2002 wrx vs 2004 accordV6 coupe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on 2002 wrx vs 2004 accordV6 coupe within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; who do u think would win? my wrx dosnt have any power mods except for an MRT intake. i do ...

2002 wrx vs 2004 accordV6 coupe

who do u think would win? my wrx dosnt have any power mods except for an MRT intake. i do have 225/50/ 16's, H&R coilover and Perrin swaybars + endlinks. i doubt those make difference for a race but yeah. who do u think would win?
    Last edited by palmerx141; 05-22-2004 at 04:55 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

he might pull on you a little from a roll
    2005 Electric Blue Mitsubishi Evolution VIII,
    2003 Rally Red Mitsubishi Evolution VIII
    Helix Catback
    Helix Downpipe
    Ultimate Racing test pipe
    Txs Mbc
    Greddy Type-s bov

www.myspace.com/evil_evo_viii
    www.mitsubishiunited.com
    2004 Subaru Wrx-Sold

from a light, not from a rolling start.

Talking

From a light he has no chance with a good launch!! I know it from experience
    2005 Electric Blue Mitsubishi Evolution VIII,
    2003 Rally Red Mitsubishi Evolution VIII
    Helix Catback
    Helix Downpipe
    Ultimate Racing test pipe
    Txs Mbc
    Greddy Type-s bov

www.myspace.com/evil_evo_viii
    www.mitsubishiunited.com
    2004 Subaru Wrx-Sold

Bil
    Not to hijack your topic, but how do you like the Perrin bars? Nice suspension mods by the way.

As you may or may not know... the intake might actually cause a loss in performance.

eh it was on the car when I bought and hey, it sounds cool ^-^
    as far as they sway bars, they rock!

Yeah those V6 accords are quick, if you don't get a good launch its gonna be a close race, but you should probably still come out ahead. You will just feel bad that you didn't beat them by more then 1 car length though. But I will give it to honda, they made one nice car.

My Mods

"The most important mod is the one behind the steering wheel" - Koyokid RIP

what rpm do you guys usually launch at?

Originally posted by palmerx141
    what rpm do you guys usually launch at?
    it depends how fast you wanna be off the line, and how much you are willing to beat on your car.

i advise to not drop the clutch. slipping it to the grap point and then letting off is the best method. A good rpm is usually about 4500, but if you feel you want to put a bit more stress on your car you can go to around 5500, but but just make sure you dont stepside the clutch from that high of rpm or your clutch wont last more than a few more weeks.

is the accord a 6speed or auto?
    from the line your car has the ABILITY to beat both (dont know how well you drive) but even from the line, expect both to be pretty close, and a 6speed to be RIGHT ON YOUR ASS... they are quick cars and now have more torque, so the torqueless fwd POS honda thing doesnt really apply here.

from a roll, auto will inch you out the faster you go, and i dont see you standing much of a chance against the 6speed from a high roll.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Yea, those new accord coupes are very nice. I wouldn't mind having one if I was a little older but I'm still in the 'racer' phase.
    My friend's ex-gf had one. Very roomy for a coupe, nice interior, and nice overall package.

If they're anything like the acura cl type-s than I'm sure you'll be toast at a high speed roll. I'd imagine a stage 2 would be able to take it from a roll... but I kinda doubt stock.

Yeah, 250hp vs. 227 = ~220whp (fwd loss isn't too much) vs. 168whp

Sorry, but having a 50whp difference on cars that weigh pretty much the same, I'd be suprised if you didn't get stomped from a roll. From a stop, it depends on how fast you want to go. Once he gets traction, he'll catch up quick.

J-H

Nooooooo

Originally posted by OffRoadWagon
    Yeah, 250hp vs. 227 = ~220whp (fwd loss isn't too much) vs. 168whp

Sorry, but having a 50whp difference on cars that weigh pretty much the same, I'd be suprised if you didn't get stomped from a roll. From a stop, it depends on how fast you want to go. Once he gets traction, he'll catch up quick.
    That's what I thought.
    I would NOT race one on the highway (Stock)

JH

Re: 2002 wrx vs 2004 accordV6 coupe

Originally posted by palmerx141
    who do u think would win? my wrx dosnt have any power mods except for an MRT intake. i do have 225/50/ 16's, H&R coilover and Perrin swaybars + endlinks. i doubt those make difference for a race but yeah. who do u think would win?
    Well, is it an auto V6 or a MT V6? There's a fairly significant difference in performance.

Assuming you are racing the MT V6, its going to be pretty close from a dig, edge definitely going to the WRX. IF you launch perfectly, I would think he wouldn't start gaining back lost ground until after the 1/8 mile.

If its from a roll..well, don't race him They are little beasts from a roll and they trap a few mph faster than you, so...
    2005 NBP Accord EX-V6 6MT
    AEM CAI, HFP aerokit, Comptech SS
    17" Enkei RS7s on YokoES100 tires

i raced my friend who has a 03 v6 accord coupe 6 speed, very short distance, and i raced him during break in about 400 miles....and i didnt know vaccuum lock technique, and held him off till around 50, when we had to stop. but he did say that he didnt launch past 3000 since he would get to much spin..
    2004 WR Blue WRX Auto with CBE.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.