GT laughs at Sleeper Rex
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on GT laughs at Sleeper Rex within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey Guys! I was driving along.. blah blah blah, and 2 mustangs fly by me. One cuts me off with ...

GT laughs at Sleeper Rex

Hey Guys!

I was driving along.. blah blah blah, and 2 mustangs fly by me. One cuts me off with loaded with chicks minus the driver in a GT Convert (new style). And from that point on I just wanted to see if I can make an arse out of him

So I rolled up on a 2 lane left turn. Shift it to N and rev hard to brake torque. They just looked over like WTF? at first. Then they just bust out laughing and so my wife and I laughed along with them. I was a pretty funny moment....

So he roars his V8. I must say it sounded really cool. It was like a pissed off bobcat. Anyways....

Light turns green and he gets the jump in the inner lane. That punk lost control in the turn and he ended up in MY lane going through the intersection!

I let off to aviod the pissed off bobcat and proceed to change to the inner lane to catch up with him. I wasn't able to beat him from the jump and momentum that he already had on me, but I was able to slowly inch up to him by the time he shuts down. I saw the look on one of the chicks in the back thinking... wtf? that wagon is closing on us!!

Oh well, maybe next time....
    07 RDX

04 STI: SOLD
    02 4eat Cobb Stg 2 WRX Wagon: Wife's

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Did you floor it threw the turn and not let off any?
    02 PSM WRX Cobb Stage 2.5 - SOLD
    05 Stone White SRT4 (CC, 58% Maddog, Gutted DP) SOLD
    2002 Toyota 4runner SR5 4WD - SOLD
    04 BMW 325i
    08 Spark Silver STI - Stage 2 Protuned

Originally posted by skyjock41
    Did you floor it threw the turn and not let off any?
    Had to let off. It was too much of a risk trying to squeeze into my lane and block him from drifting into mine. He had a good 3 car lengths on me out of the turn before I was able to build boost again.

SBW
    the last time a mustang driver laughed at me with him and his buddy, I offered to race, they said only for pinks, I agree'd and suddenly they weren't laughing anymore.

Needless to say they wouldn't even put money on it when they saw I was serious as cancer.

They lost real bad, and said it was "easy to win when you got twin turbo"

Its ignorant driver's , I don't hold it against the car.

I Support ClubWRX
    Guy in a mustang laughed at me once.... then I laid the smaketh down on his candy a$$ and he stfu.
    '03 WRX
    '01 2.5RS
    MODS | PICS | Dyno
    "Stuff sold by the gram is always going to be more exciting than stuff sold by the pound." - Jeremy Clarkson

you guys are lucky... i never get races anymore... i guess it's the loud whistle coming from under the hood... well nice kill.
    2001 Mustang Cobra
    Vortech @9psi
    13* Timing and 11.5AFR
    Tuned by ME

Originally posted by mike01svt
    you guys are lucky... i never get races anymore... i guess it's the loud whistle coming from under the hood... well nice kill.
    What kind of numbers are you putting down with the blower? Also, have you gotten a chance to take it to the track yet? I've got a friend who just picked up a 2001 Cobra on a great deal and I'm trying to convince him to put a Procharger on it.

Just curious to what kind of numbers you get with the Vortech
    2004 STi, Java Black Pearl
    www.cardomain.com/id/2004wrxsti

Best ET 4/24/04
    12.38@109

Originally posted by 2004JadeSTi
    What kind of numbers are you putting down with the blower? Also, have you gotten a chance to take it to the track yet? I've got a friend who just picked up a 2001 Cobra on a great deal and I'm trying to convince him to put a Procharger on it.

Just curious to what kind of numbers you get with the Vortech
    No track yet... ran a 13.5 @104 stock... and my bud ran a 13.2 in his 99 stock. Well i should say with drag radials. I am only running about 10psi so average numbers with my setup range from 440-470rwhp to 350-400rwtq. I will find out on the 31st of this month when i get a better tune. I am running a off-the-shelf tune right now which is VERY VERY rich and TOO safe. So i am hoping to hit the higer numbers and and 11.6-12.0 traction permitting with a trap of about 120. I am very very close to sealevel.

prochargers are good, but i KNOW they had leaking seal problems about 1 yr ago and are selfcontained units... i like to change my engine oil and blower oil in one sitting.
    2001 Mustang Cobra
    Vortech @9psi
    13* Timing and 11.5AFR
    Tuned by ME

I Support ClubWRX
    Sounds like you have your car well sorted. I've been wanting to run into a blown stang and never find any....
    '03 WRX
    '01 2.5RS
    MODS | PICS | Dyno
    "Stuff sold by the gram is always going to be more exciting than stuff sold by the pound." - Jeremy Clarkson

Originally posted by MidKnight
    Sounds like you have your car well sorted. I've been wanting to run into a blown stang and never find any....
    yeah.. but i have had my share of problems... there is like 1 or two blown stangs where I live... and like 4 cobras where I live... not much competition down here. You will likely kill a blown stang if you run from a dig. I just saw your rwhp!!!! DAMN
    2001 Mustang Cobra
    Vortech @9psi
    13* Timing and 11.5AFR
    Tuned by ME

I Support ClubWRX
    yeah.. but i have had my share of problems... there is like 1 or two blown stangs where I live... and like 4 cobras where I live... not much competition down here. You will likely kill a blown stang if you run from a dig. I just saw your rwhp!!!! DAMN
    I would probably if I weren't afraid that my trans was gonna explode! I have to baby the launches...
    '03 WRX
    '01 2.5RS
    MODS | PICS | Dyno

Originally posted by MidKnight
    I've been wanting to run into a blown stang and never find any....
    With just the blower, my GT was putting down 360 at the wheels and ran 12.40's at 113-114mph with drag radials. Now with the FMIC, fuel delivery upgrades, 4 psi more boost and a custom tune, I'm at 455 rwhp and running 11.60's @120+ with a bad launch.

You might have a chance though -I've seen blown GTs at my power level running 12.80's, because of wheel spin/bad tires and bad suspension set-ups (being lowered, etc.).
    -09 Impreza 2.5GT 13.72/ 99.4/1.926
    -99 Mustang 10.64/136.41.57
    -08 R32 (bone stock)

I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by TonyG
    You might have a chance though -I've seen blown GTs at my power level running 12.80's, because of wheel spin/bad tires and bad suspension set-ups (being lowered, etc.).
    I'm going to the track tonite so we shall see, but I should be able to click off a low 12sec pass.
    '03 WRX
    '01 2.5RS
    MODS | PICS | Dyno

Originally posted by TonyG
    With just the blower, my GT was putting down 360 at the wheels and ran 12.40's at 113-114mph with drag radials. Now with the FMIC, fuel delivery upgrades, 4 psi more boost and a custom tune, I'm at 455 rwhp and running 11.60's @120+ with a bad launch.

Wow, if your gt is running that time with a bad launch... and less power I had better get a mid 11... but i have IRS
    2001 Mustang Cobra
    Vortech @9psi
    13* Timing and 11.5AFR
    Tuned by ME

Wow, if your gt is running that time with a bad launch... and less power I had better get a mid 11... but i have IRS
    Well, I consider high-1.7's-1.8's a bad launch, considering my power level. Keep in mind though that I'm making 423 rwtq, and my GT's "race weight" is only 3200lbs. My 1/8th mile trap is 96mph.

I don't want to hijack Asian's thread...PM me if you wanna talk some more.
    -09 Impreza 2.5GT 13.72/ 99.4/1.926
    -99 Mustang 10.64/136.41.57
    -08 R32 (bone stock)

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.