STi vs maxima
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on STi vs maxima within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; i was fine tuning my UTEC yesterday, so i pulled out of a parking lot where i was making some ...

STi vs maxima

i was fine tuning my UTEC yesterday, so i pulled out of a parking lot where i was making some changes. this 02 or 03 maxima GLE drives in front of me and floors his car while looking directly at me. now he was going south and i wanted to go north, but i said what the heck- this guy probably thinks his max is hot ish (i had one back in the day and i thought the same thing), so im going to go put this guy in his place.

so i follow him down this one road with stop signs and a school...and there are kids playing in the school lot and he is chriping his tires through every stop sign. i thought this was the stupidest thing ive ever seen, so i tried keeping up while remaining safe. so eventually, this street has a long straight. he peels out (as much as a max can) and hes off. im behind him at the stop sign, so i roll off the clutch and then by the time i go to 4th, im right behind him. we both make a left onto a busier street and i fly past him. he gets behind me (since im thinking im just going to go off and head home now) and waits. then he proceeds to drive across 2 lanes and make a turn in the completely opposite direction.

lol. ridiculous.
    '04 PSM STi - modded (sr50+the works)
    '05 JGM RSX Type-S - stock

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    what an asshat.
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red[

wow, that is teh ghey.

i wonder if he knew what he was racing....
    and it was a GLE, which means it wasnt even a 6speed.

atleast you made him feel dumb
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

With a STI, you can have his a$$ handed to him.

I raced a 03 maxima on my stage 2 wrx.. This dude was insane. He was cutting people off, weaving through traffic and almost killed me. Even on a stage 2, strangely enough I started to pull away, at WOT, on 5th gear. As you might have guessed it by 140 mph, I had 10 bus lengths on him. I slowed down to get a ricer flyby.
    Platinum WRX Wagon Cobb Stage2
    TXS stealth back/UP with custom Magnaflow muffler
    whiteline adj rear sb, whiteline Antilift kit, whiteline rear strut brace, front strut brace, MRT lightened pulley
    No more AEM Cai ! , 3/16 mod, Grounding mod, Kartboy SS and bushing, Autometer 3 gauge pack and A-pillar

ironically, I owned a maxima before I bought my 02 wrx and before my sti......the car was a nice sporty family sedan that offered decent acceleration for the type of car it was but come on.......it can in NO way hang with a stage 2 car (which my wrx used to be before I sold it) and in its best day could never imagine hanging with an sti....would not happen........you should have spanked him hard and ended it before he turned back just so he would know that he had no prayer.....a stock wrx wagon could take a maxima......maxima's are good at taking accords/camrys/impala's and such, its a different breed of car. Some of these guys never pay attention to reality.
    Volvo S60 R (as of July 05)

Formerly ka: BlackWrx
    SOLD 7/05----04 Silver STI
    SOLD: 02 black sedan, Lots of mods

Originally posted by Silver04Sti
    ironically, I owned a maxima before I bought my 02 wrx and before my sti......the car was a nice sporty family sedan that offered decent acceleration for the type of car it was but come on.......it can in NO way hang with a stage 2 car (which my wrx used to be before I sold it) and in its best day could never imagine hanging with an sti....would not happen........you should have spanked him hard and ended it before he turned back just so he would know that he had no prayer.....a stock wrx wagon could take a maxima......maxima's are good at taking accords/camrys/impala's and such, its a different breed of car. Some of these guys never pay attention to reality.
    well, the 02/03 6speed and even auto are well out of the camary impala league... auto is a high 14sec to low 15 sec car and 6speed is a mid 14sec car. but still, not match for an STI or stageII rex.

i like my maxima.... great all around car... 4 door luxery and refinement with decent sport and darn good power
    Just call me Clark Kent

we used to have an older max. i thought it was the shiz at the time. it was pretty quick for what its worth, but definately not in the same league as my car....esp now.

what bothered me the most was his "display of skillz" by speeding in school zones. i speed 90% of the time, but there are just some things that even i think are stupid. thats one of them. oh well.
    '04 PSM STi - modded (sr50+the works)
    '05 JGM RSX Type-S - stock

Originally posted by DTR maxima
    well, the 02/03 6speed and even auto are well out of the camary impala league... auto is a high 14sec to low 15 sec car and 6speed is a mid 14sec car. but still, not match for an STI or stageII rex.

i like my maxima.... great all around car... 4 door luxery and refinement with decent sport and darn good power
    hey, didn't mean to insult it by categorizing it as a car that can only hang with camry's, I just know when I had mine those were the types of morons that would try to run me. I would take them pretty hard, the impala put up alittle bit of a fight now and then but most runs were with people like that. Vettes and cars like that were not out trying to run me is my point.
    I'm not knocking maxima's (as I owned one), i'm just saying that as a previous owner I can recognize that they are NOT the same league performance wise as my sti. Hell, I even ran nitto's on my maxima and I must say that my sti would destroy that car in any road race.
    Volvo S60 R (as of July 05)

Formerly ka: BlackWrx
    SOLD 7/05----04 Silver STI
    SOLD: 02 black sedan, Lots of mods

gg nextmap

Originally posted by Silver04Sti
    hey, didn't mean to insult it by categorizing it as a car that can only hang with camry's, I just know when I had mine those were the types of morons that would try to run me. I would take them pretty hard, the impala put up alittle bit of a fight now and then but most runs were with people like that. Vettes and cars like that were not out trying to run me is my point.
    I'm not knocking maxima's (as I owned one), i'm just saying that as a previous owner I can recognize that they are NOT the same league performance wise as my sti. Hell, I even ran nitto's on my maxima and I must say that my sti would destroy that car in any road race.
    yeah, i feel you... that was one of the main reasons I sold my maxima.. its a great all around car, (in 5/6 speed) but the sport was there. it was a powerful car and did better than any sport/luxery sedan in its price catagory, but for me, at 18 y/o i wanted something that handled better and was more fun to drive on a daily basis
    Just call me Clark Kent

Originally posted by happasaiyan
    . i speed 90% of the time
    At least ONE of us admits it
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.