Ripped apart a porsche boxster
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Ripped apart a porsche boxster within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Waiting at this long light to go up a nice uphill grade..a boxster (not S) pulls next to me. Light ...

Ripped apart a porsche boxster

Waiting at this long light to go up a nice uphill grade..a boxster (not S) pulls next to me. Light turns green and I launch decently..not great on an uphill.

Anyways, I'm still ahead with my average launch in first.. and second and third just just leave him in the dust. I was at about 6 grand in third when I need to make my exit.

This is a 25mph recommended exit - I take it at 60 with no tire squealing (running 225/50/16 Yokohama AVS intermediate on stock rims )

I slow down after the turn and I hear the boxster tires squealing like crazy trying to make the turn...

He makes it through but then has to turn off....

Anyways...good times... (not my first race...but my first post about them)

~evan
    mods: uppipe, muffler hack, TurboXS HPBC

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Nice kill! Although not too fast, the Bosxter is a pretty car. The S would definitely be more of a challenge, but I know that you probably couldn't wipe that smile off for a while. (That guy was probably wondering what happened!)
    All those who believe in psychokinesis, raise my hand. - Steven Wright

Moderator, of the "Super" persuasion

Good run. Whats muffler hack btw? Never heard of that before.
    12.8@104 w/ 1.86 60'
    274awhp/270tq (dynojet)
    vf22/pinks/up/exhaust/pump/mbc/bov/ecutek

muffler hack

wrxed-yeah probably never knew what him 'em!
    And I have wrxed as my license plate!

bambooi-Basically I went to a muffler shop and had them hack off the muffler. then i had the shop weld a pipe (sadly crush bent) from the hack point to the end of the muffler. Then they put on a nice 30 dollar 3.5 inch tip. You could probably get pipe bent from the flange back (but it would cost more). Looks pretty bad ass and sounds unbelievable. Not loud at all! I'm serious...It's very quiet but as you progressively remove cats it gets louder and louder. One reason why it might not be so loud is that I still have the stock resonator on the exhaust. That keeps the frequencies down a lot. Whole mod cost me 70 bucks - 40 for piping and labor - 30 for tip

~evan

Thumbs up good kill

good kill! take easy on the corner man be self

Re: muffler hack

Originally posted by imprezence
    wrxed-yeah probably never knew what him 'em!
    And I have wrxed as my license plate!

bambooi-Basically I went to a muffler shop and had them hack off the muffler. then i had the shop weld a pipe (sadly crush bent) from the hack point to the end of the muffler. Then they put on a nice 30 dollar 3.5 inch tip. You could probably get pipe bent from the flange back (but it would cost more). Looks pretty bad ass and sounds unbelievable. Not loud at all! I'm serious...It's very quiet but as you progressively remove cats it gets louder and louder. One reason why it might not be so loud is that I still have the stock resonator on the exhaust. That keeps the frequencies down a lot. Whole mod cost me 70 bucks - 40 for piping and labor - 30 for tip

~evan
    That legal in CA?
    12.8@104 w/ 1.86 60'
    274awhp/270tq (dynojet)
    vf22/pinks/up/exhaust/pump/mbc/bov/ecutek

well i guess techically/legally not... because the muffler is not only for noise supression but also as a spark arrestor (if any sparks could make it through 3 cats. turbo, and resonator)

but it definitely below the 92db noise limit, looks stock, and the muffler has obviously no affect on emissions so...........

i've been pulled over and cops have never said anything

~evan

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.