Wrx, Stis vx Rsx
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Wrx, Stis vx Rsx within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; sorry guys this may be off topic but in the regional forums there is less readers i was wondering if ...

Wrx, Stis vx Rsx UPDATE with PICS

sorry guys this may be off topic but in the regional forums there is less readers

i was wondering if any of ur wrx or sti owners live in the tampa florida area near usf

i kinda want to see what my rsx can do vs wrx or stis

from a roll since i dont have a new clutch.

dunno if any owners visit these forums

tnx!

Jsimon

heres some pics. crappy florida lovebugs :/ excuse my dirty car damn bugs....
    Last edited by Jsimon9633; 05-14-2004 at 06:47 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Will be close with a stock WRX the STI is another ball game. You need mods.

I think he's talking about actually running someone.

What have you got done to your RSX? I'm assuming you have the 200hp Type-S version...they can be quick little cars, but don't have as much as a WRX in a stock vs. stock comparison, especially from a dig since AWD ownz FWD.

However, since you want to race from a roll, and don't have an aftermarket clutch, I'll wager you've done a few mods, a Hondata can really open those cars up a tad.

I'm going to be down in Orlando this summer from July 9-11, so we might could meet up then if you want, but you'll be running a STi that turns low 12s
    2004 STi, Java Black Pearl
    www.cardomain.com/id/2004wrxsti

Best ET 4/24/04
    12.38@109

I have a RSX Type S with I/H/E and Hondata #4 and my STi {stock} would eat it alive anywhere, anytime.

Stock WRX vs RSX type S from a roll might be fun though!
    Last edited by Hummer; 05-13-2004 at 08:49 PM.
    2004 STi

First, is it a RSX or an RSX-S?

If its an RSX you will get owned by both cars, provided you are stock.

If it's an RSX-S then it will be fairly even between you and a WRX, but the WRX STI will still rape you a new one.
    "Celebrate we will, for life is short but sweet for certain"-DMB

Liquid - "yes sticky! hes a god now!"

02 WRX now JDM V8 STI (too many mods for my own good)

Re: Wrx, Stis vx Rsx

Originally posted by Jsimon9633
    i kinda want to see what my rsx can do vs wrx or stis

from a roll since i dont have a new clutch.
    I would have never guessed you would come up with such a thing.
    03 wrx - 300whp/270wtq
    Originally posted by zoophagy
    The people that work there are, for the most part, retards. I used to work there.

actually guys the reason i mention that i have a stock clutch is cause i have

.........turbo so really i dont want to burn out my clutch trying to race from a stop . so i want to do some rolls

heres my dyno at 8 psi

sorry its a bad pic the right line where u see the most hp is at 8k rpms which is nearly redline
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails dynosheet.jpg  

Originally posted by 2004JadeSTi
    I think he's talking about actually running someone.

What have you got done to your RSX? I'm assuming you have the 200hp Type-S version...they can be quick little cars, but don't have as much as a WRX in a stock vs. stock comparison, especially from a dig since AWD ownz FWD.

However, since you want to race from a roll, and don't have an aftermarket clutch, I'll wager you've done a few mods, a Hondata can really open those cars up a tad.

I'm going to be down in Orlando this summer from July 9-11, so we might could meet up then if you want, but you'll be running a STi that turns low 12s
    lol godamn low 12s? i still want to try you from a roll hehe

60 times on rsx SUCK ass cause of fwd, best ive seen is like 1.8 and thats like a 450whp rsx

but from a roll i will at least hang MAYBE close MAYBE not sure

i was thinking more along the lines of a lightly modded STI or pretty well modded WRX

ya, with 290 at the wheels, you would smoke any stock STi and most modded WRX's, from a roll that is. I would go as far as to say that even a modded STi, that is still on stock turbo, would have trouble pulling from you, nice numbers man, lets see some pics!

BobbyD
    5spd/U/D/MBC/QTEC

yeah man.... if you can get the power to the ground you will own stock STI's and pretty much any wrx that isnt running a larger than a VF series turbo.

if you can hook up, considering the weight of your car and that tranny you could be running well into the 12's like its nothing.
    i assume you are having traction problems though, so a modded STI could be trouble. but from a roll, i dont think it matters. have you gone to the track? your traps have got to quite high.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Originally posted by Jsimon9633
    lol godamn low 12s? i still want to try you from a roll hehe

60 times on rsx SUCK ass cause of fwd, best ive seen is like 1.8 and thats like a 450whp rsx

but from a roll i will at least hang MAYBE close MAYBE not sure

i was thinking more along the lines of a lightly modded STI or pretty well modded WRX
    Yea a roll would definitely be interesting, we both know what would happen from a dig, but I'm honestly not too sure from a roll. Last time my car was dynoed it put down ~320whp and I'm still on the stock turbo until the end of the summer, so couple that figure with a little extra parasitic powertrain loss than your RSX and it could very well be a dead heat.

From a roll I'd imagine that you could destroy a stock or lightly modded WRX and even maybe pull on a stock STi.

Originally posted by DTR maxima
    yeah man.... if you can get the power to the ground you will own stock STI's and pretty much any wrx that isnt running a larger than a VF series turbo.

if you can hook up, considering the weight of your car and that tranny you could be running well into the 12's like its nothing.
    i assume you are having traction problems though, so a modded STI could be trouble. but from a roll, i dont think it matters. have you gone to the track? your traps have got to quite high.
    nope no track yet planning on going asap to the track down here in bradenton Fl

Originally posted by DTR maxima

unfortunately its all about traction and its hard getting it to the ground with FWD

i have a stock clutch so really not even gonna try and launch it since i will most likely just burn out the clutch

my next mod will be LSD and Clutch , after i get my new clutch i will really launch it.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails gauges.jpg  

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails hidprojector.jpg  

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast