WRX vs EVO?

This is a discussion on WRX vs EVO? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; How will i do against a stock EVO with my current mods Helix Uppipe/Downpipe, MBC set to 15.5 in 4th, ...

WRX vs EVO?

How will i do against a stock EVO with my current mods Helix Uppipe/Downpipe, MBC set to 15.5 in 4th, Forge 3" catback exhaust, GPMoto short ram intake. My friend has same set up and says he pulled half a car on a stock evo, but im not sure if its true or not
    2005 Electric Blue Mitsubishi Evolution VIII,
    2003 Rally Red Mitsubishi Evolution VIII
    Helix Catback
    Helix Downpipe
    Ultimate Racing test pipe
    Txs Mbc
    Greddy Type-s bov

www.myspace.com/evil_evo_viii
    www.mitsubishiunited.com
    2004 Subaru Wrx-Sold

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Depends on the driver of the Evo I gone neck and neck with one. I only have a downpipe, mbc, and cold air intake. If you can drive I think you could hang with him.

Bil
    Hang? Maybe. If you had a reflash (change boost towards 16.5, fuel-air mix), I think you could beat it. I also think that everything hinges around the driver. Bad driver+fast car=easy win.

Re: WRX vs EVO?

Originally posted by Miguel_04_WRX
    How will i do against a stock EVO with my current mods Helix Uppipe/Downpipe, MBC set to 15.5 in 4th, Forge 3" catback exhaust, GPMoto short ram intake. My friend has same set up and says he pulled half a car on a stock evo, but im not sure if its true or not
    With your setup, I think you can maybe hang with a stock EVO from 1st to 3rd gear. 4th and 5th gear is when the EVO will walk you. Also, anything more then 14.5psi of boost on stock ECU, and timming will get pulled.
    2003 Evolution 8
    Buschur Racing 3'' turboback exhaust with high flow cat
    Apexi SAFCII
    Turboxs HPmbc(19psi)
    Injen intake kit.
    HKS 264/272
    329+awhp/327+awtq.
    345awhp/344awtq "catless".

I have the TXS Stage 3 (leaking up pipe, psi set at 15 and no tuning whatsoever) and ran a supposedly stock EVO with a BOV this weekend...he got the break from me and beat me by a fender, literally...closest race ever...at one point I pulled on him hard but at the 4th gear shift its always over for me
    SIRacing.Net

Originally posted by yermom
    heh, fairlady

does not sound like a fast car, no wonder they changed the name for the US market

Miguel- you have a MBC, I dont
    I have a FMIC, you dont ...

I ran an evo last night on PCH, he had 4 people I had 2, and we ran in 2nd gear to about 6k in 3rd gear and I gained about 3-5 feet. Believe that
    and he atleast had an intake cause i heard the backspin of the turbo!

So you should be fine, your friend is about right!