Audi TT Encounter
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Audi TT Encounter within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I was driving back tonight w/ a friend ( 190lbs+ ) from Carvel. I pull up next to an Anudi ...

Audi TT Encounter

I was driving back tonight w/ a friend ( 190lbs+ ) from Carvel. I pull up next to an Anudi TT softtop at a light. I don't think anything of it and the light turns green so I go as I normally drive. I get to 45mph in 2nd gear as normal however then I noticed that the sound of the engine of the TT next to me changed. I saw him flying up beside me so I went WOT and were were next to each other until I went into 3rd and pull a car length by 70mph or so. The I slowed down to my normal driving speed of 45mph and the TT is about 2 cars back. I figured this time I'd be ready so I left it in 2nd an waited for him to go. I hear his engine again at 2 cas back so I waited till he was 1 car length behind me before I went WOT. Basically he got next to me at his WOT when I just hit full boost. We were next to each other till 3rd again and the same results.
    I didn't get to see the model number as I didn't think to look at the light earlier. It could have been the 180-250hp version but I'm not sure. I figured that since I let him get the jump plus I had an extra person in the car that it shouldn't or couldn't have been the 180hp version. I'm hoping it was the 250hp version as we were pretty close. I thought it was funny because when he couldn't pass me the during the second try he quickly turned off onto another road.
    2004 STI White/Gold
    251whp & 263ft/lbs ( Stock ): 0-60 = 4.8 ( Fastest = 4.1 ) & 1/4 = ?
    276whp & 290ft/lbs ( DP ): 0-60 = 4.5 & 1/4 = 12.9 @ 105mph

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User Death To Ricers's Avatar
    I am betting it was the 225 version. When my WRX was stock my friend has a 225 TT and from a roll it was quick. Good Kill! Its not easy beating those.
    2006 WRX
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    You could vote to fix me a sammich.

I have had one of those clowns all over me as well. Many people who purchase those cars apparently dont know much about the rest of the automobile market.

I swear that every clown that buys one of those thinks they are driving a fast car. I usually spot them a lead so I can see there face when I reel them in and rape them in second gear. Calling those cars quick is being kind.

Jimbo
    2003 PSM Wagon - VF34; STi 565cc Injectors; ScoobySport turboback with Prodrive muffler; STi catless uppipe; Cobb AccessPort; Samco IC hoses; 17" Steel Gray Rota Attacks with Sumitomo HTR ZIIs; Prodrive springs, sedan rear sway

Registered User Death To Ricers's Avatar
    Well when you are as stock as I am they can be intimidating from a roll. I can still take every TT in my town but not by more than 3 cars.
    2006 WRX
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    You could vote to fix me a sammich.

Humm

I was hoping for the more hp version as I'm running 220+\- whp so I figured even carrying an extra passenger plus giving him the WOT advantage, that I would have pulled harded if it was the less hp version. They're also heavier than the WRX so that makes it even worse. I hate it when I'm not ready for a race so I don't even know who I'm running against. Stories are so much easier to post w/ the facts.
    2004 STI White/Gold
    251whp & 263ft/lbs ( Stock ): 0-60 = 4.8 ( Fastest = 4.1 ) & 1/4 = ?
    276whp & 290ft/lbs ( DP ): 0-60 = 4.5 & 1/4 = 12.9 @ 105mph

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.