Wrx Vs 350z - Page 4
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

This is a discussion on Wrx Vs 350z within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by wrx_GuY71 Thanks alot guys... but lets say you throw on a turboback exhaust a downpipe and uppipe ...

Originally posted by wrx_GuY71
    Thanks alot guys... but lets say you throw on a turboback exhaust a downpipe and uppipe and a new bov? Would we be about even? Im talking about a race from 0-80 90 at the most? And if we were on the high way or something it would be 60-90

you would own him off a launch up to 80 with those mods...idk about 60-90..i havent raced my friends z yet on highway but i will soon and let u know..i pretty much same mods ur talking about...without the bov..dont get the bov..no point..just hurts your car
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Originally posted by AwdTurboWrx
    you would own him off a launch up to 80 with those mods...idk about 60-90..i havent raced my friends z yet on highway but i will soon and let u know..i pretty much same mods ur talking about...without the bov..dont get the bov..no point..just hurts your car
    Oh thanks alot man i only realy wanted the bov because of the noise but if it will hurt my car i will not get it thanks again.

Originally posted by TunaWrap
    this is not right...yes they will put up with a fight but the wrx will beat these cars from a roll also...only car that stands a chance that u listed is the rsx-s (srt-4 isnt even in the same category, and will own the crap out of a 350z)...still a wrx should theoretically pull that from a roll...are you defining a roll speed as over 105mph?
    You really have NO IDEA what you are talking about....do you???

Take a look at my sig....if you want proof...here's links to the theads about it...with witnesses, video and timeslips.

http://www.my350z.com/forum/showthre...threadid=68454

http://www.my350z.com/forum/showthre...threadid=69132

oh...and here's links to some other 350z's running 13s STOCK....even an automatic.

http://www.my350z.com/forum/showthre...threadid=54138

http://www.my350z.com/forum/showthre...threadid=60180

http://www.my350z.com/forum/showthre...threadid=58644

http://www.my350z.com/forum/showthre...threadid=70291

You've got to be on crack if you think a stock WRX will hang with a 350Z from a roll. I murder stock WRXs all the time. Stop or roll. If you hung with a 350Z from a roll...then the guy was either in the wrong gear, not in it all the way or he had a 500lb passenger.

Furthermore...if you think an stock SRT-4 will "own the crap" out of a stock Z...then show me a stock SRT-4 that traps higher than I do....or runs significantly quicker 1/4 mile times.

And pulling an ITR from a roll in a stock rex....dream on dude.
    03 350Z - intake, test pipes
    Best STOCK E.T. 13.68@102.77mph 2.09 60'
    Best mods E.T. 13.38@103.60mph 1.90 60'

finally bro...thank god you posted..i was going to PM you

ITR = good match off roll, but damn, give some credit. maybe past 100 it could pull on the wrx but, then again almost anything can. and a 350 shouldnt murder a wrx until after 100 either. pulling one or two cars is not murdering, and thats what it might do in its own best case scenario. obviously the Z will pull it, that shouldnt even be up for debate. but i also think that an srt4 would be a dammn good roll on with a 350- stock for stock, ive ran them both a few times, and it seems the srt would be faster. but then ive ran some srt's that seem to be a bit slower

Originally posted by TunaWrap
    maybe if you did your own research youd find that those mods bring a grand total of 0 horsepower to the wrx...to me it seems that you do not own a wrx and are very scepticle of its abilities...you are making too much of a big deal about horsepower...from previous posts i see you have claimed that a stock gsr can hang with a wrx from a roll despite that fact that it is 50 hp less (227-174)...yes one is awd another is fwd but it does not account for THAT much of a difference...i have beaten a type R stock vs stock in the past although they are suppose to trap at the same speed as the wrx i still outroll it in 4th gear...i really have my doubts about a 350z running a 13.6 in the quarter...not even radials but bone stock?
    did my own research??? man, you should just stop right now before i own you. i dont even think you are worth my time of posting all the 350z's that have run 13's stock... and i believe AWDturbowrx and briguymax have already done this for me.

i dont doubt the wrx's ability, i am going to buy one for god sakes....but its high speed power in stock form is its biggest weakness, i am just one of the people that can actually admit that here. as for the wrx's power, true that an intake doesnt do anything, and my actually hurt power, but a catback and hoses are good mods for a rex. i have seen a few 350z's pull on wrx from a roll. if a Z can take a wrx from dig more than half the time (6MT) than to say its cant pull pretty good from a roll is rediculous.

i have done my research and obviously have more knowledge on the subject than yourself. and BTW, my gsr is not stock. it has quite a few bolt on's and def. has the potential to pull on a stock wrx from HIGH speeds.... my car is running quicker than a type R right now, and a typeR will do VERY WELL if not edge out a rex at high speeds.

so yeah, there ya go
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

a type-r won't edge out a rex. It would be close though. The rex would inch away.
    Mods

Armed with a rotated Precision 6265 turbo at 35psi and a built 2.5 liter.

