Forester XT vs. Corvette, Conv 350Z and G35
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Forester XT vs. Corvette, Conv 350Z and G35 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Wow. I was at a light behind a convertible 350Z and next to him a G35. I could here them ...

str

Forester XT vs. Corvette, Conv 350Z and G35

Wow. I was at a light behind a convertible 350Z and next to him a G35. I could here them talking and revving thier engines for a race when the light hit green. Then, a Corvette lines up next to me. When the light hit green both the Z abd G35 starting spinning tires. The Forester catapulted off the line like a champion, like I knew it would, and I damn near ran into the back off the G35. The Corvette tore off the line too but could not accelerated either due to the 350Z being in formt of him. When the lanes opened up I ended up passing the G35, slowly, since he already had momentum. Both cars then slowed down for the next light and I was turning. Fun stuff.
    2004 Black Forester XT

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I bet they were shocked when they saw you passing them up. What an ego crusher

str
    Yeah. I think the G35 was a little surprised.
    2004 Black Forester XT

I'm still waiting to see videos of modded XT's tearing "muscle" and "sports" cars up on the street. You see how much hype the Z06 vs WRX video got? Imagine who would pay up to a modded XT at a street race...I can't wait
    SIRacing.Net

Originally posted by yermom
    heh, fairlady

does not sound like a fast car, no wonder they changed the name for the US market

str
    I'm tempted to start modding this thing. If I took off the two cats and got an mbc this thing would be a terror. Low 13's easily.
    2004 Black Forester XT

WRX
    nice!
    13.12@101mph
    248whp 204lb/ft torque
    mods

Sorry if I'm being dumb here...but what kinda mods are on the XT?? I don't know what year the ZO6 was but if it was a new one then doesn't it have 405 hp in a car that weighs just over 3100 pounds?

He didn't race a Z06.

Sorry, my bad...but still, even a 350z? 287 hp in a 3200 lb car? Against a 210 hp forester?

0 to 60 in 5.3 and the quarter in 13.8. Really underated in terms of horsepower. Stats by car and driver by the way. This... ... will start a new kill thread. These suvs are awesome

I think the forester hp is actually been proven to be in the area of 250hp instead of 210hp. Plus the gearing is built for crisp acceleration. At least thats what I hear the experts saying. I have a FXT, but I'm a complete noob when it comes to this techno data ****. I've beaten a Z28, and hung with a Lightning while still being completely stock. The Z28 is a friend of mine, and the Lightning was some poor chap that couldnt shake me from his bumper on my way to work.

Chris
    2004 Forester XT
    Black Java Pearl

Originally posted by 03WREX
    I bet they were shocked when they saw you passing them up. What an ego crusher
    haha, seriously
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

str
    First, the Corvette was a normal Vette. he would have most likley crushed us all but he could not pass because he was behind the 350Z. The Vette nearly ran into the Z. I don't know what the actaul HP and Tourqe are on my car but it dosen't mean jack sh*t because the XT is just as quick, if not quicker than a 350Z from 0-60 and in the 1/4 mile. My car feels every bit as quick as a low 5 second car to 60. I've hung with every 350Z I have encountered so far. A Corvette would be a different story.
    2004 Black Forester XT

Originally posted by str
    First, the Corvette was a normal Vette. he would have most likley crushed us all but he could not pass because he was behind the 350Z. The Vette nearly ran into the Z. I don't know what the actaul HP and Tourqe are on my car but it dosen't mean jack sh*t because the XT is just as quick, if not quicker than a 350Z from 0-60 and in the 1/4 mile. My car feels every bit as quick as a low 5 second car to 60. I've hung with every 350Z I have encountered so far. A Corvette would be a different story.
    So, like. What mods do you have? Because the XT and the Z are in the same area weight-wise. And no matter how much you say the XT is underrated in hp, it's not 77 which is what it would take to have even stats as the Z. 210 hp vs 287...how did this happen?

Originally posted by cb259
    So, like. What mods do you have? Because the XT and the Z are in the same area weight-wise. And no matter how much you say the XT is underrated in hp, it's not 77 which is what it would take to have even stats as the Z. 210 hp vs 287...how did this happen?
    The XT's have some crazy gearing from the factory that makes them even better suited for 0-60 jaunts than the wrx tranny.. Add that to the ability to put the power down rom a standstill, and you have your answer..

On the highway, the other cars will eventually pull, but at low speeds, the power advantage of the other cars is not so apparent due to gearing, torque, etc etc..
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast