Audi TT Encounter

This is a discussion on Audi TT Encounter within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I was driving back tonight w/ a friend ( 190lbs+ ) from Carvel. I pull up next to an Anudi ...

Audi TT Encounter

I was driving back tonight w/ a friend ( 190lbs+ ) from Carvel. I pull up next to an Anudi TT softtop at a light. I don't think anything of it and the light turns green so I go as I normally drive. I get to 45mph in 2nd gear as normal however then I noticed that the sound of the engine of the TT next to me changed. I saw him flying up beside me so I went WOT and were were next to each other until I went into 3rd and pull a car length by 70mph or so. The I slowed down to my normal driving speed of 45mph and the TT is about 2 cars back. I figured this time I'd be ready so I left it in 2nd an waited for him to go. I hear his engine again at 2 cas back so I waited till he was 1 car length behind me before I went WOT. Basically he got next to me at his WOT when I just hit full boost. We were next to each other till 3rd again and the same results.
    I didn't get to see the model number as I didn't think to look at the light earlier. It could have been the 180-250hp version but I'm not sure. I figured that since I let him get the jump plus I had an extra person in the car that it shouldn't or couldn't have been the 180hp version. I'm hoping it was the 250hp version as we were pretty close. I thought it was funny because when he couldn't pass me the during the second try he quickly turned off onto another road.
    2004 STI White/Gold
    251whp & 263ft/lbs ( Stock ): 0-60 = 4.8 ( Fastest = 4.1 ) & 1/4 = ?
    276whp & 290ft/lbs ( DP ): 0-60 = 4.5 & 1/4 = 12.9 @ 105mph

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User Death To Ricers's Avatar
    I am betting it was the 225 version. When my WRX was stock my friend has a 225 TT and from a roll it was quick. Good Kill! Its not easy beating those.
    2006 WRX
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    You could vote to fix me a sammich.

I have had one of those clowns all over me as well. Many people who purchase those cars apparently dont know much about the rest of the automobile market.

I swear that every clown that buys one of those thinks they are driving a fast car. I usually spot them a lead so I can see there face when I reel them in and rape them in second gear. Calling those cars quick is being kind.

Jimbo
    2003 PSM Wagon - VF34; STi 565cc Injectors; ScoobySport turboback with Prodrive muffler; STi catless uppipe; Cobb AccessPort; Samco IC hoses; 17" Steel Gray Rota Attacks with Sumitomo HTR ZIIs; Prodrive springs, sedan rear sway

Registered User Death To Ricers's Avatar
    Well when you are as stock as I am they can be intimidating from a roll. I can still take every TT in my town but not by more than 3 cars.
    2006 WRX
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    You could vote to fix me a sammich.

Humm

I was hoping for the more hp version as I'm running 220+\- whp so I figured even carrying an extra passenger plus giving him the WOT advantage, that I would have pulled harded if it was the less hp version. They're also heavier than the WRX so that makes it even worse. I hate it when I'm not ready for a race so I don't even know who I'm running against. Stories are so much easier to post w/ the facts.
    2004 STI White/Gold
    251whp & 263ft/lbs ( Stock ): 0-60 = 4.8 ( Fastest = 4.1 ) & 1/4 = ?
    276whp & 290ft/lbs ( DP ): 0-60 = 4.5 & 1/4 = 12.9 @ 105mph