Originally posted by ilivas
    a type-r won't edge out a rex. It would be close though. The rex would inch away.
    this is complete open debate considering every situation would be different, especially with 2 cars so close in speed (in this scenario)...

its definitly a toss up, but i think if both were well driven the type R would inch away towards the end.. not only does it have its trap speed, but naturally the wrx wont do so well once in 4th (stock) where as the type R gets better the faster it goes.

this has been beaten to death again and again, but mathematically its in the typeR's favor... though on the street, theres a lot more than mathematics.

typeR hp and wrx hp to the wheels isnt THAT much of a difference due to the awd drive train loss.... but the wrx has much more torque.
    but the 500lb lightness advantage of the type will more than make up for the hp tq the wrx has on it.
    not to mention the not so good 4th gear in the rex, and the pretty good and geared for high speed 4th of the type R

obviously from a dig is different, win going to wrx by quite a bit, but i think a lot of people here underestimate the top end of a well driven type-R. it is quite close no doubt.... but i think the EDGE would go to type-R... that is all..

thanks for indulging my long post
    Just call me Clark Kent

I don't see stock WRX's trapping 98mph....I've seen stock ITRs go that fast...typical ITR trap I see is 95-96mph....typical WRX trap I see is 92-93mph.....How do you figure a WRX will pull an ITR from a roll with a lower trap speed and poorer gearing??
    03 350Z - intake, test pipes
    Best STOCK E.T. 13.68@102.77mph 2.09 60'
    Best mods E.T. 13.38@103.60mph 1.90 60'

Yeah, when I raced my friend's ITR (I/H/E) from a 15mph roll to about 115mph. I only had intake silencer removal back then. I had him by about a fender, it really was a driver's race. I had him by about 2 cars in first and second then he came back in 3rd, to where I was about a fender ahead. Then all through 4th gear neither of us were pulling.

edit: It isn't a real type-r. It's a gsr w/ type-r motor, tranny, and interior swap and I/H/E.
    Last edited by ilivas; 05-30-2004 at 04:50 PM.
    Mods

bone stock wrx is really weak after 3rd gear but a mbc with a pound or 2 more of boost helps a lot...i have mine set up so 1st and 2nd gear i hit 14 psi..and 3rd 4th and 5th it holds at 16 psi..top end is a lot better that way

Yeah, when I raced my friend's ITR (I/H/E) from a 15mph roll to about 115mph. I only had intake silencer removal back then. I had him by about a fender, it really was a driver's race. I had him by about 2 cars in first and second then he came back in 3rd, to where I was about a fender ahead. Then all through 4th gear neither of us were pulling.

edit: It isn't a real type-r. It's a gsr w/ type-r motor, tranny, and interior swap and I/H/E.
    sorry to rain on your parade, but your friends not a good driver... i could understand the scenario upto maybe 60-70mph, but for a stock wrx to put a fender on an ITR with i/h/e upto 115 is not the norm....

either way, awdturbowrx is right, $100 for gutted uppipe, and MBC and the situation has changed
    Just call me Clark Kent

Well, he ran a 14.3 in the quarter, not sure if that's good for his setup. It's really hard to not drive well on a roll anyways. The only thing you could possibly do wrong is short shift or miss gears. He did neither. If it was up to 60-70, I would of won by two car lengths.
    Mods

Well, he ran a 14.3 in the quarter, not sure if that's good for his setup. It's really hard to not drive well on a roll anyways. The only thing you could possibly do wrong is short shift or miss gears. He did neither. If it was up to 60-70, I would of won by two car lengths.
    its cool and all that you won... but dont think your stock rex will pull on most ITR's with i/h/e upto 115...
    Just call me Clark Kent

Originally posted by DTR maxima
    did my own research??? man, you should just stop right now before i own you. i dont even think you are worth my time of posting all the 350z's that have run 13's stock... and i believe AWDturbowrx and briguymax have already done this for me.

i dont doubt the wrx's ability, i am going to buy one for god sakes....but its high speed power in stock form is its biggest weakness, i am just one of the people that can actually admit that here. as for the wrx's power, true that an intake doesnt do anything, and my actually hurt power, but a catback and hoses are good mods for a rex. i have seen a few 350z's pull on wrx from a roll. if a Z can take a wrx from dig more than half the time (6MT) than to say its cant pull pretty good from a roll is rediculous.

i have done my research and obviously have more knowledge on the subject than yourself. and BTW, my gsr is not stock. it has quite a few bolt on's and def. has the potential to pull on a stock wrx from HIGH speeds.... my car is running quicker than a type R right now, and a typeR will do VERY WELL if not edge out a rex at high speeds.

so yeah, there ya go
    when did i say a 350z will lose to a wrx from a roll...quite frankly wtf r u talking about...i said a 350z will not run a 13.6 stock and i stand by my statement...i simply dont believe it