Why so much hype about the SRT-4?? - Page 5
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on Why so much hype about the SRT-4?? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by Rice Boi I don't know if this is true, but the props should not go to Dodge ...

Originally posted by Rice Boi
    I don't know if this is true, but the props should not go to Dodge for the SRT-4 powerplant. I've been told from several sorces that the motor was the orginal prototype Mini cooper S motor. But they decided to cut it just before production and went with the 1.6 it now has. Just wanted to throw this out there. So all the props for reaserch and development should go to BMW (Mini devision)

Please don't flame if i'm incorrect, this is just what I have been told from some people I know who works behind the scens of BMW.
    The motor came out of the Dodge Stratus R/T 4-cyl that's been out for 10 years in the Mexican Market. If the Mini Cooper S was out before then (I don't know shiet about them) then maybe.

Besides, a 2.4L in a small car like that would be worse than an H22a in a CRX. Lol. Talk about handling!
    Slow Neon.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

The MIni's 1.8 SC was co-developed by DCX and BMW. It was not the basis of the SRT's engine. BMW wanted some F/I help from DCX, who's been building F/I engines forever.

I still think it's funny that people think the srt can't hang in a turn. The One lap cars, and the 2wheel catagory rally srt's have shown the srt capable of killing it's class. I'm not saying the SRT will beat an STi in a turn. Hell, most srt's won't beat an STi in a straight line, from a dig or from a roll. But the STi costs 10K more. 10K!!! That's 50% of the total price of the SRT. The fact that STi owners even bother to compare their cars to Neon's is ironic. You don't see srt's compaired to Kia's.
    2003 Dodge SRT-4 Black
    221 whp/ 241 wtrq *Stock*
    13.585 @ 102.88 *Stage 1*

"Nothing gives you such a sense of the infinite as stupidity"

Originally posted by ebbtide
    The MIni's 1.8 SC was co-developed by DCX and BMW. It was not the basis of the SRT's engine. BMW wanted some F/I help from DCX, who's been building F/I engines forever.

I still think it's funny that people think the srt can't hang in a turn. The One lap cars, and the 2wheel catagory rally srt's have shown the srt capable of killing it's class. I'm not saying the SRT will beat an STi in a turn. Hell, most srt's won't beat an STi in a straight line, from a dig or from a roll. But the STi costs 10K more. 10K!!! That's 50% of the total price of the SRT. The fact that STi owners even bother to compare their cars to Neon's is ironic. You don't see srt's compaired to Kia's.

:werd:
    RayfieldsWRX - "You like the feel of torque steer? Interesting"
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -02 WRX 13.8@96 stock SOLD
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 STi 13.3@102 stock. SOLD
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

Someone may want to consider going back to school:

"Tho"
    "Realli" *
    "Of cuz"
    "And dun think"

*used in two seperate posts

There really should be a required test for one to post on the internet these days.
    '03 WRX
    '03 SV650

Originally posted by merlot
    Someone may want to consider going back to school:

"Tho"
    "Realli" *
    "Of cuz"
    "And dun think"

*used in two seperate posts

There really should be a required test for one to post on the internet these days.
    Uh oh, grammar police on that ass!
    2005 NBP Accord EX-V6 6MT
    AEM CAI, HFP aerokit, Comptech SS
    17" Enkei RS7s on YokoES100 tires

str
    I know the SRT-4 is fast but guys, it's still a Neon. Never did like the look, interior or exterior. Still don't.
    2004 Black Forester XT

I finally got in one yesterday and boy was I disappointed with the interior. Yes, it's fast, I'll give it that much... but I got to see first hand where they saved all that money. The placement of the stereo and everything else underneath it was just terrible... verything being set back further and further and you go down. The 6 CD changer at the bottom (upgraded sound system) was barely within reach when I was leaning towards it! Also hated the shift knob and the cheap stuff around the stem.

Dont want to completely knock the car, performance wise it's very good... but the interior certainly leaves something to be desired.

I know I might get flammed for this, but I've gotta say it.

How can WRX owners cut on the SRT-4 interior? You guys aren't exactly driving BMW's here.

I think its weak when RSX owners knock the WRX for its cheap looking interior too...I mean, let's be real, you guys didn't buy the WRX because of the interior, did you?

are u trying to knock my wrx interior its not that its cheap its just uhh....whats a good excuse.. cost efficient yes its cost efficient
    2002 WRB 4EAT WRX
    TXS turboback exhaust, Eibach springs, grounding mod, Perrin Short ram

Originally posted by str
    I know the SRT-4 is fast but guys, it's still a Neon. Never did like the look, interior or exterior. Still don't.
    That's your opinion and you're entitled to it. I was thinking the same about the Forester. It's just an overweight subaru suv wannabe that happens to be fast.

See my point...
    2002 WRX 352whp & 341ft-lbs *SOLD*
    12.5@109
    2004 SRT4 449whp & 457ft-lbs
    11.6@125

Originally posted by FASICZKA
    are u trying to knock my wrx interior its not that its cheap its just uhh....whats a good excuse.. cost efficient yes its cost efficient
    Lol..no, I'm knocking ALL of our interiors. I didn't buy my car because of the interior..and I can't imagine that any of you did.

Registered User Death To Ricers's Avatar
    I may sound like a noob but. . . . . . . I think the WRX interior is ''cool''. (I have a 04, I have never seen the interior of a 02 or 03).
    2006 WRX
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    You could vote to fix me a sammich.

Originally posted by Death To Ricers
    I may sound like a noob but. . . . . . . I think the WRX interior is ''cool''. (I have a 04, I have never seen the interior of a 02 or 03).
    Yeah. I feel the same way. I didnt buy the WRX for its interior. However I dont think the wrx interior is bad at all. My only complain is the cup holder. Other than that I think its pretty cool too.
    Platinum WRX Wagon Cobb Stage2
    TXS stealth back/UP with custom Magnaflow muffler
    whiteline adj rear sb, whiteline Antilift kit, whiteline rear strut brace, front strut brace, MRT lightened pulley
    No more AEM Cai ! , 3/16 mod, Grounding mod, Kartboy SS and bushing, Autometer 3 gauge pack and A-pillar

Originally posted by flyingace
    [B]Yeah. I feel the same way. I didnt buy the WRX for its interior. However I dont think the wrx interior is bad at all. My only complain is the cup holder. Other than that I think its pretty cool too.
    I like the WRX interior as well..that wasn't my point.

I would guesstimate that 95% of you bought your cars because it was quick stock, F/I, potential to mod, handles great, looks good, etc..

The quality of the interior, I would assume, was pretty far down the list for most of you.

Or I could be way off base, I dunno.

I use to have a 3000GT 97', and the interior rocks! everything is perfect. Including the TT Supras! Nice designs.

The wrx was ...decent.

The Evo 8...bad.

The neon...never seen it, but from people's remarks, it might not
    be there the best it can be.

I have a 2000 Expedition...interior is decent.
    I looked a GMC's SUV...man I hate those radio buttons!!!

all in all, I would have to say that

the wrx interior is decent. I have shopped for interiors before.
    That is why I have a Expedition and a WRX
    Meng Hang

Ogura Corporation (US Headquarters) Chesterfield Township, MI
    Network System Administrator, IT Supervisor
    Black WRX 2002, ...with 18G with Stock IC.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.