Why so much hype about the SRT-4?? - Page 4
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on Why so much hype about the SRT-4?? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by AwdTurboWrx i though stis dyno around 250-260??i could be wrong about that........but bone stock srt4's do dyno ...

Originally posted by AwdTurboWrx
    i though stis dyno around 250-260??i could be wrong about that........but bone stock srt4's do dyno at about 227 whp...srt4 is not overhyped..idk why but sti owner doesnt seem 2 have all his facts straight..poser who knows maybe...its sorta weird..wrx turbo kick in feels stronger cause 2.0 engine that kicks in..srt4 is already a 2.4 and than turbo kicks in..srt4 has more smoother accelaration..and also stock on stock..srt4 wouldn't do 2 well low end rolls ...but get on hy srt4 will hang and even take it higher you go in speed...no car is overhyped when it breaks 13's for 20k out of dealer..and when mopar stage 2 can destory cars...under 30k go own lambos/ferraris..seen a srt4 wiht exhaust and turbo upgrade that together kit cost 6g's run 11 at a track b4..oh yeah..he ran 11.9 at about 116-120mph and this was at 4000 foot of elevation..but yeah ur right..srt4 is ''overhyped''...sorry but MORON!

and oh yeah..i drive a wrx so i dont have a bias opinion towards srt4 ..if u think srt4 is overhyped than what does that make the wrx??..you'd need cobb stage 2 b4 trying to hang with a srt4 off a roll
    WOW... you need to take an english class dude.

Seriously... some type of writing class or something.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

i prefer not to care about grammar when i'm on a forum
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

i prefer not to care about grammar when i'm on a forum
    Then I prefer to not read your post. Dink.

Originally posted by milenko11
    Then I prefer to not read your post. Dink.

yet you still did

I wasn't going to read that long garbled mess you call english.

sorry, i was just ranting

i though stis dyno around 250-260??i could be wrong about that........but bone stock srt4's do dyno at about 227 whp...srt4 is not overhyped..idk why but sti owner doesnt seem 2 have all his facts straight..poser who knows maybe...its sorta weird..wrx turbo kick in feels stronger cause 2.0 engine that kicks in..srt4 is already a 2.4 and than turbo kicks in..srt4 has more smoother accelaration..and also stock on stock..srt4 wouldn't do 2 well low end rolls ...but get on hy srt4 will hang and even take it higher you go in speed...no car is overhyped when it breaks 13's for 20k out of dealer..and when mopar stage 2 can destory cars...under 30k go own lambos/ferraris..seen a srt4 wiht exhaust and turbo upgrade that together kit cost 6g's run 11 at a track b4..oh yeah..he ran 11.9 at about 116-120mph and this was at 4000 foot of elevation..but yeah ur right..srt4 is ''overhyped''...sorry but MORON!
    Man you should get a SRT-4 instead!! Sounds like you're the type of ppl that only like straight line performance and think that 30k car can own Ferraris/Lambo is cool?? Correct? Who wants a Neon neway?? And dun think that SRT-4 with S2 can beat the Ferraris or even Lambo

No way....only in those SRT-4 kids dream

Two of my friends have srt-4s and they're pretty damn quick. They're great bang for the buck cars. They don't look too bad withhout the spoiler. But both of my friends wanted a STI but couldn't afford one. One of my friends is shooting the hell out of his srt-4. Its quick as ****. My other friend has a mopar stage one and he gets high 13s with a trap a little over 100mph. I haven't raced him yet but I'm sure from a roll it'll be close.

Originally posted by bgSti
    Man you should get a SRT-4 instead!! Sounds like you're the type of ppl that only like straight line performance and think that 30k car can own Ferraris/Lambo is cool?? Correct? Who wants a Neon neway?? And dun think that SRT-4 with S2 can beat the Ferraris or even Lambo

No way....only in those SRT-4 kids dream
    try mopar stage 3....and stage 2 people run mid-high 12's..not bad..ur sti is modded u said..why dont u go race a srt4 off a roll and see what happens

and i respect the srt4 ..bone stock for 20g's its a hell of a car

try mopar stage 3....and stage 2 people run mid-high 12's..not bad..ur sti is modded u said..why dont u go race a srt4 off a roll and see what happens

i was pretty sure no one had the mopar stage 3, as it isnt out yet. my buddy ordered the stage 2 and it still hasnt arived yet. i thought you were refering to the AGP kit that sells for $3600 and uses the T3-T4. that goes 11.9 with proper suspension/tires id guess. i doubt it but maybe the mopar stage 3 will do as well, i know it uses a large 16g, the evo 6 turbo, thats all. and i dont think guys are hitting mid 12's on stage 2. although i wouldnt mind seeing it, because yes, for 20k its one hell of a....deal.

Again this is a very subjective topic.

You wanna go in straight line fast=SRT4
    You wanna do everything else=STI

Game over

I dont want to turn this into another flame war, but really you guys make it seem like the srt-4 cant even go through a turn. The handling is really pretty good considering its front wheel drive. I forget what magazine, but they ran it with some ferraris and other exotics. Clearly it got smoked by the ferraris but it was very close to the Evo's time. Granted if I had 30 grand I would have bought an STi but an srt-4 can be made to do turns.
    2004 Dodge SRT-4

Sorry to hijack ...

But Kyong Yun, I like your silver\silver STI! I'm in Cola also. You must be the only STI in this city, besides the wrb sti that has been sitting at Hancock Subaru forever. Have you seen any other STI's around here? I might go for an 05 STI or GT. Haven't decided yet. I'll be looking for you. I'm in a silver '02.

Only a few SRT-4 owners from SRTforums.com have been able to cut a 12.9 w/ Stage 2 & Drag Radials. The rest are either getting low-mid 13's. (Not including some people who have found S2 to be no different than stock, LoL)

According to Mopar, The Stage 3 is cutting the SRT-4 test cars consistant 12.8's on street tires. Possible low 12's on DR's or Slicks. Whether that's on Race Gas or not, I'm not sure. But even so, a simple MBC to up the boost a bit more could result in some killer times.

The Evo VI T.M.E.'s have made upwards of 400 whp on that turbo (Stage 3), so we'll see what happens when the kit will (hopefully) be in next month.
    Slow Neon.

I don't know if this is true, but the props should not go to Dodge for the SRT-4 powerplant. I've been told from several sorces that the motor was the orginal prototype Mini cooper S motor. But they decided to cut it just before production and went with the 1.6 it now has. Just wanted to throw this out there. So all the props for reaserch and development should go to BMW (Mini devision)

Please don't flame if i'm incorrect, this is just what I have been told from some people I know who works behind the scens of BMW.
    HKW

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast