Finally raced somone!

This is a discussion on Finally raced somone! within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; So I was leaving an autox, while going to the after event party I was just minding my buisness and ...

Finally raced somone!

So I was leaving an autox, while going to the after event party I was just minding my buisness and stop at a stop light. I was the first one in the right lane and noticed a miata behind me. When the light turned green I started pretty gently and noticed the miata was tryin to get frisky with my rear end and excelerated a lil bit to get him off off my ass. Another light comming up and I stop again, he pulles up next to me and I look over. It is a guy I autox with. He is one of our region's best, we call him FastMike. Anyway, I say "I didn't know it was you behind me." And he looks over and smiles and revvs the cute lil car. I said "what the hell, I'll give it a go." By that time the light was just about to change and I was rolling back a bit because we were on a slight hill. (nO0b dragracer )Light turned green and I give her all she had. Poor miata never had a chance. I gave up after 2nd gear. He said I was throught the intersection while he was about halfway through it. I could still smell the clutch while pulling in to the parking lot to the party. :lol:

Like you guys thought it would come out any differently.

p@

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Nice kill! OF course you got him off the line, but watch out in the twisties. Those Miata's handle like a dream!
    All those who believe in psychokinesis, raise my hand. - Steven Wright

Moderator, of the "Super" persuasion

yea in the twisties they are fast, i have a 92 miata with the 1.6L motor, around some corners i take everyday my miata smokes my stock wagon, i think it has alot to do with me not being completley comfortable in the wrx, i just cant get over the understeer. in twistie roads with some straits the wrx has enough juice to make up for the difference. as for fun the miata tops all cars i have drove. i really need to fix her. crashed in hydroplane so i bought a wrx, it sure hauls dogs better than the miata though. i am going to build a spec miata out of it.

Re: Finally raced somone!

Originally posted by Akiata
    So I was leaving an autox, while going to the after event party I was just minding my buisness and stop at a stop light. I was the first one in the right lane and noticed a miata behind me. When the light turned green I started pretty gently and noticed the miata was tryin to get frisky with my rear end and excelerated a lil bit to get him off off my ass. Another light comming up and I stop again, he pulles up next to me and I look over. It is a guy I autox with. He is one of our region's best, we call him FastMike. Anyway, I say "I didn't know it was you behind me." And he looks over and smiles and revvs the cute lil car. I said "what the hell, I'll give it a go." By that time the light was just about to change and I was rolling back a bit because we were on a slight hill. (nO0b dragracer )Light turned green and I give her all she had. Poor miata never had a chance. I gave up after 2nd gear. He said I was throught the intersection while he was about halfway through it. I could still smell the clutch while pulling in to the parking lot to the party. :lol:

Like you guys thought it would come out any differently.

p@
    Good run. Use the ebrake next time.
    12.8@104 w/ 1.86 60'
    274awhp/270tq (dynojet)
    vf22/pinks/up/exhaust/pump/mbc/bov/ecutek

I don't streetrace at all. I only did it because it was a friend. I would say that was about my 10th drag launch sence I have owned the car. (1st shipment)

And who ever said I was stock. Those miatas better watch out for me.

p@