Just rode in an M3... wow - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Just rode in an M3... wow within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; What a sexy ass......

What a sexy ass...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

^^^
    That's the only side I'll see, I have a feeling.
    ribonucleic acid freakout

I drove my neighbor's 2004 Mercedes Benz CLK55 AMG. She considered a new M3, but the CLK is more refined. She just got it a month ago and had broken it in. I didn't want to risk hurting an $80,000 car, so I was super careful. Anyway, I drove it to merge onto the high way, and dang, I hit 90 so fast in that car, without even getting on the gas much. The interior was so nice too. I loved the seats. And the steering wheel felt like butter. Oh well, maybe someday, if I can ever justify spending that much on a car.
    - F r a n z
    Bucky with teh lime powah!

Originally posted by Th3Franz
    I drove my neighbor's 2004 Mercedes Benz CLK55 AMG. She considered a new M3, but the CLK is more refined. She just got it a month ago and had broken it in. I didn't want to risk hurting an $80,000 car, so I was super careful. Anyway, I drove it to merge onto the high way, and dang, I hit 90 so fast in that car, without even getting on the gas much. The interior was so nice too. I loved the seats. And the steering wheel felt like butter. Oh well, maybe someday, if I can ever justify spending that much on a car.
    If it's me I'd dish out another 10 grand for the E55. The new CLK55 is mighty over priced IMO at $80k large out of door. I've only seen few around and only one is driven by some guy.
    Nothing but good ol' replicas...on my good ol' poser c240

Originally posted by 03WREX
    What a sexy ass...

Damn that's hot

That's one car I WILL have at some point...even if I have to live in it

M3s are fun cars, I saw a gorgeous 2001+ M3 vert today and gave the guy driving a big thumbs up and he shot one back to me, giving a little respect to the Subie. Too bad we were passing each other or he could've gotten a better look at my taillights

A friend of mine has an E36 M3 and they have a BMW club and there's one guy in his group with a supercharged E46 M3 putting down about 450rwhp... very good cars but expensive as all hell to mod.
    2004 STi, Java Black Pearl
    www.cardomain.com/id/2004wrxsti

Best ET 4/24/04
    12.38@109

Have any of you guys checked out the SMG's? My uncle just bought a SMG 330i recently. Went back today for some sercive and my brother took me around a new SMG M3. Its a really fast car.

SMG, is the new transmission the BMW has put out. It runs on automatic clutch. Not the regular techtronic transmission were its basically an auto transmission were you get to shift the gears when you want to, but and actual mannual transmission were the clutch is automatic.

Compared to my uncle's 330i the M3 shifts into gear almost instantly. Its kinda cool if you are racing but for regular driving its going to get anoying because it feels like the car is basicaly droping the clutch when it shifts
    HKW

Having ridden in a 325i, the build quality is worlds better than a WRX. Simple things like opening/closing the door, the switches, all have a high quality feel to them.

The M3 is just a gorgeous car to me, plain and simple. I could care less if a Stage 4 can toast it. That's not what the car is about.

Now what they've done to the 5/6/7 series...yuck.
    J
    2004 WRX PSM Wagon
    Mesh hood scoop and grille

2005 Kawasaki Ti 636

Originally posted by Rice Boi
    Have any of you guys checked out the SMG's? My uncle just bought a SMG 330i recently. Went back today for some sercive and my brother took me around a new SMG M3. Its a really fast car.

SMG, is the new transmission the BMW has put out. It runs on automatic clutch. Not the regular techtronic transmission were its basically an auto transmission were you get to shift the gears when you want to, but and actual mannual transmission were the clutch is automatic.

Compared to my uncle's 330i the M3 shifts into gear almost instantly. Its kinda cool if you are racing but for regular driving its going to get anoying because it feels like the car is basicaly droping the clutch when it shifts
    The SMG from BMW's nothing new. They had been using them since the 96-97 on the European version E36 M3. The things that are new are the new modes that you can choose and the improved shifting response.

Drove my friend's 02 SMGII twice. It's very fun to drive, but you don't want to get caught in traffic w/ the SMG...it's jerky as hell.

my dad has an '04 m3 silver grey on imola red interior cab. It is quick, but definitely not the neck snapping-ness of the easy street stage IV he sold for it. o well, I'm actually gettin a subie soon, so we'll have the best of both worlds!

sj
    if everything's under control, you're going too slow

*******BUY MY '88 Mercedes 560 sel so i can get a subie!!!!!!!!!!!! ($6k excellent condition)*******

sold
    02 sedona red wrx wagon (ESX stage IV) IHI VF-22, MRT intercooler, ESX/TRP full turbo back 3" exhaust, ESX/TRP 3200 lb racing clutch, AVO BOV, Blitz FATT digital turbo timer, piggy back computer system, ESX/TRP pulley, ESX/TRP lightweight flywheel , Injen cold air intake, Samco silicone hoses, black Enkei 18" DM5 with Yokohama AVS ES100s, STI short shift kit

dad's car
    '04 BMW m3 convertible. 19's, 6 speed, xenon, etc

Originally posted by ESXwrxguy
    my dad has an '04 m3 silver grey on imola red interior cab. It is quick, but definitely not the neck snapping-ness of the easy street stage IV he sold for it. o well, I'm actually gettin a subie soon, so we'll have the best of both worlds!

sj
    the vert is somewhat different than the coupe because it's heavier. M3's really not a neck snapping car since it only has about 260lb-ft of torque.

I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by burgerboy
    Agreed. The new 5 looks like the bastard love child of a Camry and a Pontiac to my eyes.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Originally posted by burgerboy

this car is so beautiful!

dR
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails new 760 bmw.jpg  

I Support ClubWRX
    You really like that squared-off rear end? Eww.
    Different strokes for different folks!
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.