STI VS 350 VS Lancer
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on STI VS 350 VS Lancer within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I was on my way home from the locate spot where all the cars guys hang out. I saw my ...

STI VS 350Z VS Lancer

I was on my way home from the locate spot where all the cars guys hang out. I saw my friend's gf 350z and some dude in a lancer on the hwy. I wasn't goin to run the lancer at first but when I got next to it the dude downshifted. So I downshifted and pulled on him pretty bad. I wish it was an evo. I haven't raced one yet. Than the 3 of us lined up. I knew that the 350z would keep up and it did. I only pulled slightly on the 350 from a 4th gear roll. Than we slowed down to do a 3rd gear roll. I still pulled a little on the 350z. When I was shifting into 5th the 350 started inchin up but when I got into 6th i started pulling. The 350z's front was at the end of my front door or the middle of my car. 350 are pretty quick on the hwy. I should start modding the STI. I probably will but it'll be a while. I also forgot the spray the intercooler and turn off the a/c. Oh well, it wouldn't hurt that much. But it was fun because the night sucked. Also it was fun racing the car for the first time.
    Last edited by kyongyun; 05-23-2004 at 06:16 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I would think the a/c WOULD make a difference, i've never raced with it on in this car but in my old honda having the a/c was the equivalent of running on 3 instead of 4 cylinders :-)
    Volvo S60 R (as of July 05)

Formerly ka: BlackWrx
    SOLD 7/05----04 Silver STI
    SOLD: 02 black sedan, Lots of mods

I know that toyotas have a switch that disengages the a/c clutch at wot. Not sure if subarus do. But I did search on all the boards and people had different opinions. However, when I do drive noramlly and the a/c kicks in I feel power loss. But thats under partial throttle.

The weather sucks in South Carolina. The heat and humidity give turbo cars a disadvantage.

I always wanted to see how a 350z did up top. I wouldn't mind having one and gettin the greddy twin 20g kit.

But it was really fun racing since I haven't really raced anyone in the STI. I can't wait to take it to the track. I better practice launching an awd.

pretty much the same result when I raced my buddy's 350z a while back... here is the thread:

STi vs. 350z from a roll...

-Matt
    Matt
    2004 STi SZ55'd w/ TiAL 44mm EWG
    Harman Motive ProTuned Accessport
    375whp/383wtq on pump 91
    400whp/400wtq on 95

Originally posted by kyongyun

The weather sucks in South Carolina. The heat and humidity give turbo cars a disadvantage.

Thats what i was thinking. The weather is good here in Washington State. Always plenty of cool air. I can definately feel a performance difference with the butt dyno when its 80 degrees out vice 40.

But anyways im moving to Florida in october. Cars not gonna be as fast as it is here in Washington. Oh well.....ill just be a beach bum chasing tail.
    02 PSM WRX Cobb Stage 2.5 - SOLD
    05 Stone White SRT4 (CC, 58% Maddog, Gutted DP) SOLD
    2002 Toyota 4runner SR5 4WD - SOLD
    04 BMW 325i
    08 Spark Silver STI - Stage 2 Protuned

nice run!

how fast did you go to... entering 6th and all?
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

I didn't pay attention I was concentrating on slowing down. I didn't stay in 6th every long. When I first got the car in Feb. it felt so much stronger. Its also goin to get hotter and more humid later in the summer.

I think its time for my bro to get the mr2 and line up with the sti. I hope the STI doesn't get beaten bad. Just have to wait and see.
    Last edited by kyongyun; 05-23-2004 at 03:11 PM.

WRX
    that's weird. I raced one from a roll and I pulled even with him when I was behind.

but then again, we proably started from a 30mph roll. (and yes he was trying)
    13.12@101mph
    248whp 204lb/ft torque
    mods

I Support ClubWRX
    I know what you're talking about with the heat and humidity! It feels like someone poured a bottle of "Lag & Less Pull" in my gas tank!
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

I didn't pay attention I was concentrating on slowing down. I didn't stay in 6th every long. When I first got the car in Feb. it felt so much stronger. Its also goin to get hotter and more humid later in the summer.

I think its time for my bro to get the mr2 and line up with the sti. I hope the STI doesn't get beaten bad. Just have to wait and see.
    lets get some info and pics on the mr-2 I LOVE THOSE CARS!!
    Just call me Clark Kent

.pictures of the m2

The mr2 has a 3rd gen jdm ct20b turbo, a ko racing downpipe, hks hiper exhaust, greddy intercooler, turbo xs dual stage boost controller, jdm 2nd gen ecu.

The dyno plots are really old and they were done during the summer on a really hot day. Since the 2nd dyno day I added the greddy intercooler and jdm ecu. Still got a couple more things to do on the mr2. I don't drive it anymore since I got the STI. Its pretty much my bro's car now.

.pictures of the m2

The mr2 has a 3rd gen jdm ct20b turbo, a ko racing downpipe, hks hiper exhaust, greddy intercooler, turbo xs dual stage boost controller, jdm 2nd gen ecu.

The dyno plots are really old and they were done during the summer on a really hot day. Since the 2nd dyno day I added the greddy intercooler and jdm ecu. Still got a couple more things to do on the mr2. I don't drive it anymore since I got the STI. Its pretty much my bro's car now.
    nice car... i have always had a passion for those. Just never wanted to spend the money to build up an older turbo car, seeing that i am so young and all.

hope you enjoy the sti
    Just call me Clark Kent

I Support ClubWRX
    VERY nice MR2. I had a '91 MR2T that I bought used and played around with for a while. I put a K&N intake on it, and I used to love the sound it would make when it spooled up! It was like a dentist's drill coming to life behind your head, as the car started to launch forward!
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Originally posted by Silver04Sti
    but in my old honda having the a/c was the equivalent of running on 3 instead of 4 cylinders :-)

Amen bro

A/C made my civic feel real sloppy.
    Platinum WRX Wagon Cobb Stage2
    TXS stealth back/UP with custom Magnaflow muffler
    whiteline adj rear sb, whiteline Antilift kit, whiteline rear strut brace, front strut brace, MRT lightened pulley
    No more AEM Cai ! , 3/16 mod, Grounding mod, Kartboy SS and bushing, Autometer 3 gauge pack and A-pillar

I don't know about the earlier scoobs but the 04's a/c cuts at WOT.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.