LT1? Auto Camaro

This is a discussion on LT1? Auto Camaro within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; He pulled up next to me at a light. Looked like about a 96 or 97 to my untrained eye. ...

LT1? Auto Camaro

He pulled up next to me at a light. Looked like about a 96 or 97 to my untrained eye. He had lots of "show" mods so I thought I'd try to bait him into showing me something.

No eye contact from him but when I took off (3k clutch slip) he stomped on it. He made a hell of a lot of noise but I had a car on him at the end of 2nd. Pretty sure it was an auto by the sounds it was making.

We got up to about 65 before we had to stop for another light. He got a little better launch that time and we were about even when we both had to slow for traffic at about 65 mph. He wouldn't look at me.

I don't know if it counts as a kill or not, but it was hilarious watching his phallic-shaped car make all that noise but not be get ahead of my mousy quiet little sedan.
    FUNKED1
    GO PETTER & TOMMI!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Thats the biggest problem with the Z28s, TA, C5 vettes etc on the street. From a dead stop they have a hell of a time getting traction. Its almost a garenteed win up to 60-70mph or more.

I always look at the back tires of the car I'm racing. If they have regular street radails there dead meat. If I look back there and see a fat set of drag radail or ET streets, I know they are serious about racing and going to be interesting.

I used to have a 94z28 and then a 99z28. I can't tell you how many races I lost smoking my tires leaving the line. It can be very frustrating.

str
    I had a similar race with a early 90's Fromula 350. I smoked him. I pulled so hard in second he was about 6 cars back when I hit third. He didn't even look over afterward because he probably was pissed that a station wagon ripped him. My girlfriend was laughing pretty hard.

This guy didn't smoke his tires. Traction control?
    FUNKED1
    GO PETTER & TOMMI!!!

"If ya spinning ya ain't winning." Good kill.

Roger that.
    12.8@104 w/ 1.86 60'
    274awhp/270tq (dynojet)
    vf22/pinks/up/exhaust/pump/mbc/bov/ecutek

Originally posted by FUNKED1
    This guy didn't smoke his tires. Traction control?
    I dought he was using traction control. I never used mine unless it was raining. It really hurts performance on dry pavement.
    When the weather is warm and especially if he was driving an Automatic with decent tires he could definately get off the line without breaking the tires loose to bad. That was probably the case.

In the winter time when the road/air is cold thats when its almost impossible for a z28/rear driver V8 to get traction. Don't even ask me about driving in the rain.

Originally posted by SGOSWRX
    In the winter time when the road/air is cold thats when its almost impossible for a z28/rear driver V8 to get traction. Don't even ask me about driving in the rain.
    Now, like most of us, you probably look forward to the rain. I just got word that my Yokohamas arrived today. The tirerack rules!

-Jim