SC civic vs stage 2 WRX

This is a discussion on SC civic vs stage 2 WRX within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; My friend says he's got a 93 civic EX 5 spd that is "supercharged to 15 psi" . He says ...

SC civic vs stage 2 WRX

My friend says he's got a 93 civic EX 5 spd that is "supercharged to 15 psi" . He says he told his mechanic to do whatever necessary to run that much. Just humoring him, how fast is he in relation to a COBB stage 2+uppipe and IC hoses?
    How fast are those civics supercharged in general?
    MY MODS
    *GET YOUR CLUBWRX KEYRING*
    http://clubwrx.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=54791&highlight=keychai n

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Well if this guy isn't pulling your leg, and actually has a BUILT SC Civic.... you may have a problem.

I have seen built TURBO'ed civics take down Vipers, and Vetts. Guess it all depends on whether he is lying or telling the truth.

I Support ClubWRX
    A blown civic at 15 lbs can be just a quick as a blown ls1 or 302. If anything is built to handle 15 lbs of boost...odds are she will move pretty good.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

Plus it only weighs around 2300 lbs (2 door). If he doesnt have the engine built up and is running on stock block, pistons, head etc...what is a realistic amount of boost (supercharger)? Im guessing around 6-7 psi but that might be pushing it. Since its about 120-130 hp vtec stock, he would be pushing about 180 ro so at the crank correct?

The only other thing is that his driving skills are very questionable since this is his first manual....
    MY MODS
    *GET YOUR CLUBWRX KEYRING*
    http://clubwrx.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=54791&highlight=keychai n

sounds like hes just talking out of his ass, why would anyone want to waste money to s/c a civic?

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by infox
    sounds like hes just talking out of his ass, why would anyone want to waste money to s/c a civic?
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    http://badges.fuelly.com/images/sig-us/81544.png
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red

I don't think supercharging is quite as common as turbo with regards to Hondas. Plus he has a single cam civic... maybe if he had done a swap and THEN supercharged, you would have more to worry about. I'm not saying that it can't be fast but it just seems like it would be a complete waste to build up a small 115hp engine when you could start with a GSR or at least a B16.

On a side note, I did race a turbo'd civic ex like your friend has back when I had a b16 in my civic hatch and he was able to put a good few car lengths on me from a low roll. I'd definitely say it was capable of low 14's high 13's. So i'm guessing a s/c would be around there.

i've raced a turbo hatch and beat him badly but he was not tunned correctly....this was a built ls1 non vtec with turbo on it...if the guy is tunned and s/c your in trouble...if not you wont have problems...even if he is tunned..go off a launch..you might hand it 2 him bad since he'll have traction problems

also correctly fixed up hatches like this one are worth fixing up

http://www.cheesefrog.com/modules.ph...op=getit&lid=3
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

The 1.5 SOHC with a supercharger is nothing to worry about. Maybe if you were stock it might be different. SC'd SOHC civics in general run high 14's to low 15's in general. If in doubt do it from a stop.

Originally posted by AwdTurboWrx

also correctly fixed up hatches like this one are worth fixing up

http://www.cheesefrog.com/modules.ph...op=getit&lid=3
    03 Cobra
    566whp/515wtq

Pics
    & Dyno
    Pics