2004 srt4(some mods) vs Turbo RSX Type S
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on 2004 srt4(some mods) vs Turbo RSX Type S within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; 2002 Acura Rsx type s mods: cybernation stage 1 turbo pushing 289whp/209tq restrictive magnaflow catback exhaust stock clutch with 34k ...

2004 srt4(some mods) vs Turbo RSX Type S

2002 Acura Rsx type s
    mods:
    cybernation stage 1 turbo pushing 289whp/209tq
    restrictive magnaflow catback exhaust
    stock clutch with 34k miles on it( so dont do races from a dig yet)

mods to 2004 srt 4

ebc(greddy profec spec II)...spike 16-17-18lbs holds 15-14
    2 1/4 piping(sotck stats but shorter and non restrictive) he cut off the piping about midway through car.

anyway we did a couple races from a roll to about 100 mph

first race from 40mph roll

at about 60 i start pulling and keep pulling by 100mph im ahead by a car and half and still pulling hard

2nd race from 20 roll

i spin tires a bit shifting from 1st to 2nd so he picks up about a half a car and holds that lead til about the end of my 3rd(80mph)
    by about 100mph were about even he might of had a nose on me but by this speed im pulling on him

those damn 2004 srt4s sure are torquie!!!!!

im pretty sure that if we went to 130 or so i would of won from any roll

from a stop thatsa different story, depending on how good a launch he could get i may lose. i dont have lsd and he does and my clutch is stock

nice races

i know its not a WRX but i thought some might find it entertaining

unfortunately no video he said he would record but i guess his battery died or something

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Nice races. There is a RSX type S turbo around here that is deadly from rolls, but seems like they have problems with the clutches as he blows his on a monthly basis. SRT-4s are quick little cars. I would own one if finances allowed it.
    This car is making a poor man even poorer.

nice runs!

What kind of turbo does the Cybernation kit come with?
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

turbo it comes with is a t3/t4

small turbo, i got it cause really i have traction problems as is so any more power wouldnt really help much , from a stop anyhow

i got the smaller turbo so it spools faster and it can still run on internals

im happy with it.

Sweet

Good runs, I just wish I could of talked to the guy I ran with an RSX-S Turbo to find out what he had. Would of been cool if u were in Cali, I would have challenged you. Sweet car by the way.
    Stg. 0
    -380hp & 437lbs-
    No NOS

Originally posted by Jsimon9633
    turbo it comes with is a t3/t4

small turbo, i got it cause really i have traction problems as is so any more power wouldnt really help much , from a stop anyhow

i got the smaller turbo so it spools faster and it can still run on internals

im happy with it.
    Well, it might be small, but you certainly can't argue with the numbers is produces to wheels!
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

t3/t4 is not very specific, there is a big available range of trim sizes.
    I have yet to see a turbo'd RSX-S in this area, and I would have thought by now I would have atleast seen a couple.
    e46 M3 (new toy)
    02 wrx w/257 swap (now sold)
    IS 300 5spd w/ NAV (hers)

its kinda expensive to get turbo, thats probably why you havent seen too many of them.

and another reason maybe that traction is hard to come by when you have a turbo so that leads to othere expenses such as an lsd and really expensive tires

The guy around here with the RSX type S turbo must have a larger turbo. He put down 311 WHP on stock internals.
    This car is making a poor man even poorer.

Damn dude, how many different forums do you cut and paste your kill stories onto?
    2005 NBP Accord EX-V6 6MT
    AEM CAI, HFP aerokit, Comptech SS
    17" Enkei RS7s on YokoES100 tires

2 here and clubrsx

i could get 311 on internals but i have a restrictive exhaust and my clutch has 34k miles on it so cant hold the power

you need a camerman
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

jsimon how much psi was that on?
    turbo ej2
    awd=all winning drivers or auntie wendy die

8 psi

good kill on the srt. it's nice to see diff fast cars and not more rice. i'm alil worried about the mods a ebc that runs stock levels of boost? my stock 04 would do a 16 spike and hold 14 all on it's on. also to say less restrictive exhaust is off too as the only restrictive spot is the o2 housing and down pipe the rest is strait through resonators and no mufflers. so to dump the exhaust out by the bottom of the cat is just weight reduction. meh. more powa to ya brother. just don't let your head get to big.
    RayfieldsWRX - "You like the feel of torque steer? Interesting"
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -02 WRX 13.8@96 stock SOLD
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 STi 13.3@102 stock. SOLD
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.