Wrx Vs 350z - Page 2
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

This is a discussion on Wrx Vs 350z within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; If i'm remembering correctly...the new z's put out 287 hp and weigh only 3100 pounds. How does the Rex stand ...

If i'm remembering correctly...the new z's put out 287 hp and weigh only 3100 pounds. How does the Rex stand a chance stock??? Is the AWD that much of an advantage? Or are we just talking about a race up until 60 or so?
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Originally posted by cb259
    If i'm remembering correctly...the new z's put out 287 hp and weigh only 3100 pounds. How does the Rex stand a chance stock??? Is the AWD that much of an advantage? Or are we just talking about a race up until 60 or so?
    They weigh 3200lb and more (depending on options)
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

Originally posted by jigga
    They weigh 3200lb and more (depending on options)
    Say they weigh 3600 pounds...that weight to hp ratio still kills a stock Rex's.

if you race quarter mile than just stop and his a bad driver and your a good driver than you'll win..a lot of IF's

good z drivers hit high 13's...guy named BRIGUYMAX on this forum with z has hit 13.6 @ 103 from what i remember seeing stock of course

get a mbc..up the boost to 15.5-16 and you can hit 13.7 if your a really good driver

and if you race off a roll..either way you'll get worked pretty badly

hope his an auto and race him off a launch
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

I think that Bri guy had drags when he got that time....

There is no way stock WRX can pull on a Z from a roll. They trap around 100mph, which means stock WRX will get murdered. Don't underestimate them because of their slow 1/4 time. Trap speed is what's most important.

IMO

On dry tarmac, stock vs. stock, a WRX is in big trouble against a Z in all ways. It's power to weight, low end torque, trap speed, etc. And because of those crappy RE92s, twisties go to the Z as well.

A stage 2 WRX will have a good chance against a stock Z, even though our 4th gear is way too tall. However, it'll still take better-than-stock tires to make dry twisties a driver's race.

The WRX is still a great stock car, especially if it rains or snows or you need a decent back seat.
    '07 STI UGM: Protuned Cobb DP, Walbro, Prodrive BCS; Cobb heat shield; extra stock rims with Hankook iPike W409's; Subaru hitch mount; a Limited roof and wing
    '02 WRX PS: quick & trouble free but sold with 110K miles
    mods

Originally posted by WRXreX
    I think that Bri guy had drags when he got that time....

There is no way stock WRX can pull on a Z from a roll. They trap around 100mph, which means stock WRX will get murdered. Don't underestimate them because of their slow 1/4 time. Trap speed is what's most important.

he did it on stock tires

ive had my run ins with 350z's when i used to be stock...it was pretty much dead even in 1st and second with him pullin slighlty in 3rd...yes they do have 275hp and alot more than a wrx at the wheels...but from my experience ive seen a wrx keep with them from a roll...no way a stock wrx will take it though
    also that 13.6 is absolute bull...no way a stock 350z will run a 13.6...a stock srt-4 cant even run close to a 13.6 and forget about the g35 6spd...either that car wasnt stock, the numbers are wrong...or i am just talking out of my ass

^^^ stock 350z DID run 13.6

his name briguymax and he is quite a driver... he got awesome times in his maxima as well....

to answer the origional question.

from a stop you stand a good chance in a 0-80 run but in a 1/4 mile it will most likely starts to pull past you. with competent drivers they are high 13 sec cars with pretty good trap speeds. From a roll, dont expect to even hang close with a Z. the awesome torque curve of the vq35 engine gives it a real good pull and nissan has always made some pretty awesome 3rd gears that pull exceptionally hard.

from a roll you will need a few mods, but from a stop its worth a shot. but just remember, the faster you go, the more likely he will gain more distance, or make up for lost distance.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

someone get briguymax on this thread so he can post his times and sh!t that guy drives awesome

Originally posted by DTR maxima
    ^^^ stock 350z DID run 13.6

his name briguymax and he is quite a driver... he got awesome times in his maxima as well....

to answer the origional question.

from a stop you stand a good chance in a 0-80 run but in a 1/4 mile it will most likely starts to pull past you. with competent drivers they are high 13 sec cars with pretty good trap speeds. From a roll, dont expect to even hang close with a Z. the awesome torque curve of the vq35 engine gives it a real good pull and nissan has always made some pretty awesome 3rd gears that pull exceptionally hard.

from a roll you will need a few mods, but from a stop its worth a shot. but just remember, the faster you go, the more likely he will gain more distance, or make up for lost distance.
    ok i am telling you from first hand experience...i have hung with these from a role while stock...maybe they can pull it very hard after 80 but i am actually pretty certain that a wrx will pull as hard if not harder in 1st and second gear...i dont see any drag races starting from a role and until i have proof i will not believe it ran a 13.6...i was just reading some ppost about stock evo doing 12.6 and sti doing 12.4...i believe none of these but i am not an expert in the fields of 350zs i have just played with them in first hand accounts

i have had first hand expirience...stock 350z vs stock wrx off a roll...and its spelled ROLL...wrx will get murdered..you cant make up 8mph difference in trap speed..95 trap speed for rex..z's hitting 102-103 now...even with bad driver..maybe if his auto you hang 1st and 2nd gear..but he'll still pull on you..downpipe uppipe and mbc i keep up with my friends z off a roll and i'll race him highway soon..he'll probably beat me but who cares..also just think about the aerodynamics....z is much better off..you'll need more power than him to win off a roll cause his aerodynamics are better..off a launc with best z driver and best wrx driver Z would win also..welcome to reality

Originally posted by TunaWrap
    ok i am telling you from first hand experience...i have hung with these from a role while stock...maybe they can pull it very hard after 80 but i am actually pretty certain that a wrx will pull as hard if not harder in 1st and second gear...i dont see any drag races starting from a role and until i have proof i will not believe it ran a 13.6...i was just reading some ppost about stock evo doing 12.6 and sti doing 12.4...i believe none of these but i am not an expert in the fields of 350zs i have just played with them in first hand accounts
    briguymax is not the only 350z running into the 13's in stock form....there are several more, and if you actually took the time to research your thoughts you would know this as well.

a stock wrx WILL NOT hang with a 350z from a roll... even with AWD advantage, the 350z still has an edge, now to say that a rex can even HANG from a roll is blasphemy. the trap speeds are quite different with the Z running more than 5mph higher, not to mention the AWESOME pull of a 350z in 3rd gear. the vq35 engine is pretty damn torquey.

my friend has a rex with catback, intake and hoses, and he still gets handed his ass by stock Z's from a roll...
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Originally posted by DTR maxima
    my friend has a rex with catback, intake and hoses, and he still gets handed his ass by stock Z's from a roll...
    maybe if you did your own research youd find that those mods bring a grand total of 0 horsepower to the wrx...to me it seems that you do not own a wrx and are very scepticle of its abilities...you are making too much of a big deal about horsepower...from previous posts i see you have claimed that a stock gsr can hang with a wrx from a roll despite that fact that it is 50 hp less (227-174)...yes one is awd another is fwd but it does not account for THAT much of a difference...i have beaten a type R stock vs stock in the past although they are suppose to trap at the same speed as the wrx i still outroll it in 4th gear...i really have my doubts about a 350z running a 13.6 in the quarter...not even radials but bone stock?

oh and i have done my research my friend...this thread is on the same exact topic and comes to the conclusion that NO ONE HAS EVER RUN BELOW A 14 IN A 350Z STOCK
    http://forums.stangnet.com/showthread.php?t=462766

Closed Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.