Wrx Vs 350z
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

This is a discussion on Wrx Vs 350z within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hi every one well it seems that i am moving to a house in south florida in an area called ...

Wrx Vs 350z

Hi every one well it seems that i am moving to a house in south florida in an area called Heron bay if any of you have herd of it. Well We were looking for houses and i noticed most of the roads were 2-3 lane straight away which was almost perfect for racing also their is not many cops in that area in fact i havent seen one. I also noticed that there tons of 350Zs and I

was wondering how a STOCK wrx would do against a STOCK 350Z?
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Interesting question, I gotta admit there are a few 350Z rolling around down here in S. FL. Havent been able to run against one, but as soon as I do I'll let you know whats up. Here is a tip, there is one blue 350 that is all n/a and it MOVES... I dont know the exact numbers but he has one of our Team Revolution windshield stickers...so be aware!

Originally posted by Chino
    Interesting question, I gotta admit there are a few 350Z rolling around down here in S. FL. Havent been able to run against one, but as soon as I do I'll let you know whats up. Here is a tip, there is one blue 350 that is all n/a and it MOVES... I dont know the exact numbers but he has one of our Team Revolution windshield stickers...so be aware!
    Thanks alot man that was good advice.

So can any one here tell me how a Stock 2004 WRX will do against a STOCK 350Z? Has any one ever raced a stock WRX against a stock 350Z?

I have not done it myself, but knowing that they put up similar numbers to SRT-4's I know that off the line you will prolly jump ahead, but once your moving he will reel you in quickly. If you go from a roll say goodbye because he will smash you. He has about 60+ hp at the wheels more than a stock wrx, so its really no contest from a roll. Now since most people cant really launch rwd cars correctly 100% of the time, you will prolly get like a 3 car jump on him, and then around 80 he will pass you and run away from you. Thats just my prediction, try it out and let me know how it goes .

-BobbyD
    5spd/U/D/MBC/QTEC

Originally posted by BobbyD
    I have not done it myself, but knowing that they put up similar numbers to SRT-4's I know that off the line you will prolly jump ahead, but once your moving he will reel you in quickly. If you go from a roll say goodbye because he will smash you. He has about 60+ hp at the wheels more than a stock wrx, so its really no contest from a roll. Now since most people cant really launch rwd cars correctly 100% of the time, you will prolly get like a 3 car jump on him, and then around 80 he will pass you and run away from you. Thats just my prediction, try it out and let me know how it goes .

-BobbyD
    thanks man

Race him from a stop. When you are about to go, press the "oil release" button. Then spray his back wheels with oil Works all the time.

Race the bad drivers

Some Z owners are getting high 13 sec 1/4 mile runs with their cars stock.
    Bleeding true blue.

"That gasp you just heard was National League hitters after hearing that Mark Prior has added a couple extra MPH to his fastball this winter."

-Will Carroll-

03 Blue rex - Sold
    04 Black Forester XT - Nice

Some wrx owners are getting high 13's also.
    Mods

Armed with a rotated Precision 6265 turbo at 35psi and a built 2.5 liter.

sht
    Originally posted by ilivas
    stock???
    wrx 04 black

workin for the man

Originally posted by ilivas
    Must be part of that dark society downhill track racing club.
    02 PSM WRX Cobb Stage 2.5 - SOLD
    05 Stone White SRT4 (CC, 58% Maddog, Gutted DP) SOLD
    2002 Toyota 4runner SR5 4WD - SOLD
    04 BMW 325i
    08 Spark Silver STI - Stage 2 Protuned

WRX
    I raced one from a stop when I was stock. I pulled a few cars on him on the launch and he gave up just after shifting to 2nd. Although I'm sure he could've pulled past me easily by the end of his 3rd or so.

I recently raced one with my current setup from a stop and roll, and I had him both times.
    13.12@101mph
    248whp 204lb/ft torque
    mods

str
    My old WRX Wagon had an MBC and I raced a few stock 350Z's. Never did pull on one but all the races were very close. Maybe by inches. I don't think I would have hung with one if I didn't have the MBC.
    2004 Black Forester XT

My friend had a 350z for about a year but I never got to race him. He had so many problems with the car within that one year he got a lawyer and had the dealership buy the car back. I think he went through 2 transmissions and had tonz of other issues. I guess he got a lemon... I'd say it would take a stock wrx though.

Raced my friends intake/grounding mod tip tronic 350Z vs my up pipe/mbc WRX from a roll and was pretty much dead even with me being out by about a fender...although when he hits 3rd gear he starts pulling.
    SIRacing.Net

Originally posted by yermom
    heh, fairlady

does not sound like a fast car, no wonder they changed the name for the US market

Originally posted by sht
    stock???
    stock.
    Mods

Armed with a rotated Precision 6265 turbo at 35psi and a built 2.5 liter.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.