Spanked one of those new neons - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Spanked one of those new neons within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; We don't have graffiti adds though. But yeah, that was a good point someone brought up about the hood scoop ...

We don't have graffiti adds though.

But yeah, that was a good point someone brought up about the hood scoop and the FMIC (forgot who it was)
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Go to an autoX and watch a first gen R/T or ACR. Report back to us on whether or not they "handle OK". Post their times and yours...

VV

Originally posted by Schaf100
    Not alot of power but they handle OK apparently.

Originally posted by VetteVert
    Go to an autoX and watch a first gen R/T or ACR. Report back to us on whether or not they "handle OK". Post their times and yours...

VV

Damn VV. Play nice. Yeah they smoke wrx's at autox's. I don't know how they compared when both cars have better tires. All I know is they are good for autoxing.
    12.8@104 w/ 1.86 60'
    274awhp/270tq (dynojet)
    vf22/pinks/up/exhaust/pump/mbc/bov/ecutek

Sorry, I forgot a somewhere in that post. Didn't mean for that to sound harsh, simply educational.

IMO, a first gen ACR vs. WRX with equivalent drivers and equal tires will always go to the ACR.....IN AN AUTOX. I was posting solely on the handling aspects. Build quality, straight line performance, top speed, traction, etc. etc. aside.

VV

Originally posted by BamBooI

Damn VV. Play nice. Yeah they smoke wrx's at autox's. I don't know how they compared when both cars have better tires. All I know is they are good for autoxing.

Originally posted by VetteVert
    IMO, a first gen ACR vs. WRX with equivalent drivers and equal tires will always go to the ACR.....IN AN AUTOX. I was posting solely on the handling aspects. Build quality, straight line performance, top speed, traction, etc. etc. aside.

VV

Yeah but...IIRC that ACR was set from the factory with a number of "aftermarket" items. It was almost considered unfair when it came out. It has better springs, shocks, tie bars, etc. It's not anywhere near what a stock Neon was/is. It was a ringer from the factory, typical Dodge stuff like their old drag cars.

I think it would be more fair to compare a WRX with all the standard STi suspension goodies....THEN see how they fair.
    03 WR Blue WRX
    Factory Short Shifter
    Stock

Base against the R/T model then....it is to the base model as we are to a 2.5RS (TS? I don't know other suby models...). I'm not certain on this, but I believe the only difference between the R/T (MASS produced) and the ACR were Koni adjustable shocks and a lack of (heavy) standard items like AC, power windows, etc. I think that is what gave them as much of an advandage as anything...the ACRs could weigh in at 2400lbs. or less in race trim.

But dodge does like producing limited production ringers. Gotta love that

VV

P.S. I'm not trying to make a neon sound like a performance car, or make it out to be better than a WRX (ha!), just keep the information real....

Originally posted by madwagon

Yeah but...IIRC that ACR was set from the factory with a number of "aftermarket" items. It was almost considered unfair when it came out. It has better springs, shocks, tie bars, etc. It's not anywhere near what a stock Neon was/is. It was a ringer from the factory, typical Dodge stuff like their old drag cars.

I think it would be more fair to compare a WRX with all the standard STi suspension goodies....THEN see how they fair.

Originally posted by madwagon

And the WRX is a Impreza with a bunch of goodies. Is the Rex near what a TS is? The ACR is just a performance package like any other. And there were quite a few made, like 5K...and another 10K of R/T's with ACR Parts.

Even so, the WRX is in an entirely different class that any current Neon. Now the SRT-4 should be closer, but still not a match. The WRX is currently in a class by itself until later on this year or early next.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.