Spanked one of those new neons
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Spanked one of those new neons within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; At least I think it was. Said Neon on it...had twin tail pipes, had the required red badge on the ...

Spanked one of those new neons

At least I think it was. Said Neon on it...had twin tail pipes, had the required red badge on the lower right. Redesigned front, etc. ....basically what a POS. Some grommet was zooming around in heavy I5 traffic yesterday, I waited for him to get behind me at 60 then I took off. Dropped him quick at 15psi, had too many cars on him by 100 to begin thinking he pussed out. Waited for him again...let him get momentum then I took off again, same thing. He caught up and did the ricer fly by, rudely darting in and out of traffice to get away. I waited until there was a gap, reeled his ass in and again dropped him (by this time I was looking at him and just laughing as I passed). When traffic opened up I gave him momentum from 80+, I waited until he was about two cars behind then I nailed it in 4th at 80...STILL evened up in a second or two and dropped him yet again. DAhhhhhh I thought these new Neons had balls to them. Dont know if it was an R/T or what...I spent all my time ahead of him to really read the badge...sure he got good look at WRX though
    03 WR Blue WRX
    Factory Short Shifter
    Stock

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Yep, that's an RT, 150hp.....

Not alot of power but they handle OK apparently. They are definitely pre-riced from the factory hehe.

Good kill though! Now wait till the SRT-4's come out, they should have some more balls to back up the looks!

Schaf100 is that the one that is going to have a turbo in it?
    WR Blue Perl WRX

Yeah,

It's gonna have a turbo and FMIC stock. It'll be about 20,000, and is projected to do 0-60 in less than 6 seconds, so it will actually be a real car

Also, Dodge is already encouraging a huge aftermarket following for the car, so modded, it could be pretty nasty. I mean I think the factory FMIC is tiny, but hey it still looks mean eh.

I believe the car is aimed at a target age group slightly younger than that of the WRX, so get ready for alot of the current Honda crowd to move into these things!

We have to respect it I guess, but I think stock for stock, the WRX is still gonna be faster, plus we have AWD, and better (slightly) looks!

You'll be able to tell the car apart from regular neons by the big wing, and very distinctive front end with huge intake vents all over the bumper.

http://www.dodge.com/autoshow/news_e...o3&tname=srt4#

Pic

IMO Still too cute especially in yellow.

I'll take Blaze Yellow over that any day!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails srt4_1.jpg  
    Last edited by Schaf100; 07-17-2002 at 09:09 AM.

Pic of IC
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails srt4_2.jpg  

Boy that FMIC is small, but it looks like it has room for one twice as big. Also why is there a hood scoop if it has a FMIC, it looks like its filled with a plastic cover anyways, just for looks I guess. But I would take the looks of the WRX any day over a neon, you look at a WRX from the right angle and it just looks mean!

That look of our car from an angle looking up from the front with the wheels turned to the left is badass (esp with lights on)!! Looks like the car is ready to eat something I agree with the neon-over-done plastic problem. That's what I love so much about our WRX's; all the little holes and bulges are functional. I always find that a functional body part looks better than fake ones!

wow that neon is going to put out alot of torque. 220 ft. lbs for a car that is only putting out 205 hp. Thats where it's power is going to come from. It's going to take some skill to drive this thing on the track, can we say "Wheel Spin"
    WR Blue Perl WRX

Originally posted by Schaf100
    Yep, that's an RT, 150hp.....

Not alot of power but they handle OK apparently. They are definitely pre-riced from the factory hehe.

Good kill though! Now wait till the SRT-4's come out, they should have some more balls to back up the looks!

Ahhh no wonder then. Ok...I guess I would have to say it was a reasonably quick car then. Still a grommet for a driver though.
    03 WR Blue WRX
    Factory Short Shifter
    Stock

It's going to take some skill to drive this thing on the track, can we say "Wheel Spin".
    I was actually thinking about test driving one of these for the heck of it(Still going to buy my rexy soon). I want to see first hand how this thing makes it power. One thing I wonder is if it will have limited-slip, because without it it's going to spin all day long off the line.

They look better than wrx's imo. Fast from a roll probably. I wouldn't mess with one of those. They should do the same mod for mod too. DOH!
    12.8@104 w/ 1.86 60'
    274awhp/270tq (dynojet)
    vf22/pinks/up/exhaust/pump/mbc/bov/ecutek

I Support ClubWRX
    Don't like it. Mighty ugly. And what's up with them trying to play out graffiti art. Like that POS Neon has anything to do with the streets or hip-hop culture. Please don't get me started on this.
    Kurlee Daddee
    (THE ORIGINAL)

I'm really glad someone else noticed the "graffiti" on the wall.
    Fast? Style?
    Sorry, but I'm gonna agree and say that its ugly. Just my opinion
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

Originally posted by Trailboss516
    I'm really glad someone else noticed the "graffiti" on the wall.
    Fast? Style?
    Sorry, but I'm gonna agree and say that its ugly. Just my opinion
    They will probably say the same about us.
    12.8@104 w/ 1.86 60'
    274awhp/270tq (dynojet)
    vf22/pinks/up/exhaust/pump/mbc/bov/ecutek

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast