Wrx Vs 350z - Page 3
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

This is a discussion on Wrx Vs 350z within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I have a stock 02 wrx and I have raced one from somwhere around 50mphh up to about 80. He ...

I have a stock 02 wrx and I have raced one from somwhere around 50mphh up to about 80. He pulled on me slowly,but nothing like the way the z28 or cobra I raced from a roll pulled.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Originally posted by TunaWrap
    oh and i have done my research my friend...this thread is on the same exact topic and comes to the conclusion that NO ONE HAS EVER RUN BELOW A 14 IN A 350Z STOCK
    http://forums.stangnet.com/showthread.php?t=462766

you havent done any research..motor trend ran 13.7 with z at 103mph when they were comparing with the rx8 and also s2000..i'll get the link if you promise to admit your narrowminded after i show you that link

edit: actually i dont want to hear another false comment from you so hear it is

http://motortrend.com/roadtests/coup...ee/index7.html

go to page 8 and look at that stats

wait?? what's that i see?? does it say nissan 350z 13.77 @100 mph? i thought so
    Last edited by AwdTurboWrx; 05-27-2004 at 08:31 PM.
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

Originally posted by AwdTurboWrx
    you havent done any research..motor trend ran 13.7 with z at 103mph when they were comparing with the rx8 and also s2000..i'll get the link if you promise to admit your narrowminded after i show you that link

edit: actually i dont want to hear another false comment from you so hear it is

http://motortrend.com/roadtests/coup...ee/index7.html

go to page 8 and look at that stats

wait?? what's that i see?? does it say nissan 350z 13.77 @100 mph? i thought so
    yes it says 100. it doesn't say 103...i dont see what this stat tells me other than motortrend got some random time...the time for a 350z in the quarter is 14.17....this is the 350z quartmile time listed on all of mags u decide to read...not 13.77
    Last edited by TunaWrap; 05-27-2004 at 09:56 PM.

heres one for ya car and driver....
    http://autos.yahoo.com/newcars/nissa...rformance.html

off a launc with best z driver and best wrx driver Z would win also..welcome to reality
    no

Yeah, a gsr will not hang with a wrx from a roll. I've beaten plenty back when I was stock. A type-r would be a close match though.
    Mods

Armed with a rotated Precision 6265 turbo at 35psi and a built 2.5 liter.

Originally posted by TunaWrap
    no
    ur crazy...the z times have been improving OVER AND OVER AGAIN..as they run it more..its harder to master a launch with rwd than it is with awd..and yes it is reality..idk that many guys than can break 14.1 with a bone stock rex ...drop the clutch at 7k MAYBE..but yeah..MOTOR TREND is not just some mag.its a major mag...and the more they test the z..the better they break times...dude i've seen with my own eyes.a stock z break 14.2 @ 4500 above sealevel..thats easily under 14 seconds @ sealevel...I OWN a wrx...i am telling you right now..stock on stock best z drivers break 13's its been done ....also if you think a stock rex will hang with a z off a roll you dont know jack**** about cars....you do realize a stock gti will hang with wrx right?? a vr6 will destroy a wrx on the highway..a stock gti 1.8t traps the same and will stick with a rex off a roll..an rsx will stick with rex off a roll..it will hang very nicely...a srt4 will be even off a roll against a 350z .....everyone knows what happens when a stock wrx race a stock srt4 off a roll...wrx gets own3d....srt4 stock has 227whp...and its underrated..cranks at about 260 ...z have dynoed anywhere from 230-245 bone stock whp...just THINK about it..your living a dream wake up already..this is coming from a wrx owner whos close friend has a 350z..right now with dp/up mbc i hang with him off a roll..off a launch yeah i take him

My friend also has a 350z. It's pretty slow. A 350z would beat a rex from a roll but a z wouldnt rape a rex. From a stop, I'd say it's a driver's race in the quarter. After the quarter the z will inch ahead.
    Mods

Originally posted by ilivas
    My friend also has a 350z. It's pretty slow. A 350z would beat a rex from a roll but a z wouldnt rape a rex. From a stop, I'd say it's a driver's race in the quarter. After the quarter the z will inch ahead.

i agree ...but perfect z driver against perfect rex driver off a launch ..z would win

I dunno, I'd have to think about it. The z is faster, but awd is a pretty big advantage.
    Mods

you do realize a stock gti will hang with wrx right?? a vr6 will destroy a wrx on the highway..a stock gti 1.8t traps the same and will stick with a rex off a roll..an rsx will stick with rex off a roll..it will hang very nicely...a srt4 will be even off a roll against a 350z .....everyone knows what happens when a stock wrx race a stock srt4 off a roll...wrx gets own3d....
    this is not right...yes they will put up with a fight but the wrx will beat these cars from a roll also...only car that stands a chance that u listed is the rsx-s (srt-4 isnt even in the same category, and will own the crap out of a 350z)...still a wrx should theoretically pull that from a roll...are you defining a roll speed as over 105mph?

sumbitted twice...sory

yes this is true...a type R from a roll has almost hung with me at stock... i pulled about 2 cars...however from a dead stop i would kill it every time by about 4-5 cars by 100...however a launch is more subject to driver skill than a roll...

wait..did you just say an srt4 would not beat a wrx off a roll?? i've raced a stock srt4 off a roll with downpipe and mbc...i didnt have a chance and it wasn't from 100 above..it was from 40-100

edit: i think i misread what you said..i think you meant wrx should pull on the rsx off a roll
    Last edited by AwdTurboWrx; 05-28-2004 at 11:02 AM.

Thanks alot guys... but lets say you throw on a turboback exhaust a downpipe and uppipe and a new bov? Would we be about even? Im talking about a race from 0-80 90 at the most? And if we were on the high way or something it would be 60-90
    Last edited by wrx_GuY71; 05-28-2004 at 05:03 PM.