Wrx Vs 350z - Page 3
Closed Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

This is a discussion on Wrx Vs 350z within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I have a stock 02 wrx and I have raced one from somwhere around 50mphh up to about 80. He ...

I have a stock 02 wrx and I have raced one from somwhere around 50mphh up to about 80. He pulled on me slowly,but nothing like the way the z28 or cobra I raced from a roll pulled.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Originally posted by TunaWrap
    oh and i have done my research my friend...this thread is on the same exact topic and comes to the conclusion that NO ONE HAS EVER RUN BELOW A 14 IN A 350Z STOCK
    http://forums.stangnet.com/showthread.php?t=462766

you havent done any research..motor trend ran 13.7 with z at 103mph when they were comparing with the rx8 and also s2000..i'll get the link if you promise to admit your narrowminded after i show you that link

edit: actually i dont want to hear another false comment from you so hear it is

http://motortrend.com/roadtests/coup...ee/index7.html

go to page 8 and look at that stats

wait?? what's that i see?? does it say nissan 350z 13.77 @100 mph? i thought so
    Last edited by AwdTurboWrx; 05-27-2004 at 08:31 PM.
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

Originally posted by AwdTurboWrx
    you havent done any research..motor trend ran 13.7 with z at 103mph when they were comparing with the rx8 and also s2000..i'll get the link if you promise to admit your narrowminded after i show you that link

edit: actually i dont want to hear another false comment from you so hear it is

http://motortrend.com/roadtests/coup...ee/index7.html

go to page 8 and look at that stats

wait?? what's that i see?? does it say nissan 350z 13.77 @100 mph? i thought so
    yes it says 100. it doesn't say 103...i dont see what this stat tells me other than motortrend got some random time...the time for a 350z in the quarter is 14.17....this is the 350z quartmile time listed on all of mags u decide to read...not 13.77
    Last edited by TunaWrap; 05-27-2004 at 09:56 PM.

heres one for ya car and driver....
    http://autos.yahoo.com/newcars/nissa...rformance.html

off a launc with best z driver and best wrx driver Z would win also..welcome to reality
    no

Yeah, a gsr will not hang with a wrx from a roll. I've beaten plenty back when I was stock. A type-r would be a close match though.
    Mods

Armed with a rotated Precision 6265 turbo at 35psi and a built 2.5 liter.

Originally posted by TunaWrap
    no
    ur crazy...the z times have been improving OVER AND OVER AGAIN..as they run it more..its harder to master a launch with rwd than it is with awd..and yes it is reality..idk that many guys than can break 14.1 with a bone stock rex ...drop the clutch at 7k MAYBE..but yeah..MOTOR TREND is not just some mag.its a major mag...and the more they test the z..the better they break times...dude i've seen with my own eyes.a stock z break 14.2 @ 4500 above sealevel..thats easily under 14 seconds @ sealevel...I OWN a wrx...i am telling you right now..stock on stock best z drivers break 13's its been done ....also if you think a stock rex will hang with a z off a roll you dont know jack**** about cars....you do realize a stock gti will hang with wrx right?? a vr6 will destroy a wrx on the highway..a stock gti 1.8t traps the same and will stick with a rex off a roll..an rsx will stick with rex off a roll..it will hang very nicely...a srt4 will be even off a roll against a 350z .....everyone knows what happens when a stock wrx race a stock srt4 off a roll...wrx gets own3d....srt4 stock has 227whp...and its underrated..cranks at about 260 ...z have dynoed anywhere from 230-245 bone stock whp...just THINK about it..your living a dream wake up already..this is coming from a wrx owner whos close friend has a 350z..right now with dp/up mbc i hang with him off a roll..off a launch yeah i take him

My friend also has a 350z. It's pretty slow. A 350z would beat a rex from a roll but a z wouldnt rape a rex. From a stop, I'd say it's a driver's race in the quarter. After the quarter the z will inch ahead.
    Mods

Originally posted by ilivas
    My friend also has a 350z. It's pretty slow. A 350z would beat a rex from a roll but a z wouldnt rape a rex. From a stop, I'd say it's a driver's race in the quarter. After the quarter the z will inch ahead.

i agree ...but perfect z driver against perfect rex driver off a launch ..z would win

I dunno, I'd have to think about it. The z is faster, but awd is a pretty big advantage.
    Mods

you do realize a stock gti will hang with wrx right?? a vr6 will destroy a wrx on the highway..a stock gti 1.8t traps the same and will stick with a rex off a roll..an rsx will stick with rex off a roll..it will hang very nicely...a srt4 will be even off a roll against a 350z .....everyone knows what happens when a stock wrx race a stock srt4 off a roll...wrx gets own3d....
    this is not right...yes they will put up with a fight but the wrx will beat these cars from a roll also...only car that stands a chance that u listed is the rsx-s (srt-4 isnt even in the same category, and will own the crap out of a 350z)...still a wrx should theoretically pull that from a roll...are you defining a roll speed as over 105mph?

sumbitted twice...sory

yes this is true...a type R from a roll has almost hung with me at stock... i pulled about 2 cars...however from a dead stop i would kill it every time by about 4-5 cars by 100...however a launch is more subject to driver skill than a roll...

wait..did you just say an srt4 would not beat a wrx off a roll?? i've raced a stock srt4 off a roll with downpipe and mbc...i didnt have a chance and it wasn't from 100 above..it was from 40-100

edit: i think i misread what you said..i think you meant wrx should pull on the rsx off a roll
    Last edited by AwdTurboWrx; 05-28-2004 at 11:02 AM.

Thanks alot guys... but lets say you throw on a turboback exhaust a downpipe and uppipe and a new bov? Would we be about even? Im talking about a race from 0-80 90 at the most? And if we were on the high way or something it would be 60-90
    Last edited by wrx_GuY71; 05-28-2004 at 05:03 PM.

Closed Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.