360 vs. Supra
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 360 vs. Supra within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I was at this bar yesterday sitting across from a group of typical Asian street racer kids. I heard one ...

360 vs. Supra

I was at this bar yesterday sitting across from a group of typical Asian street racer kids.

I heard one say to some white dude sitting near them that he raced last night for 18K! One was like "wha'd ya race?" He's like a Ferrari 360 Modena dood!

The other one was like "in what"?

The kid was like... "My Supra DOOD!". Which the guy replied "pretty souped up"? "Oh yeah! Cold air Intake and TWIN TURBO DOOD!" 650 HP to the wheels man!

We was also out driftin', you know goin straight SIDEWAYS DOOD! It was WACK!

* Now I know Supra's can be modded easily. But judging by these kids personalitys and the riced out Civic he drove to the bar... I am calling BS.

This is in the middle of Detroit, where I doubt too many high dollar races go on nor many people own 360's around here. Had he won 18K the night before, I would think he would be at a much nicer bar not some ghetto hole in the wall.

I so wanted to call his bluff and ask to run him in my slightly modded WRX, knowing he didn't even have the Supra there... but I didn't.

I just wanted to vent, thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Where I live people always bull**** about racing. Got a bunch of rednecks and ricers who go around thinking they're the ****. But they always chicken out right before they race. But there are always goin to be people who bull****. Just ignore them. I do all the time.

Maybe it was 18,000 yen? LOL
    John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

ha ha ha... what's that like 50 cents American?

I believe about 177 dollars ;-).

Yo

It's a 101 Yen = $1.
    2004 STI White/Gold
    251whp & 263ft/lbs ( Stock ): 0-60 = 4.8 ( Fastest = 4.1 ) & 1/4 = ?
    276whp & 290ft/lbs ( DP ): 0-60 = 4.5 & 1/4 = 12.9 @ 105mph

I saw that race. It was crazy. The Supra was really fast and it beat the snot out of the Ferrari. Then it said GAME OVER really big on the screen.
    www.awdpirates.net

Originally posted by Rancid
    I saw that race. It was crazy. The Supra was really fast and it beat the snot out of the Ferrari. Then it said GAME OVER really big on the screen.
    rofl.
    '04 PSM STi - modded (sr50+the works)
    '05 JGM RSX Type-S - stock

Re: 360 vs. Supra

Originally posted by Flat2point0
    I was at this bar yesterday sitting across from a group of typical Asian street racer kids.

I heard one say to some white dude sitting near them that he raced last night for 18K! One was like "wha'd ya race?" He's like a Ferrari 360 Modena dood!

The other one was like "in what"?

The kid was like... "My Supra DOOD!". Which the guy replied "pretty souped up"? "Oh yeah! Cold air Intake and TWIN TURBO DOOD!" 650 HP to the wheels man!

We was also out driftin', you know goin straight SIDEWAYS DOOD! It was WACK!

* Now I know Supra's can be modded easily. But judging by these kids personalitys and the riced out Civic he drove to the bar... I am calling BS.

This is in the middle of Detroit, where I doubt too many high dollar races go on nor many people own 360's around here. Had he won 18K the night before, I would think he would be at a much nicer bar not some ghetto hole in the wall.

I so wanted to call his bluff and ask to run him in my slightly modded WRX, knowing he didn't even have the Supra there... but I didn't.

I just wanted to vent, thanks.

ehhhhh, that kinda stuff happens every second of the day... and its pretty bad where i live... not a big deal though
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

hehe, i got some guy at work also who drives a POS 00' auto neon that says it turbo, when it has stock everything on the car. except altezza tail lights an nos/msd stickers everywhere. he says the turbo is as big as your torso and sits on top of the motor? then he wont let anyone see it because the bay is dirty! and he cant remember the name of the company either. maybe we are talking ahbout the same guy.

What motivates people to lie about cars.....it seems more prevalient than alot of other things.

Kevin
    '04 STi Blue/Gold

XS500/UTEC/UR 785cc/MRT TMIC/3" Catless/AVO Turbo inlet/APS 70mm CAI/AVC-R/JIC FLT-A2/SSR Type-C

ECUTEK!!!!

349.3 WHP, Dyno Dynamics, 100 octane (torco)

~450 bhp

man if i HAD 18k just laying around...

I'm pretty sure you need a big single turbo to be putting out 650hp in a supra. not positive though.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.