Perf. times for the 05 Mustang GT
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Perf. times for the 05 Mustang GT within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hmmm? 0-60 in 5.2 and the quarter in 13.9? Sounds kinda high to me, what do you guys think? I ...

Thumbs down Perf. times for the 05 Mustang GT

Hmmm? 0-60 in 5.2 and the quarter in 13.9? Sounds kinda high to me, what do you guys think? I am expecting lower numbers in the quarters then that. We will see what the other magazines have to say soon, another thumbs down for "magazine racing". Here is the link:

Mustang

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

still dont like how it looks. and 5.2s 0-60 is awfully fast for a rwd car.
    o-|-<) bryan

-2003 Blue WRX, complete 2007 STi Engine/Drivetrain transplant - Pic 1 | Pic 2 | Pic 3 | Pic 4 (new!)
    -1994 Black Supra TT 6MT - Pic | Build/Restoration Thread: 67mm, Fuel, Painted Engine Bay, Fuse Box Relocation, Wire Tuck, etc.

www.TriStateTuners.com

Originally posted by Wrinkleboi
    still dont like how it looks. and 5.2s 0-60 is awfully fast for a rwd car.
    o-|-<) bryan
    Ya, the 0-60 looks impressive but whats up with the quarter mile time? a 300 hp car pushing 315 lb ft of torque should get stronger as it goes and post better numbers then that, maybe the guy couldnt drive too well

We all know American muscle is under-rated. With the proper driver those numbers will go way down. But yea, the 1/4 seems high. Dont know how much the 0-60 will go down on street tires though. Even so, basic I/H/E, DR's and that thing should see 12's, 11's with nitrous.
    2004 R32: 220 whp

For Sale: 2003 wrx
    376 whp @ 22 psi, 93 octane

Pics:
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/badassrex

Until the magazine testers get their hands on it I'll wait till they flog the 05's

look at the trap speed though, 104mph is pretty damn good considering that's approximately what a stock STi does. I'm sure with better traction on some slicks, it can pull off low 13's easily.

Can't wait until ford releases the redesigned cobra!
    Last edited by FastARSEWRX; 05-15-2004 at 10:25 AM.

where did u read this? on the 2005 stang forum that time is some goofy time. the trap was 105 i believe, that what that sight said. that would be a pretty nice top end if its true.

Well, after doing some checking it seems the GT's times are not too bad at all compared to its closest competition in price and performance, the 350Z and the G35. The average 0-60 times for the G35 was 5.7 and the quarter was 14.6 @ 98 mph. The 350Z was a bit faster with 0-60 in 5.4 and the quarter in 14.2 @ 101 mph. Upon further review, 0-60 in 5.2 and the quarter in 13.9 @ 105 mph sounds pretty good

Originally posted by EVOVIII
    Well, after doing some checking it seems the GT's times are not too bad at all compared to its closest competition in price and performance, the 350Z and the G35. The average 0-60 times for the G35 was 5.7 and the quarter was 14.6 @ 98 mph. The 350Z was a bit faster with 0-60 in 5.4 and the quarter in 14.2 @ 101 mph. Upon further review, 0-60 in 5.2 and the quarter in 13.9 @ 105 mph sounds pretty good
    both the Z and g35 6speed coupe are easily capable of knocking 3 tenths of the above posted times....

but yeah..... the 99-2k4 GT stangs with manual trans were running that 13.9-14.2

the 5.2 0-60 is actually quite good, but i think that once a driver that knows what they are doing gets ahold of it, we can see times of 13.3-13.6

i remember when the ws-6 came out many people were mad because it was said to run 13.8 or so.... once the "real" testers got a hold of it they were getting times of 13.1-13.6
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Oh man i cant wait till these things hit the roads!

And I wonder how the new Cobras will be in hp ratings and 1/4 mile times.
    --Chris
    2011 DGM WRX hatch - Kartboy SS

04 WRX wagon - 304whp Mods - SOLD
    LISC #3
    www.longislandsubaruclub.com

This is comming from a site that lists a 2002 camaro running the 1/4 in the 14.0 The production car is not out yet and nobody knows what it will run.
    Mustang, 2002, Silver, GT, 5 SP
    View My Members Page

Actually these numbers come from or at least perfectly match the numbers you can find at car and driver's website. But not the "(estimated performance)" part. A lot of times conservative numbers for estimates can be used to make the real performance seem more impressive. Who knows. It'd be nice if it was faster i guess. Although i wish I could beat em

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.