What can I....

This is a discussion on What can I.... within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; So what can a stock '04 wrx beat??.....I just got my new car and I love it......I also really don't ...

What can I....

So what can a stock '04 wrx beat??.....I just got my new car and I love it......I also really don't race....but what kinds of cars have you guys beaten stock??? I just want an idea so I know what the car can run with because all the specs that they give in magazines for it don't really mean anything because cirumstances are always different on the street than the track......and I don't want to go braggin about my car to someone if what I am saying isn't true.....
    Blobeye Syndicate #48
    2008 Impreza Hatch
    Aztec Gold Metallic
    Missin' the WRX but not the money I am saving :-)
    My car's info

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    on the streets, anything can happen...if you drive your car hard and only race from stoplight to stoplight you can beat lots of cars. If you prefer highway racing, you won't win very often vs other sports cars. Get some mods, learn to drive well, and have fun with the car...just see what happens!
    2003 SRT-4

How about you learn how to drive the car first, then go to the drags and race there!

Street racing happens, dont go looking for something you cant back up!

Break your car in, drive it, learn it, then go after someone....you will be surprised at your results.

Just my .02
    Stage IV+
    Going for 11's

With light bolt ons you'll give just about any factory car (excluding the flagship/supercars) a run for their money from light to light...I would get an up pipe, reflash/boost controller and at least a downpipe and have fun running with Mustangs/Camaros/S2Ks/350Zs from light to light...but like StoplightWarrior said...up top our cars are pretty weak compared to most other cars.
    SIRacing.Net

Originally posted by yermom
    heh, fairlady

does not sound like a fast car, no wonder they changed the name for the US market

Skullguy I am not going looking for anything I can't back up - Actually I am not going looking for anything - I was just wondering what my car could be compared to power-wise - I am a 23 year old teacher and I really have no desire to street race anymore....the wrx isn't really much fun to drive in a straight line hahahaha I was just wondering because I have heard all different reports on the car's drag racing capabilities...
    Blobeye Syndicate #48
    2008 Impreza Hatch
    Aztec Gold Metallic
    Missin' the WRX but not the money I am saving :-)
    My car's info

Well, best times I've seen for a Rex are about 14.1 in the 1/4 mile

So, you can beat 99.9% of the sport compacts in existance today from a dig.

RSX-S, Celica GTS, Focus SVT, Eclipse GTS, Spec V, Jetta etc.. etc..

Close races from a dig would be: Mustang GT, SRT-4, Accord V6 (MT), etc..

You should know what to stay away from - at least I hope

There are obviously many more that could be added to the lists, that's all I could think of off the top of my head.
    2005 NBP Accord EX-V6 6MT
    AEM CAI, HFP aerokit, Comptech SS
    17" Enkei RS7s on YokoES100 tires