Forester XT vs. Neon SRT-4
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Forester XT vs. Neon SRT-4 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Well, took a loss this morning to a Neon SRT-4. Gotta give it its props, it was real quick. We ...

str

Forester XT vs. Neon SRT-4

Well, took a loss this morning to a Neon SRT-4. Gotta give it its props, it was real quick. We lined up at a light and he started revving. I pretty sure he knew what he was racing. His exhaust was very LOUD. I don't know if he had any other mods but the way it pulled on me on third gear would make me think there was something going on under the hood. We both got great launches and I was slightly ahead at 60, maybe by a half of a car, then when he shifted into third, it was over. He pulled real hard, at least a full car length where he stayed until we shut down. I know 1 car length doesn't sound like much but remember he was a half car back and gained almost a full car on me while we were going about 70mph, that's pretty immpressive. He gave the thumbs up and beeped, didn't get a chance to talk to him. Cool driver and good race.
    2004 Black Forester XT

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Damn bro, you get all kinds of good races out there.

Good run anyway...I'm sure he had some work done to pull you like that up top.
    2005 NBP Accord EX-V6 6MT
    AEM CAI, HFP aerokit, Comptech SS
    17" Enkei RS7s on YokoES100 tires

Awesome, someone tape an XT street racing already...I want to see an SUV take off on something
    SIRacing.Net

Originally posted by yermom
    heh, fairlady

does not sound like a fast car, no wonder they changed the name for the US market

where's that older video of the outback sport 2.2 running right next to a lt1 camero from a dig. it was funny.
    RayfieldsWRX - "You like the feel of torque steer? Interesting"
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -02 WRX 13.8@96 stock SOLD
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 STi 13.3@102 stock. SOLD
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

str
    Yeah, for some reason I have been getting some really good races around my house. I've seen a ton of WRX's around here but haven't been able to line up with one yet. One night me and my buddy will ride around with his video camera and see if we can catch a good race on film.
    2004 Black Forester XT

Originally posted by str
    Yeah, for some reason I have been getting some really good races around my house. I've seen a ton of WRX's around here but haven't been able to line up with one yet. One night me and my buddy will ride around with his video camera and see if we can catch a good race on film.
    Tape them now
    SIRacing.Net

heh, fairlady

does not sound like a fast car, no wonder they changed the name for the US market

Originally posted by SERacing
    Awesome, someone tape an XT street racing already...I want to see an SUV take off on something
    I agree, I'd love to see the XT launch on someone. If you want to see a different SUV burn lots of unsuspecting folks do a search on the Chevy Typhoon. Those things shocked (and still shock) lots of people.

Str - Good run with the XT.

good run str. downpipe, exhaust and all the goodies that a modified sti has= spanking all the cars you want. Would be cool to have someone vid an XT bullying around some local racers. Please.... someone?

race your XT against a Civic Si or something you can crap all over. Get a buddy to tape the whole thing.
    03 Wagon WRB

My Mods/Pics

Originally posted by high on 02C
    race your XT against a Civic Si or something you can crap all over. Get a buddy to tape the whole thing.
    Go for something fun like a stock LT1/350Z...that will be awesome...suv vs sports car.
    SIRacing.Net

heh, fairlady

Originally posted by sarcasmo
    Chevy Typhoon.
    GMC Typhoon

Hey STR nice run! What color was the SRT-4? Did it have numbers in the rear window? Just trying to figure out who likes to run around here .
    03 WRB WRX
    Best 1/4-12.55@ 109
    Best MPH-12.66@ 110
    Stage 4 + TMIC

Good run man! I refuse to race those XT's, if I win, I'll get laughed at for bragging about beating an "SUV", and if I lose, I would never hear the end of it!

J/K, actually I don't see too many around here, except for one near my work that never wants to play

str
    It was blue, but didn't have any numbers in the window. Very loud exhaust. Other than that, it looked stock to me.
    2004 Black Forester XT

How many cats the forester packing?
    02 PSM WRX Cobb Stage 2.5 - SOLD
    05 Stone White SRT4 (CC, 58% Maddog, Gutted DP) SOLD
    2002 Toyota 4runner SR5 4WD - SOLD
    04 BMW 325i
    08 Spark Silver STI - Stage 2 Protuned

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.