How fair is this?

This is a discussion on How fair is this? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Ok Here it is. I was driving this morning on my way to school and I am driving with my ...

Registered User Death To Ricers's Avatar

Angry How fair is this?

Ok Here it is. I was driving this morning on my way to school and I am driving with my music up and I see a car coming in the oppisite lane and my instint tells me it is a police but i still keep speeding I even up with him and his lights start flashing. I say some bad words and pull over. ''67 in a 55'' he says. I leave half a hour later with a ticket. Around 10 minuets later my friend gets pulled over going 75 in a 55 in the same spot I did by the same cop. He gets off 2 minuets later with a verbal warning.Is the police force is wrong in doing this? Is it because I was in a WRX and he was in a 1986 Subaru GL? Or is it because he was a ingronrant jerk? I get to go to court this wendsday. Please tell me was he wrong in doing this or am I being over reactive?
    2006 WRX
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    You could vote to fix me a sammich.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

In the words of some old man.... "Slow Down Sonny!". Nah, sorry about the bad luck. Tickets suck! Best to pay it and move on. Life is too short as it is. Why waste it fighting tickets?
    Mark
    02 WRX Wagon

Sorry about the ticket, but I'm betting it was the car. I grew up with cops and they'll tell you there are a lot of things that bias their decisions.

Personally if I had to give a ticket between a kid in an 04WRX with loud exhaust and BOV vs a kid in a 86 Legacy, I'd ticket the WRX.

Also, never argue with a cop, you will never win. Save it for court.

you were speeding and got caught, what else is there to it?

Registered User Death To Ricers's Avatar
    Originally posted by infox
    you were speeding and got caught, what else is there to it?
    Thanks for the support
    2006 WRX
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    You could vote to fix me a sammich.

A cop can do choose to give warnings or tickets, its totally up to him. It is completely legal to do what he did.

I'd check out ticketassassin... my friend is currently trying to help out one of his co-workers using it. A lot of info on the site if you want to spend the time to fight the ticket. I guess it wouldn't hurt to try.

I Support ClubWRX
    You got a ticket. Get over it, it happens. Not being an ass, but it happens... Are you saying that you want your friend to get a ticket as well? You got one, so should he? Nice of you to wish the best for your friends....
    '03 WRX
    '01 2.5RS
    MODS | PICS | Dyno
    "Stuff sold by the gram is always going to be more exciting than stuff sold by the pound." - Jeremy Clarkson

Re: How fair is this?

Originally posted by Death To Ricers
    Ok Here it is. I was driving this morning on my way to school and I am driving with my music up and I see a car coming in the oppisite lane and my instint tells me it is a police but i still keep speeding I even up with him and his lights start flashing. I say some bad words and pull over. ''67 in a 55'' he says. I leave half a hour later with a ticket. Around 10 minuets later my friend gets pulled over going 75 in a 55 in the same spot I did by the same cop. He gets off 2 minuets later with a verbal warning.Is the police force is wrong in doing this? Is it because I was in a WRX and he was in a 1986 Subaru GL? Or is it because he was a ingronrant jerk? I get to go to court this wendsday. Please tell me was he wrong in doing this or am I being over reactive?
    Help
    Drag racing? I like my racing to last longer than the average orgasm...

good kill!
    02 PSM WRX Cobb Stage 2.5 - SOLD
    05 Stone White SRT4 (CC, 58% Maddog, Gutted DP) SOLD
    2002 Toyota 4runner SR5 4WD - SOLD
    04 BMW 325i
    08 Spark Silver STI - Stage 2 Protuned

Originally posted by skyjock41
    good kill!
    i don't usually laugh out loud at posts on here but that statement was just too ridiculous. very funny. keep up the good work.
    1967 Camaro
    2002 WRX SOLD

Administrator
    I Support ClubWRX

Re: How fair is this?

Originally posted by Death To Ricers
    Do you have any prior tickets or points? Did you kiss the cops a$$ or give him attitude for pulling you? Maybe your friend has a cleaner license and was just a little bit nicer. Both of those will influence a cops decision.

Two words "Radar Detector".

Saved my ass more times than I can count. I live in NJ and I think when a cop graduates from "Super Trooper School" they install a radar gun in his head (just like the Borg). Cops here are always riding around with there radar guns on. Which is a good thing because that way I always know where they're at.
    99 Cobra- Rio Red
    286rwhp 290rwtq (stock)
    MODS- Steeda Tri-ax shifter, Eibach springs, 03 Cobra Bilstein shocks, Bassini X-pipe w/cats

89 Saleen #342 Mods:Cobra intake,B303 cam,65mm throttle body,75mm bullet mass air,stock ported heads,24lb injectors,1.72 rocker arms,shorty headers,BBK hi-flow cats,2 chamber flowmasters,3.55 gears

236rwhp 276rwtq - Modded

Originally posted by MidKnight
    You got a ticket. Get over it, it happens. Not being an ass, but it happens... Are you saying that you want your friend to get a ticket as well? You got one, so should he? Nice of you to wish the best for your friends....
    X2

Midknight.. please check your PM's.
    =+- 02' Midnight Black Scooby Rex-+=

Isnt this the "racing" forum? Not my job but i think the only things that should be posted here are races. Whining about tickets is definately an Off Topic.

Also the "What do you guys think" or the "will i beat this car" threads are annoying as well. Just race and find out.
    02 PSM WRX Cobb Stage 2.5 - SOLD
    05 Stone White SRT4 (CC, 58% Maddog, Gutted DP) SOLD
    2002 Toyota 4runner SR5 4WD - SOLD
    04 BMW 325i
    08 Spark Silver STI - Stage 2 Protuned