Viper hunting? - Page 5
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

This is a discussion on Viper hunting? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by Drod Brother has one and 04 SRT- 10 and the car is brutal. I do not consider ...

Originally posted by Drod
    Brother has one and 04 SRT- 10 and the car is brutal. I do not consider it to be an exotic like an Enzo, F40, 959 and the high-end lambos, but the car can surely run with them. I am looking forward to the Ford GT and seeing it kick some exotic ass just like the Viper does. I could buy one today, but my wife would kill me. We are moving into a new house and she is more interested in the wood furniture, drapes and interior decoration of the house. So no bad ass rides for me. I have driven my brother and I mudst say that the car is much more refined than the Gen 1's and 2's.
    that's why i'm not getting married until im into my 30's and I already have some toys that the wifey cant take away
    2004 R32: 220 whp

For Sale: 2003 wrx
    376 whp @ 22 psi, 93 octane

Pics:
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/badassrex

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Yeah, no kidding it's a better performance platform....blah blah blah. What I asked was CAN YOU BEAT ONE, AND WHAT DOES IT TAKE.

KEVIN
    '04 STi Blue/Gold

XS500/UTEC/UR 785cc/MRT TMIC/3" Catless/AVO Turbo inlet/APS 70mm CAI/AVC-R/JIC FLT-A2/SSR Type-C

ECUTEK!!!!

349.3 WHP, Dyno Dynamics, 100 octane (torco)

~450 bhp

Re: Viper hunting?

Originally posted by Red Rocket
    Happened to see a few vipers this weekend while out and about. I really like how the cars look, and maybe could have bought one instaid of the sti, but wasn't thinking about it. They're just pimp as hell, fast and handle decently I guess. This got me wondering how fast they really are, because hopefully I'll get to race one eventually. I'm hoping for roughly a 12.0 in the 1/4 at 116 mph from my car eventually....we'll see if that becomes a reality.

I found this guide online:

http://www.dodge-vipers.com/production.html

Has alot of claimed 1/4 mile times. Anywhere from 12.9 to 11.8, depending on the model. The most common one, the GTS is listed as either 12.4@118 or 12.0@122, depending on the year, but with the same power and weight. How do they really do? How is traction for them on the street? I assume they are very fast in a highway roll.

Your thoughts?

thanks,

Kevin
    What do you do for a living?

Originally posted by BassMan097
    So basically what you're saying is 28k for the car itself and at the most 2 grand in upgrades/tuning to get 500 rwhp and 600 rwtq?? Where do I sign?? By the way, how do the cobra's respond to a little nitrous on top of these upgrades?
    I'd like to start off by saying that I apologize the other fella that thought I was raging on him... I was not.. Just a bit hyper and over confident in my attitude...

Yes the 03 Cobra can be bought for $28K and YES for $2K in mods you will have a car that will hang right there with a 03/04 SRT10 Viper. Well.. Give him a VERY good run, but they will start to leave you aroun 80 MPH.

THe KB (kenne Bell) upgrade is ostensibly a NASTY upgrade. I have seen videos where the guy nails it from a 45 MPH roll and just RIPS the tires....

KB + NOS = ONEHELLUVARIDE...

KB cost around $3500 or so installed.

The 03 Cobra has ALL forged internals and I have not heard of one grenading (exploding) yet. It will handle 700 crank HP with no problems. And its EASY to get there.

This is a fun car. AND its a Ford. Dont expect it to be as trustworthy as a Subraru!!
    03 EB Expedition
    --------------------
    SOLD!!!
    03 Cobra
    1/4 - 12.05
    MPH - 118.06
    465 RWHP
    485 RWTQ

Internals on the 03/04 are rated to 1000 hp. The Kenny Bell 2.4 Ver pushes over 800 crank HP.

Well this is all some great info. Unfortunately, I wouldnt be able to afford both my subaru and the cobra, so I'd have to sell the suby. I'm nowhere near this point now, but its definitely an option. Obviously I'd love to have both, but I'll have to see what the summer job pulls in after taxes.

Pics:

Keep the rex and wait untill the new SVT comes out. I heard that SVT and Team Mustang are at it again. Team mustang, who messed up the 1999 Cobra whants to use the SVT Cobra design to create a Shelby 350 and 500. This could delay the release of the new SVT COBRA with 500 HP. Anyway, I you wait another year, you could get a used 04 and not have to deal with some of the issues the 03 had.
    Last edited by Drod; 05-24-2004 at 11:39 AM.

Originally posted by Drod
    Keep the rex and wait untill the new SVT comes out. I heard that SVT and Team Mustang are at it again. Team mustang, who messed up the 1999 Cobra whants to use the SVT Cobra design to create a Shelby 350 and 500. This could delay the release of the new SVT COBRA with 500 HP. Anyway, I you wait another year, you could get a used 04 and not have to deal with some of the issues the 03 had.
    Sounds like a good idea. After all, I've got some brand new Kaaz gears waiting to go in, and I might get a great deal on an AEM EMS. Plus I need the rex for the $hitty weather we get around here. Would be nice to get a used 03 or 04 cobra as a weekend/nice weather car. I guess I'll just have to save a bit here and there and hold off on the race motor for the wrx, at least for a while.

Pics:

some 16 yr old in town drives a red 04 SRT10. 525ft lbs
    345 series tires. the BEST braking results EVER turned in by a production car. strong tranny, even stronger motor.

STi pulls its two cars out of the hole, and gets ripped into the vipers rear views probably before the 8th

If you give a 2nd gen viper a standing mile, you get 173mph in 31 seconds.

Got torque?
    03 MBP WRX Sedan
    STi RA gearset October 4th,STi Trans Mount
    Cobb AccessECU STG II 16.4psi. Bosal DP, Catless OEM UP, 205/55 ZR16 Futura Ultra Z's.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.