02 wrx vs. Audi TT
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 02 wrx vs. Audi TT within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; so i was cruising at about 75mph on the highway on my way home on my way home. and i ...

02 wrx vs. Audi TT

so i was cruising at about 75mph on the highway on my way home on my way home. and i see this car racing to catch up to me. this was at about 2 am so the highway was pretty empty. i thought he was just going to fly by me and keep going. but this guy slows down and we're pretty much dead even at about 75~80. i was really tired and didn't really want to bother but he kept edging me on so i just couldn't resist (my car is stock btw) so we go at it and i get about 1/2 a car jump on him, but that was about all i did. after that he just started slowly catching up as the speedo kept going up. we reached 100mph and he just kept pulling on me. we shut down at about 110 ~ 115 and he was up on me about 1/2 ~3/4 car lengths.
    we both get off at the same exit and he opened his window and we started talking. i asked if he was stock and he said "no" with a remark that he has put his share of money into the car. from what i can see he has an exhaust on the car and most or more than likely the car's chipped. but damn that thing just kept pulling even over 100mph. anyway he was pretty cool not one of those guys that think they're hot sh*t after they win a race. considering my car's stock i don't feel bad losing to a "modded" TT. man can't wait to start putting some money into the car and see what this baby can really do. (just got the car about a month ago)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Go straight to stage 4. Then enjoy the ride!!!!

yea i wish

straight to stage 4...

so...

I have:
    JDM Uppipe
    Bosal DP
    Bosal catback
    Intake Silencer Gone
    Grounding Mod
    MBC at 14 psi.
    New IC hoses...
    Various other minor hoses replaced
    Run 91 Octane every day

What stage am I at and what do I need to move to the next stage?

I know I need better engine management but I can't just dish out $1K.

Originally posted by apodWRX
    straight to stage 4...

so...

I have:
    JDM Uppipe
    Bosal DP
    Bosal catback
    Intake Silencer Gone
    Grounding Mod
    MBC at 14 psi.
    New IC hoses...
    Various other minor hoses replaced
    Run 91 Octane every day

What stage am I at and what do I need to move to the next stage?

I know I need better engine management but I can't just dish out $1K.
    with some engine management you are about stage3
    right now i guess you would be 2 1/2
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

you are in stage -2

too much air not enough fuel !
    my car is slow,,,,,, very slow.

That VW/Audi 1.8T motor can be pretty powerful, even with only a chip. I had a friend with an Audi A4 1.8T and he just bought a chip from Stratmosphere and did a baseline and then new dyno and picked up a little over 30whp...from a friggin chip!!!

I couldn't believe it, but if that Audi had the same thing, plus a few other goodies, that's why he would pull you so hard. Stock TTs are pretty slow from my experience, but any modded turbo car can be made fast pretty quickly.

Gotta love FI
    2004 STi, Java Black Pearl
    www.cardomain.com/id/2004wrxsti

Best ET 4/24/04
    12.38@109

Originally posted by apodWRX
    straight to stage 4...
    my preference has been staging slowly. makes each mod easier to appreciate. but, yes, get a bigger turbo, more fuel, and TT's will be no more fun.
    www.realultimatepower.net

I was waiting for this story to end with something like "And I picked up a date with him" or something to that extend.... What a relieve!
    07 RDX

04 STI: SOLD
    02 4eat Cobb Stg 2 WRX Wagon: Wife's

Re: 02 wrx vs. Audi TT

Having owned both a "modded" TT and now a Stage 2 Cobb '02 WRX, simple bolt ons will smoke the TT. It is a heavy SOB with very poor AWD (Haldex=reactive vs. proactive). It also has a 6 speed geared for high speeds. Face him off from the dig next time.

Last edited by Rex Ruther; 05-18-2004 at 12:59 PM.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.