted by yermom
    heh, fairlady

does not sound like a fast car, no wonder they changed the name for the US market

Originally posted by SERacing
    We should start a got killed by list...mine goes something like:

E55 - My friend wouldn't let me NOT race him so I had to..
    03 Cobra - Basic bolt ons..had him all the way to 100 MPH..
    EVO 8 - Had basic bolt ons...wouldn't tell me which though..
    TA - LS1 with a few bolt ons got my by a fender..now that I'm running the correct map on my car he's waiting to get a converter and radials to race
    damn, you hung with an 03 cobra that had basic bolt on's upto 100??

i might have to pull a flag unless you are running a pretty heavy setup with upgraded turbo.
    that car is easy high 12's STOCK. with basic bolt on's (pulley, intake, exhaust) you are looking at mid 11's.... no prob!!

not to mention they cut incredible 60 ft's
    Just call me Clark Kent

and the E55 has 470hp and 500tq and runs the 1/4 in 12.4 sec.

how fast is your wrx?
    03 Wagon WRB

My Mods/Pics

I know exactly what the E55 has...which is why I posted "We should start a got killed by list...mine goes something like:" I wrote got killed by...as in...I got killed by...as in I lost...lol are people reading my full post?

In my defense to the Cobra...he couldn't hook for ****...people can pull flags all they want but anyone who races on the street knows anything can happen...I have a Stage 3 WRX and I know how to launch it pretty well...I know what they *can* run with certain parts but this one didn't...the word on the street is he ran a few 13.6's at the track...its not my fault he can't drive and I know if I raced a well driven one I would have lost *before* 100 mph and not after...but again this is a GOT KILLED BY list...I thought I was clear on that...I hate to start a flame war but why can't people post without other people trying to pick apart everything they say? Instead of people reading that I GOT KILLED BY they jumped straight to E55 is teh fastAr oh no, I mean I posted the TA *BEAT ME* but no one read that, if I was making a list wouldn't everything on the list be the same?...and Cobra's coulda shoulda woulda...well it didn't...I don't know why I have to justify his lack of driving skills or his lack of supporting mods...this is a wrx vs the world forum...not a bracket racing forum.

EDIT: I was unclear about the Cobra's mods..he had the silencer removed at the time...I doubt he had the exhaust he has on now at the time of the race but I honestly don't remember.
    Last edited by SERacing; 05-31-2004 at 08:51 AM.
    SIRacing.Net

heh, fairlady

does not sound like a fast car, no wonder they changed the name for the US market

hey my bad. Calm down.
    03 Wagon WRB

My Mods/Pics

Originally posted by high on 02C
    hey my bad. Calm down.
    On the internet it comes out sounding like a bigger deal then it is...I just don't want people thinking I'm some ignorant tool with a WRX that thinks he is faster then anything on the streets...it just gets me in defense mode when people start listing specs/times/mods etc. For the record my friend put BFG g-force drag radials on and went 11.8 completely stock, but with his HRE rims on its a whole other ball game. As for the Cobra I have videos of him now with bolt ons running the E55 and beating him up once or twice, but at the time he was relatively stock and on stock street tires, both cars walked me pretty hard upstairs, awd is my only shot at winning on the streets against 400+ hp cars.
    SIRacing.Net

heh, fairlady

I call BS on this story. Its a well known fact that 350Zs are the fAstest car eVar.
    I created my avatar.

My bad dude..you caught me...im sorry.
    L.I.S.C #00 (Treasurer)
    02 Wrx...465whp and 472 whtq. 100 Octane
    387whp and 371 whtq. 93 Octane

Originally posted by SERacing
    I know exactly what the E55 has...which is why I posted "We should start a got killed by list...mine goes something like:" I wrote got killed by...as in...I got killed by...as in I lost...lol are people reading my full post?

In my defense to the Cobra...he couldn't hook for ****...people can pull flags all they want but anyone who races on the street knows anything can happen...I have a Stage 3 WRX and I know how to launch it pretty well...I know what they *can* run with certain parts but this one didn't...the word on the street is he ran a few 13.6's at the track...its not my fault he can't drive and I know if I raced a well driven one I would have lost *before* 100 mph and not after...but again this is a GOT KILLED BY list...I thought I was clear on that...I hate to start a flame war but why can't people post without other people trying to pick apart everything they say? Instead of people reading that I GOT KILLED BY they jumped straight to E55 is teh fastAr oh no, I mean I posted the TA *BEAT ME* but no one read that, if I was making a list wouldn't everything on the list be the same?...and Cobra's coulda shoulda woulda...well it didn't...I don't know why I have to justify his lack of driving skills or his lack of supporting mods...this is a wrx vs the world forum...not a bracket racing forum.

EDIT: I was unclear about the Cobra's mods..he had the silencer removed at the time...I doubt he had the exhaust he has on now at the time of the race but I honestly don't remember.
    i am fully aware that you stated it was a "got killed by" post. but you also stated you beat the cobra upto 100mph... if he sucks at driving, then +1 for you... but realistically you would have been walked HARD!
    no need to get all defensive... just explain your side..which you have
    Just call me Clark Kent

Yup I know...and its not even like I could duplicate the race again...he has since bought drag radials, pulley, exhaust and beat up my friend's drag radial E55...I'll get around to posting videos sooner or later but here are some pics to hold you guys over.

SIRacing.Net

heh, fairlady

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12