WRX vs. Integra Type R
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on WRX vs. Integra Type R within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; hey guys, this is one of those times when i really wish i had my TurboXS exhaust on (it's coming ...

WRX vs. Integra Type R

hey guys, this is one of those times when i really wish i had my TurboXS exhaust on (it's coming in on monday) but oh well.

k there's this guy around here that just got a yellow ITR...i got a chance to meet him and talk to him for a little bit; he's cool as hell and his car's really nice. but anyways, on to the good stuff...

he has one other passenger in the car, i have none.
    k we pull onto a 4 lane highway, i'm behind him while we're passing a car, then the road opens up....
    i swing into the other lane and gun it from 2nd at around 30 mph while he's about 2 cars in front of me to start with. this is an uphill race, because there's lots of mountains out here in hillbilly country
    2nd goes by...bang it into 3rd (this is where i expected to pull) but 3rd winds out and i hardly gained at all...shift into 4th and pull a little; by this time i'm guessing i was at about 90 mph, i wasn't watching the speedometer though. after it was all said and done, i probably pulled about half a car or so on him. i was very pleased considering the WRX isn't a top-end beast

i can't wait to run into him again once i get my turboback on
    Originally posted by AbACUZ
    im new in here, I am AbACUZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    No where, is my style diferent, yes, I am AbACUZ.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Type-Rs are great cars. But we have four doors! Mua ha ha!

You're lucky you didn't go into fourth gear. I know full well from the track that after 100 mph, they started walking on me. This is with an up pipe and a TurboXS Stage 1 Unichip.
    Last edited by bedabi; 07-13-2002 at 11:34 PM.

so did this R have any mods ????? i have both ( a 98 r & 02 wrx) and still i dont know who would win ) pros and cons for both..... 1 killer car........a type WRX...........lol

Originally posted by bedabi
    Type-Rs are great cars. But we have four doors! Mua ha ha!

You're lucky you didn't go into fourth gear. I know full well from the track that after 100 mph, they started walking on me. This is with an up pipe and a TurboXS Stage 1 Unichip.
    actually, i did go into fourth for a little bit, so i must have been going faster than i thought 4th gear is actually where i gained a little ground....maybe he was shifting or something, i'm not really sure. but that was an awesome race and that car is niiiiice. i really want to run him from a stop, hehe....

Take of the 3/16 connector and get a boost controller. You will be sure to pull on him if you do. You wont believe the difference it makes.
    New:
    2005 Electric Blue Lancer Evo VIII

Traded:
    Platinum Silver 02 WRX
    TurboXS stage2

pardon my ignorance .....but what is a 3/16 connector????

this
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails sidebyside.jpg  
    my car is slow,,,,,, very slow.

where do i find this on the motor ???? and where do i buy this part ?????

i'm not gonna get a boost controller....too risky for me

i know, i know, some of you will say it isn't....but i'm just not gonna play around with boost yet. i think i'm gonna get some Samco's next

Originally posted by SilverX
    Take of the 3/16 connector and get a boost controller. You will be sure to pull on him if you do. You wont believe the difference it makes.
    I believe the 3/16 connector you are referencing is the portion that is normally bypassed/disconnected when you add the MBC... but if you are going to keep the factory boost control... it is a great $3.00 investment for improved performance.

My friend has a Type-R and he has beat several WRXs on the highway so has been pretty dissappointed with them but now that I mave mine we are gonna go at it sometime soon and see what happens. He is a much better driver than I am so I know he will probably beat me, oh well, I can just get a MBC and kil him, heheh. He knows it doesnt take much to do to my car to make it way faster than his.
    My woman hates the money pit
    2002 WRX Hybrid 2.5L 16G

what kind of mods does this R have ????

Originally posted by Sunkist
    My friend has a Type-R and he has beat several WRXs on the highway so has been pretty dissappointed with them but now that I mave mine we are gonna go at it sometime soon and see what happens. He is a much better driver than I am so I know he will probably beat me, oh well, I can just get a MBC and kil him, heheh. He knows it doesnt take much to do to my car to make it way faster than his.
    After you guys run the highway make sure you guys run the 1/4 mile from a dead stop. Make sure your friend can also see the strong side of a WRX!!

Hehehe, yea he knows he will loose from a stand still but i will try and give him a good run an the highway. He thinks that the other WRXs drivers were either not very good or not trying real hard so when we do it then there will be a good comparison.
    My woman hates the money pit
    2002 WRX Hybrid 2.5L 16G

Originally posted by Sunkist
    Hehehe, yea he knows he will loose from a stand still but i will try and give him a good run an the highway. He thinks that the other WRXs drivers were either not very good or not trying real hard so when we do it then there will be a good comparison.
    Take him out!! Please.....I have so many Riced out Hondas in my neck of the woods it is just sick!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.