Wrx Vs 350z - Page 6
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

This is a discussion on Wrx Vs 350z within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by AwdTurboWrx your a narrowminded newb with stupid statements without any proof at all yup...

Originally posted by AwdTurboWrx
    your a narrowminded newb with stupid statements without any proof at all
    yup

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Originally posted by whodeani
    These cars are monsters...
    With exhust only they are putting down like 14. 4's and with e/h/i they are 14.0's
    um....you are nearly a full second off with your 1/4 mile time estimates for 350Z's....

I ran 13.6 stock and guys with basic bolt-ons are low 13s...
    03 350Z - intake, test pipes
    Best STOCK E.T. 13.68@102.77mph 2.09 60'
    Best mods E.T. 13.38@103.60mph 1.90 60'

Originally posted by TunaWrap
    yup
    HEY TUNAWRAP

why haven't you responded to my replies?? Realized you were dead wrong and don't have a rebuttal?

Originally posted by TunaWrap
    ....so this will own a wrx how?? all you are saying is that at 95-155(cause this is the speed we all race at right?) a type r will tie a wrx...
    hardly a 95-155 race... pretty much an race starting from a roll where the wrx doesnt have AWD advantage and the type R is going to do VERY well and only do BETTER as they get faster....
    even a race of 40-100 and the ITR is still going to do very well and most likely start to edge the rex out around 85-90

ive seen it happen with ITR's and RSX-S

once again... logic is your friend

i am also curious why you have yet to reply to anything briguymax has posted...... do just feel stupid, or are afraid to dig your self even deeper in your pool or "made up" info
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

the cyndicate and tunawrap seem to be same type of people..they dont wanna admit when they are wrong so they just ignore when people respond intelligently
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

Originally posted by BriGuyMax
    um....you are nearly a full second off with your 1/4 mile time estimates for 350Z's....

I ran 13.6 stock and guys with basic bolt-ons are low 13s...
    i thought he was talking about the type r when he was quoting those numbers..but i could be wrong

yea and bri before you start that flame u completely misquoted him...way to read the post

also...these numbers and 60 foot look like you had AT THE VERY LEAST radials...i dont believe a 60 foot time like that can be captured with that car...i am very suprised to see a 13.6 with a car rated by car and driver at 14.3...but i geuss everyone says you really ran a 13.6

motor trend ran a 13.77 @ 100mph with the z ...i've seen them hit 14.1 @ lacr (local track) oh yeah that track is 4000ft above sea leavel so 14.1 is like 13.7-13.8...i'd think 13.6 is possible..plus sti is rated at 13.2-13.4 depending what mag your pointing at..and people have broken 12.9 with bone stock sti

interesting but I dont like those price tags atleast til next year

Originally posted by burrito007
    yea and bri before you start that flame u completely misquoted him...way to read the post
    Why don't YOU re-read his post. He never said ANYTHING about the integra Type-R. He did mention the 350Z....furthermore...the forced induction numbers that he quoted are what 350z's put down...NOT what Integra Type-R's normally put down with forced induction.

The topic of the thread was WRX vs. 350z...and he was clearly replying to the original topic.

also...these numbers and 60 foot look like you had AT THE VERY LEAST radials...i dont believe a 60 foot time like that can be captured with that car...i am very suprised to see a 13.6 with a car rated by car and driver at 14.3...but i geuss everyone says you really ran a 13.6
    Yes...I did have radial tires.....STOCK STREET radials....Bridgestone Potenza RE040s to be exact. Those are the tires that COME WITH THE CAR if you don't know.

How is a 2.0 60' time not believeable??? I've pulled a 2.04 60' before with the car on the stock tires in warmer weather. There are a few guys that have pulled UNDER a 2.0 60' time with the stock tires.

Drag Radial 350z's pull 1.8 to low 1.9 60' times.

Nice try though. If you still don't believe me. Take a look at the links that I posted to theads on my350z.com. There were THREE witnesses from the board at the track that day that saw me run, and have confirmed that I was indeed stock and was NOT on a drag radial.

I guess I'm just an idiot though....how dare I run a quicker 1/4 mile time that the awesome "professional drivers" that work for C&D magazine.

Why don't YOU re-read his post. He never said ANYTHING about the integra Type-R. He did mention the 350Z....furthermore...the forced induction numbers that he quoted are what 350z's put down...NOT what Integra Type-R's normally put down with forced induction.

The topic of the thread was WRX vs. 350z...and he was clearly replying to the original topic.

Yes...I did have radial tires.....STOCK STREET radials....Bridgestone Potenza RE040s to be exact. Those are the tires that COME WITH THE CAR if you don't know.

How is a 2.0 60' time not believeable??? I've pulled a 2.04 60' before with the car on the stock tires in warmer weather. There are a few guys that have pulled UNDER a 2.0 60' time with the stock tires.

Drag Radial 350z's pull 1.8 to low 1.9 60' times.

Nice try though. If you still don't believe me. Take a look at the links that I posted to theads on my350z.com. There were THREE witnesses from the board at the track that day that saw me run, and have confirmed that I was indeed stock and was NOT on a drag radial.

I guess I'm just an idiot though....how dare I run a quicker 1/4 mile time that the awesome "professional drivers" that work for C&D magazine.
    first of all i was definitely talking about the type R.

all the 350z stats i've found say its at best a 13.9 second car. Why does it always seem outlandish when a wrx breaks into the 13's stock but when you come and say your 350z pulled 60ft times that put to shame an awd launch, then we have to say "oh yeah every car is better than the wrx".

str
    A friend of mine ran his 350Z recently at the track. I wasn't there but I saw his time slips. He is bone stock. His best time was 14.1. I don't remember the trap speeds but the 60' was 2.0, I think.
    2004 Black Forester XT

i love these types of threads......

idiots like tunawrap can provide entertainment for days on end
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

AwdTurboWrx-

My mods at the time I ran those times were: HKS SSQ BOV, CMB Carbo Dynamic Aribox, ECS N75 race valve, 3" Down Pipe, test tube (no cat) 100 octance race program APR, Samco Turbo Inlet pipe, no interrior or spare tire, have stock CB exhust, and street tires.

Now I have added Neu speed pullies and MBC...

shooting for 13.8's this year.
    0-60 in 5.678 on 4-21-03
    BEST 1/4 Mile 14.098 @ 103.1 On the street
    BEST 1/4 Mile 14.123 @ 100.3 At the track