MY04 WRX vs. G35 Coupe

This is a discussion on MY04 WRX vs. G35 Coupe within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Happened last night. I was taking the back highway down to my parents house around 10:30 pm becasue I had ...

MY04 WRX vs. G35 Coupe

Happened last night. I was taking the back highway down to my parents house around 10:30 pm becasue I had to walk their dogs b/c they went away. As I am going to the road that leads to it theres a G35 coupe running pulled off to the side. As he sees' me approaching he hops out in front of me and hits it. This road leads to the highway so I let him go. When we get to the road , it's basically a 3 mile striaght thru some swamps. Any way, I get up next to him doing about 40, and I see him hit it so I abliged and I pulled on him easy...got several cars...notice red light so I let off. As we approach he light I go really slow hoping he'd come next to me but he jumps behind instead. So we stop at the light and he's still behind me. Light goes green, I punch it a little..then I hear him squeeling so I jump on it, I immediatly start to pull. I think I must have had 4 cars @ around 85-90 when I let off.
    When he catches up he proceeds to cut thru traffic to squeeze in front of me and takes off....as I resume normal cruising speeds...

Cliffnotes: Raced G35 coupe...ate it from roll and dig..got the ricer fly-by in the end...
    VF 39 STAGE IV UTEC, STI V.7 TMIC- GONE
    2006 LGT-soon to be upgraded

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Nice run. What kind of power are you putting down? Racing through the swamps... don't see too many swamps here in CA

Don't remember seeing that many swamps in North Jerz either....but good kill
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

I guess it really more of a marshland area..out by the border of my town and secaucus...road known as westside....very dead very strait, only factories and two lights...couldn't be more perfect. I'm putting down right about 250 whp, and 250 wtq...that's @ less than 1.1 bar and I still have a v.7 downpipe which is stock diameter and has a stock cat...just ordered the JDM spec Helix bellmouth, catless..after that goes on gonna turn up the boost a little and retune..hopefully be around 275 @ that time. Great thing about the VF39, is the torque peak is right around 3700 rpm....and it totally plateaus...

Lonnie
    VF 39 STAGE IV UTEC, STI V.7 TMIC- GONE
    2006 LGT-soon to be upgraded

nice run.... the G35 is sweeeeeeeeeeet
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Nice kill. Too bad the G35 guy didn't have enough balls to accept his ass whippin with respect.
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red[

my homie has a g35 and he was bragging that he has the fastest car because he has 276 hp (sumhting like that). then one day he really wanted to race me, so we raced. i smoked him so bad (about 5 or 6 cars lenghts) then he told me "your car is fast! but ill smoke you on the freeway" i have the video of the race. ill see if i can post it.

Hahah. Thats great. Ive destroyed a black one. Looks like he just got it too.

Hey now guys, stop picking on the G35 Keep in mind that most of you guys who say they beat a G35 are decently modded. while the G35 is probably bone stock.
    I've been doing some research and slapping on a supercharger or twin turbo kit will shoot the whp of the G35 from 230whp to 340whp. So im just saying watch out because there are more and more forced induction G35's being built and they can't be taken lightly
    '03 PSM WRX Stg 4 <---SOLD
    '04 G35 coupe<-----MY NEW CAR

Originally posted by fastwrx135
    Hey now guys, stop picking on the G35 Keep in mind that most of you guys who say they beat a G35 are decently modded. while the G35 is probably bone stock.
    I've been doing some research and slapping on a supercharger or twin turbo kit will shoot the whp of the G35 from 230whp to 340whp. So im just saying watch out because there are more and more forced induction G35's being built and they can't be taken lightly
    +1

and the 6speed coupe is not slow in stock form either... low 14sec car, with tons of luxery and killer looks.

throw on an exhaust, and other little stuff and you can be seeing mid to high 13's.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Good kill Lonnie. Modded or not.. a kill is a kill, right?