RSX-S Turbo vs. Me

This is a discussion on RSX-S Turbo vs. Me within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Well I'm driving to get some Yoshinoya when I hear BOV go off and see a white RSX pull right ...

RSX-S Turbo vs. Me

Well I'm driving to get some Yoshinoya when I hear BOV go off and see a white RSX pull right behind me while some car is next to me. I proceed to go to the Fwy. and he follows letting me know he was BOV power. I know he wants to play so I get on the Fwy. and merge all the way to the fast lane.

Well he gets next to me at about 70ish and he does the 3 honk and were off. I down shift to 3rd and he's with me the whole way into 4th and still with me till I hit about 110 (4th red lines at 120) and I started pulling on him. I ended up about 1 1/2 car length ahead all the way to about 130mph which I know I shouldn't be doing but it was real late and no cars

Sweet RSX and cool guy, we gave thumbs up and that was my lil adventure while on my lunch Break
    Stg. 0
    -380hp & 437lbs-
    No NOS

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

nice run! I bet he muxt have been a lil disappointed to find that you weren't stock!
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

too bad u dont live in the tampa florida area id run u with my rsx turbo heh

Just so I've got a handle on this, your mods are basically raised boost (15psi that's held til redline) and a full turboback?

So what type of whp do you think you are putting down with that setup, like 220whp maybe or more?

Just wondering, because even the Stage 1 Greddy guys (which is the worse of the two major kits out) are putting down well over 230whp on those RSX's. Nice kill, sounds like you took out a big dog.
    2005 NBP Accord EX-V6 6MT
    AEM CAI, HFP aerokit, Comptech SS
    17" Enkei RS7s on YokoES100 tires

maybe it wasnt a type s

if it was a base then maybe it was pushing less than that on an untuned greddy turbo

oh heres some pics of my car

www.cybernationmotorsports.com

its the RED one

wow nice rsx man. a friend of mine is saving up his money to do a stage one cybernation. do you have any vids if you do please post. are you going to go to stage 2 or just keep it a 1. have you ran it in the 1/4.

nope dont have vids YET working on it,

no 1/4th time yet since i dont have my stage 2 clutch installed yet and am afraid id burn my stockie up at the track

by the traction problems that 1st and 2nd gear present though im afraid i will prob be looking at mid 13s at the track

most similar rsxs trap at 105mph or so

i need slicks! heh

Well...

It said Type-S on the back, so I assume it was. I dynoed my car stock and did 223 hp and 251 torque. Now I'm at 261hp and 273 torque. I need to update my mod list, oops. I also added the BDJ's o2 Housing and Stg 1 ( just ordered Stg 2 )
    Stg. 0
    -380hp & 437lbs-
    No NOS

Re: Well...

Originally posted by SRT THIS
    It said Type-S on the back, so I assume it was. I dynoed my car stock and did 223 hp and 251 torque. Now I'm at 261hp and 273 torque. I need to update my mod list, oops. I also added the BDJ's o2 Housing and Stg 1 ( just ordered Stg 2 )
    Lol...no dude, my stupidity owned me on this one. I thought you drove a WRX...your handle is "SRT THIS" so for some reason I thought you were poking fun at your main competition

Makes a lot more sense now..that's why I said I figured you were dynoing like 230whp. It all falls into place now

i got into a good run with a boosted RSX-type S last week..... did it from a 20 30 and a dead stop... i think the worse one was the stop.... its a pretty strong lil car boosted...but the guy just wanted to see how he ran against a EVO.....
    08 Audi RS4 (the retirement car)
    03 SY WRX (daily)
    07 Forester XT (wifes ride
    07 GSX-R 1000 (when cars get boring)

IMO, on the street, the boosted RSX's are almost worthless..hey, I'm not saying they're not a blast to drive or aren't fast, but FWD will always have major traction problems.

There are boosted RSX's running 11s at over 118mph on DR's..but on street tires, they dip into the low 13s at like 110mph. That just isn't going to cut it on the streets against something like an Evo.

I presume you spanked the RSX from a dig Novtec1?

Also, do you know what kit he was running, what kind of management, etc..? Because there's a BIG difference out there in kits and management..BIG difference.

Originally posted by smokey
    IMO, on the street, the boosted RSX's are almost worthless..hey, I'm not saying they're not a blast to drive or aren't fast, but FWD will always have major traction problems.

There are boosted RSX's running 11s at over 118mph on DR's..but on street tires, they dip into the low 13s at like 110mph. That just isn't going to cut it on the streets against something like an Evo.

I presume you spanked the RSX from a dig Novtec1?

Also, do you know what kit he was running, what kind of management, etc..? Because there's a BIG difference out there in kits and management..BIG difference.
    not too sure on what setup he had.... he just told me he was booting 10 lbs w hondata...

yes i spanked him from a dig and peeled his paint off from the stop. from the 30 was the closes he stayed with me but i still
    left him.
    08 Audi RS4 (the retirement car)
    03 SY WRX (daily)
    07 Forester XT (wifes ride
    07 GSX-R 1000 (when cars get boring)

Re: Re: Well...

Originally posted by smokey
    Lol...no dude, my stupidity owned me on this one. I thought you drove a WRX...your handle is "SRT THIS" so for some reason I thought you were poking fun at your main competition

Makes a lot more sense now..that's why I said I figured you were dynoing like 230whp. It all falls into place now
    LOL, it's cool Bro. it's happened before.
    Stg. 0
    -380hp & 437lbs-
    No NOS