Saleen Mustang? - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Saleen Mustang? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by 302@12psi Steve has produced some wicked cars. A s-351 dragging in stock form is probaly one of ...

Originally posted by 302@12psi
    Steve has produced some wicked cars. A s-351 dragging in stock form is probaly one of the coolest cars. The s-281 is also a quick little car in it's own right. Wtih 500 hp in a RWD car you could pull smoke well into the 60 let alone 50 mph range.

Saleen ownz Roush
    It's funny how we WRX drivers have burn out envy. Roasting the tires at near highway speeds is cool, but can be very cumbersome when launching. I've owned a few vehicles with traction issues..... My WRX still amazes me with the ability to launch in pouring rain!
    2004 WRX

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Originally posted by mike01svt
    your telling me!! its great to have all this power, but racing from a dig is very hard, plus the IRS doesnt help either. I would love to do 3,4, and even 6k dumps like the awd people, but the only way that will happen is with slicks. keeping my power to the ground was hard when i was stock.. now with about 500 it is extremely hard.

Now if we can just combine the AWD traction of the WRX with the sheer power of a 500hp Mustang....... Yes, I know Porsche has done this.
    2004 WRX

Originally posted by 2004SilverWRX
    Now if we can just combine the AWD traction of the WRX with the sheer power of a 500hp Mustang....... Yes, I know Porsche has done this.
    without a 80k price tag LOL
    2001 Mustang Cobra
    Vortech @9psi
    13* Timing and 11.5AFR
    Tuned by ME

Good drag radials will do it. Nitto Extremes or BFG DRs (BFG are better). My stang on DRs will keep up or even outlaunch my WRX on the street, and I know I can hit mid-1.8 60' with the rex.

I have a solid axle though, as well as adjustable front struts/rear shocks, which help with the weight transfer.
    -09 Impreza 2.5GT 13.72/ 99.4/1.926
    -99 Mustang 10.64/136.41.57
    -08 R32 (bone stock)

Originally posted by 302@12psi
    If it was an older car the saleen probaly has (I'm believe Paxton on them) on them but his newer one uses his saleen Series II Postive displacement blowers...low end torque (I.E. Lighting/ 03 cobra) is where it's at.

I'm still debating if it's paxton or vortech on the saleens...i cant remeber.....grr it is 1 in the morning so I guess I cant be held to responsible.
    They were Vortech's. Here's a little Saleen history.

In 94-95 Saleen made the S-351 with 371 hp. The supercharger (Vortech) was optional and bought the hp level up to 505 hp.

In 96 Saleen made the supercharger standard equipment on all S-351's rated at 505 hp.

96 was also the first year for the S-281. The 96-98 S-281's did not come with the supercharger option. The only exception being the 98 SA-15 S-281 and only 15 of these were made.

In 99 (new body style) Saleen made the S-351 SC and the S-281 and made the supercharger an option on the S-281.

2000 was the last year for the S-351 option.

The S-281 E didn't come out until 2002 and was rated at 425 hp. The hp rating jumped up to 445 in 2003.

There will be a test on this later. Class dismissed.

Last edited by 281cobra; 05-14-2004 at 02:35 PM.
    99 Cobra- Rio Red
    286rwhp 290rwtq (stock)
    MODS- Steeda Tri-ax shifter, Eibach springs, 03 Cobra Bilstein shocks, Bassini X-pipe w/cats

89 Saleen #342 Mods:Cobra intake,B303 cam,65mm throttle body,75mm bullet mass air,stock ported heads,24lb injectors,1.72 rocker arms,shorty headers,BBK hi-flow cats,2 chamber flowmasters,3.55 gears

236rwhp 276rwtq - Modded

heh, the best 60 i got was a 2.0 when i ran the dr's all stock though.. i havent run with the s/c yet.... hoping for a 11.9 or 12.0 @114+
    2001 Mustang Cobra
    Vortech @9psi
    13* Timing and 11.5AFR
    Tuned by ME

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.