JDM STI (me) vs C5

This is a discussion on JDM STI (me) vs C5 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I hadn't had a chance to run my car since it was finished last thursday, so a buddy of mine ...

JDM STI (me) vs C5

I hadn't had a chance to run my car since it was finished last thursday, so a buddy of mine gave me my first run.

I have a full JDM v.8 WRX STI swap into my 02 WRX with the following mods:

MRT midpipe back 3"
    MRT TMIC
    Blitz SUS
    TXS RFL BOV

My friend was driving his C5 Vette with just an intake (supposed to make 10+ whp)

Were driving around town and we come up to an open stretch of road, at this point were going around 35mph, im in 3rd at this point. We look at eachother and decide to see how much better the new engine is. I drop to 2nd as did he, and my rpms were around 3500.

We wait a second and then go. I got the initial jump putting his front bumper at my rear bumper. I shift to 3rd and he makes up some ground, I then shift to 4th and my front bumper is near his rear, then we shut down.

I feel it would have been neck and neck had I had more experience with the 6spd. He shifts a lot faster then I do at the moment because im still getting used to the 6spd, so I was shifting rather slow which allowed him to make up ground in between shifts.

Im very pleased with the results though, much better then I anticipated, he didn't expect it either .

This confirms my thoughts on the JDM STI being faster then the USDM STI. Heres my reasoning.

I have a friend with an M3, another with a USDM STI, and the other with the C5.

The friend with the M3 raced the friend in the STI from a 3rd gear roll and the STI barely won.

The friend with the C5 raced the other friend with the M3 and walked away from him everytime with ease.

I raced the friend with the C5 and was practically neck and neck with him.

So up next will be a race with the friend with the USDM STI, to settle it. All the drivers are good, so there was no driver error in any of these races, also the M3 only has an exhaust(5-8whp) and the C5 has an intake(8-10 whp) the USDM STI is bone stock.
    "Celebrate we will, for life is short but sweet for certain"-DMB

Liquid - "yes sticky! hes a god now!"

02 WRX now JDM V8 STI (too many mods for my own good)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Good race, but I don't understand how you think the JDM STi is faster than the USDM STi (when it's not) when you have all those additional mods and you're comparing it with a stock car. I'll let others chime in, but put similar mods on your friends STi and it should edge it out every time.

Originally posted by DenniSTi
    Good race, but I don't understand how you think the JDM STi is faster than the USDM STi (when it's not) when you have all those additional mods and you're comparing it with a stock car. I'll let others chime in, but put similar mods on your friends STi and it should edge it out every time.
    First, the JDM STI has been found to be making more power so I don't know where your getting your info.

Second, my mods are very light which net me a very small amount of power. My exhaust is just the midpipe back, retaining the stock STI downpipe with the cat. I couldn't use my 3" downpipe due to the flange being different on the STI.

My TMIC will also net me very little power. Same goes for the Blitz intake which doesn't make much of a difference.

So my mods are helping only slightly, but even in stock form it would take a USDM STI. The C5 with the intake etc is making roughly 310-320 whp and weighs around 3400 lbs I believe. So based on the race it's safe to say im in the 300whp range. And a intake and TMIC plus midpipe back are not going to net you 50+ whp without tuning etc. So yes, the JDM STI is actually faster.

race the usdm sti and let us know.
    2004 STi
    Silver/Silver

Originally posted by cnstman
    race the usdm sti and let us know.
    Will do

sht
    who cares if it faster its different and cool.
    wrx 04 black

workin for the man