My WRX vs. Mitsu Starion (built motor, stand alone, big T3/T4)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on My WRX vs. Mitsu Starion (built motor, stand alone, big T3/T4) within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Went from a 15 mph punch on his request. Not exactly my favorite spot, but it works. First time we ...

My WRX vs. Mitsu Starion (built motor, stand alone, big T3/T4)

Went from a 15 mph punch on his request. Not exactly my favorite spot, but it works. First time we went at it I took him by about 2 cars all the way to 120 mph. Raced 5 other times and took him by about 1.5 cars each time except the one time he jumped the honk (he was honking and went on 2) he took me by about a half car.

Come to find out he put down 340 WHP and 400 Ft. lbs of torque on his old set up and he just did a bigger turbo and more boost.

I love my WRX.
    This car is making a poor man even poorer.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I've never heard of a Starion before...but cool!

At least you weren't bouncing off the rev limiter on this one
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

ohhh you young kids.

The Starion will waste you, unless it's heads crack first.

I Support ClubWRX
    I thought they all came from the factory with a cracked head, bad turbo seals, and bent rims

OG DSM.

Too bad about the heads though.

This guys car was definitely not the ordinary Starion. Cleanest I have ever seen, and ran hard. Luckily my car ran a little bit harder.

BTW I was totally unfamiliar with his car before I ran it. Very pleasant surprise how his car ran. He also ran a friend of mine in a bone stock STi and wasted him by about 5-6 cars.

Originally posted by madmmt
    ohhh you young kids.
    I feel really old right about now.

Here is a Starion

Last edited by EIonJess; 05-20-2004 at 08:23 PM.

Mitsubishi Starion and Crysler Conquest > Eclipse and Talon
    --Chris
    2011 DGM WRX hatch - Kartboy SS

04 WRX wagon - 304whp Mods - SOLD
    LISC #3
    www.longislandsubaruclub.com

Thats what his looked like except his was white.

Originally posted by EIonJess
    I feel really old right about now.

Here is a Starion

i had a conquest tsi at one time ,i loved that car got it brand new at the time.by the time i was done with that car i was doing qrt miles in low 12's with air conditioning. engine block was worked ,removed silent shaft system, crank rebalance,forged pistons total seal rings the cylinder head was worked with new camshaft, got rid of the factory fuel injection system and put in a custom intake multipoint fuel injection system with stand alone computer. t3 t4 turbonetic turbo and alot of other things at the time ,the car was a monster.

Originally posted by tekfoc
    i had a conquest tsi at one time ,i loved that car got it brand new at the time.by the time i was done with that car i was doing qrt miles in low 12's with air conditioning. engine block was worked ,removed silent shaft system, crank rebalance,forged pistons total seal rings the cylinder head was worked with new camshaft, got rid of the factory fuel injection system and put in a custom intake multipoint fuel injection system with stand alone computer. t3 t4 turbonetic turbo and alot of other things at the time ,the car was a monster.
    Sounds about like the guy's set up that I raced. Definitely a different car.

sorry but this setup that i had was wayyyyyyyyyyyy before fast and the furious came out and all you seen back then were 5.0 grand nationals -conquest-supras-mustang svo turbo-merkur turbo-turbo charged pontiac transams same engine as the gn.I got rid of my conquest tsi in 1996.im old school ,us guys are ones who started the turbo craze in the 80's.did 95% all the work my self the other 5% was the machine shop.dont forget guys the turbo in a wrx is a mitsubishi turbo and very related to the stock conquest-starion turbo.heres something most subi owners dont know mitsubishi is the one that puts and builds subaru engines for subaru.so never underestamate mitsubishi cars.mitsubishi cars in the 80's were much better built then. in my opinion.
    Last edited by tekfoc; 05-25-2004 at 05:47 PM.

I agree with you there.

Originally posted by madmmt
    ohhh you young kids.
    dang, beat me to it
    hehe
    k&n, sti-hoodscoop, engine mounts, & tranny mount, blitz dtt, catless up-pipe, samco ic hose, greddy CC, cusco f/r swaybars, gutted midpipe, oil cooler, prodrive exhaust & f/r replica sti strut tower bar, gunmetal rota tarmac, goodridge ss lines, p'n'p exhaust manifold

deny the fly-by

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.