Subaru WRX Forum banner

Why so much hype about the SRT-4??

18K views 89 replies 45 participants last post by  bgSti 
#1 · (Edited)
I'm not trying to start a flame. But after I test drove the 2004 SRT-4 today. I really doubt their ability!!:confused:

The one I test drove is 2004 Srt4 which is the most powerful one right? Tho the car is still not break-in yet, but there shoudn't be that much difference right??

I punch it in 1st & 2nd gear(power shift) 1st to 2nd the tires chirp, but the car just doens't have those turbo kick in feel. I don't have much space to try to 4th gear & so on.(Test on city street rush hour). But even the 3rd gear feels sluggish. The stock Sti is so much faster & powerful than the srt-4. Though my Sti is mod now, but I can still remember how the stock Sti perform. I can says that the Sti is the horse compare to srt4 is the pig!! Realli, someone plz chime in and tell me did I test drove a SXT 2.0 or something??:confused:

I can't imagine how a stock 2004 Srt-4 pull on a stock sti from a roll?? Sigh..........I'm very disaapoint of this car after so much reading about it said how fast it it and such....

:(

andrew

*Onece again, I'm not starting a flame/war........I'm just telling what I've experienced. :/

See less See more
#78 ·
I don't think I've ever seen a domestic interior that I've liked yet. Chevy uses the same interior for all its cars. It was dissappointing when I sat inside a Z06. I thought for $50k the interior should have been a little nicer.
My brother zo6 interior looks good after the Red Sparco Evo seat and TV install, it goes so well with the red & black dash/console. The only thing that looks bad in the car is the damn ugly steering wheel which my brother try to install a aftermarket one, but it doesnt fit :(

IMO the best interior is my ex. car Audi TT, especially with a sparco seat and big ass LCD screen on top of the vent on the dash. :)

andrew

#81 ·
RSX has a much nicer interior, as do all the new acuras. Yeah, don't dog a car that has a cheaper interior. It does cost about 5k less. The wrx has a POS interior. It's all cheap rental car plastics. It just happens to be a little better than a srt-4's interior.

#82 ·
I think i'll drop in with my opinion for this flame thread with this.

My Geo Metro Is betterer than your car cause my turning radius is so small. I can park into ANYWHERE!!! Beat that you asshats. Also not having power steering makes it feel faster. It owns you. And my interior looks like **** cause its all performance baby.
My car also costs so much less than everything, All I have to do is replace everything and then it'll be so fast. You guys wasted your money or something!

#85 ·
The interior of my srt-4 is exactly what I wanted. The seats are excellent - great bolstering and comfy like a glove. The steering wheel has a nice feel, and I like the three spoke design. The tach and speedo are easy to read, the boost gauge is neat for the kids, and my new alpine stereo is easy to reach. Otherwise, I could give a sh!t less about the interior. Put the money in the powertrain, suspension and brakes, thanks :)

#86 ·
ebbtide said:
The interior of my srt-4 is exactly what I wanted. The seats are excellent - great bolstering and comfy like a glove. The steering wheel has a nice feel, and I like the three spoke design. The tach and speedo are easy to read, the boost gauge is neat for the kids, and my new alpine stereo is easy to reach. Otherwise, I could give a sh!t less about the interior. Put the money in the powertrain, suspension and brakes, thanks :)
w3rd

#87 ·
I'll have to agree. the srt-4 is a great car for the money. I think the interior is up to par with the wrx. The only thing I don't like about the interior is the lack of power windows in the rear. Other than that, it's the top performer in it's price range.

#89 ·
ebbtide said:
Agreed. The only concerns I had with the interior of my STi before I bought it was if I could fit in comfort and have all the necessities at my fingertips.

The seats feel great and I have full instrumentation (now, anyways :D) and the shifter wasn't a bad reach, not Supra or Corvette good, but good enough. So I'm happy with it, if I had wanted a nice looking interior, I probably would've went with a Lexus IS300...well if they'd ever fix that goofy instrumentation.

#90 ·
and the shifter wasn't a bad reach, not Supra or Corvette good, but good enough.
As a owner of both z06 and sti. Me & my friends(car luver drive many sport & exotic car in the past) both thinks that the shifter and clutch feels very very great as stock parts in the sti. You know like the shifter is short & precise, and the clutch can actually distrubute all the power to the car/ground. Better than Evo :p

As the z06, I dunno if it's becuz my bro's car have a short shifter or not, the shifter is too firm but very short. And I mean "FIRM" is like after you came out from the gym, you woudn't be able to shift fast & correctly :)

andrew

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.