All sti owners please read:
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on All sti owners please read: within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Now I have raced 3 sti's in my life. 1.STI: catback, downpipe, mbc= 2 cars by 120mph 2.STI: downpipe, wastgate ...

All sti owners please read:

Now I have raced 3 sti's in my life.

1.STI: catback, downpipe, mbc= 2 cars by 120mph
    2.STI: downpipe, wastgate spring ? = about 2 cars maybe less by same mph.
    3.Stock STI: 4 cars by 120 w/my stock intercooler

Heres my question. I placed some 100 octane in the car to see if it would boost performance. IT didnt so I was driving to get it all out last night. I put some good ole 93 in and tried to cypher all the 100 out. Late last night an STI wanted to run me. He looked all stock including his exhaust.

2 gear run: he pulls me and by 90 we are neck and neck w/me starting to pull but have to let off for traffic....Im now bewildered.

Now I want to run again in a clear area. He obliges.

1st gear run: I immediately pull but by 120mph he was at my back bumper which isn't that much of a kill. He claims it was totally stock....

IT might have been but Im not sure my car was running correctly also. It felt a little wierd but so be it. Im just wondering do you think he could have had. Can you use the utec w/out any supporting mods and what type of gains would he see ?

P.s: he was also a bit of a prik. "your lucky we dont race from a dig I would kill you..." end quote...I was like riiiiight....move on loser. Bad gas or not youve just been served...(sorry for the corny quote I just unfortunately saw that movie....)
    L.I.S.C #00 (Treasurer)
    02 Wrx...465whp and 472 whtq. 100 Octane
    387whp and 371 whtq. 93 Octane

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I would think that my hp and tq would really lay it into a stock or close to stock sti...Plus my car is lighter...
    L.I.S.C #00 (Treasurer)

He may be runnng the utec on his STi

I can tell you from experience my STi is much faster now that I have installed the utec. The difference is very noticeable. I can't wait for my next visit to the track or an unsuspecting victim on the street.

There are some guys running mid 12s @ 106 + with just utec on a basically stock STi.
    Just by the way my car pulls its definately faster than my
    Stage 4 WRX was.
    I expect 12.5 @ 109 mph my next trip to the track with the utec and turbo back exhaust

Well, I beat him but not by much. I wonder if he had the utec...You can run that w/out an exhaust obviously. Damn I wish I knew.
    L.I.S.C #00 (Treasurer)

I would also guess utec if anything. Either that or he was the best driver you've encountered thus far, but from a roll that isn't in the equation *as much*.

I've hardly seen any other STi's out on the road here, just a couple and neither wanted to play. Most WRX's I see also look very stock, there are hardly any that are as awesome as yours around here...either that or the owners never drive them
    2004 STi, Java Black Pearl
    www.cardomain.com/id/2004wrxsti

Best ET 4/24/04
    12.38@109

Unless you were in the wrong gear or you're car really was running crappy I doubt he was stock. 5th and 6th gear just aren't very quick in a stock STi. It's possible he had UTEC, but I do doubt that only because it's still about a month old, but hey you never know. If he did have UTEC that should be enough to edge you, but it's more probable he had minor mods like my car: downpipe, intake, header.
    I have a bit more mods than that, but that still should give him enough top-end to pull on your 5 geared rex and still maintain the stock cat-back and similar sound levels (especially if he had a high flow cat).
    More or less, it was probably the combination of factors including your crappy gas, gearing, and his mods. Unless you have some serious weight reduction I don't see how that could have been much of a factor.

Get some more mods and put a stomping on his "stock" STi.

i highly doubt he had a UTEC...its brand new, and not many people have it...esp ones outside forums.

the UTEC really only helps in the torque dept around 3-4k...and of course the consistency thing too...

...i bet he was just spraying his intercooler
    '04 PSM STi - modded (sr50+the works)
    '05 JGM RSX Type-S - stock

Real stupid question, was it a blue one with gold rims? were you in nassau county, say hempstead turn pike?

It was blue w/gold rims but it was on deer park which is right around there.

More mods dennis, Im almost maxxed out....18g is in my living room though..

Whats w/the question turbowill ? Do you know that one ?
    L.I.S.C #00 (Treasurer)

Well, from what I understand it's a easier to get a bad tank of 100 octane from a gas station, because it tends to sit a long while - water might get in, etc. Also, some kinds of race can make the car richer, slowing you down too.

Kevin
    '04 STi Blue/Gold

XS500/UTEC/UR 785cc/MRT TMIC/3" Catless/AVO Turbo inlet/APS 70mm CAI/AVC-R/JIC FLT-A2/SSR Type-C

ECUTEK!!!!

349.3 WHP, Dyno Dynamics, 100 octane (torco)

~450 bhp

Any info turbo will ?
    L.I.S.C #00 (Treasurer)

Originally posted by 13secwrx
    Any info turbo will ?
    My friend john has a blue sti wit gold rims. He's out on DPA alot. his car looks stock but it isn't. He won't let anyone know what he has done. I know it does low 12's.

I hope that was him...He had sort of an accent and dirty blondish hair. A stock sti catback however...
    L.I.S.C #00 (Treasurer)

I Support ClubWRX
    Good runs against the STi. I always say, anything is possible. Assuming from your sig that you are in low 13 sec 1/4? If so, a stock STi may be able to do what you stated. I ran 12.9 in my stock STi, so anything is possible.

Love to see WRX and STi go at it. Great fun can be had by all!!!!

tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

My sig was from my stage 2 days...Not now..I have beaten many cars that trap anywhere from 105-110 mph. All from roll's. I would hope that I would trap in the high 100's if not 111-112. I wont know until I go though.
    L.I.S.C #00 (Treasurer)

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.