Beat by a 350Z...but got a date - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on Beat by a 350Z...but got a date within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by AwdTurboWrx way 2 many questions man..go get the real KILL /\ | | That's what I am ...

J-H
    Originally posted by AwdTurboWrx
    way 2 many questions man..go get the real KILL
    /\
    |
    |

That's what I am thinking about....

Nice run...BTW, there ARE good women drivers out there....I've riden with quite a few

JH

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Either she didnt know what she was talking about or you told a fibby fib. My friends z was just completed and it dynod at 450whp at 8 psi, twin greddy turbo's. If she had 15 psi she would probably have 700 hp. SO she must not know hwat she was talking about . I cant wait to finish my setup to run his z....
    L.I.S.C #00 (Treasurer)
    02 Wrx...465whp and 472 whtq. 100 Octane
    387whp and 371 whtq. 93 Octane

Bring one of these with you next time
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails dancing_condom_2[1].gif  
    07 RDX

04 STI: SOLD
    02 4eat Cobb Stg 2 WRX Wagon: Wife's

Originally posted by SERacing
    I thought that 350Z running a 375 shot only ran a high 11 (before he blew up) so turbo kits add 375 to a 350Z? I thought the fastest 350Z's were only in the mid 12's...or so my 350Z friend claims...also he was on his way to buy a turbo but found out that the automatics have had severe problems with being able to handle that much power on the automatics....I don't know the story seems a little odd, you only put a car or so on her off the start? Did you bog? I put bus lengths on my friends 2wd cars and then they catch me in 3rd/4th...and why would you hear a whoosh from an automatic turbo car? Is she letting off between shifts? But wouldn't that defeat the purpose of having a shift kit? So this is an 11 second street tire 350Z, VERY impressive.
    Actually the Smithtown nissan car that you are talking about was running a progressive shot and ran LOW 11s before it blew up. It didn't blow because of too much power...it blew because the progressive system malfunctioned and didn't send enough fuel when the second stage of juice hit.

I think that car had a lot more in it than low 11s....guys with just 100-125 shots on Zs are breaking into the 11s pretty easily now.

As for the turbo cars...the ones that run 8psi are trapping near 120mph...so that's EASILY an 11 second car.

This girl didn't know what she was talking about if she said that the Z was running anything near 15psi.
    03 350Z - intake, test pipes
    Best STOCK E.T. 13.68@102.77mph 2.09 60'
    Best mods E.T. 13.38@103.60mph 1.90 60'

fre
    Originally posted by BriGuyMax
    Actually the Smithtown nissan car that you are talking about was running a progressive shot and ran LOW 11s before it blew up. It didn't blow because of too much power...it blew because the progressive system malfunctioned and didn't send enough fuel when the second stage of juice hit.

I think that car had a lot more in it than low 11s....guys with just 100-125 shots on Zs are breaking into the 11s pretty easily now.

As for the turbo cars...the ones that run 8psi are trapping near 120mph...so that's EASILY an 11 second car.

This girl didn't know what she was talking about if she said that the Z was running anything near 15psi.
    Nice ET's for a stock Z I ran one at the track and edged him out, I think he ran a 14.3 and I ran a 13.7. I have yet to see a stock Z make the 13s though.

we need pics
    Nothing but good ol' replicas...on my good ol' poser c240

i forget what movie this was from (either 2F2F or Gone in 60 sec). You should've asked her:

"I'd like to check out your chassis sometime"

Originally posted by BriGuyMax

Ok, instead of posting anything factual I'm just going to ask if this girl was running slicks because the story seems like a "fibby fib" (LOL) I'm sorry for being off a few .1's off what that specific car ran and my friend is running a 100 shot on his 350Z with intake, exhaust, cat deletes and grounding wires and is NO WHERE near that time...and I think you use the word "easily" too strongly...WRX's run 13's with basic bolt ons,...but nothing in drag racing is ever "that" easy or else everyone would be doing it.
    SIRacing.Net

Originally posted by yermom
    heh, fairlady

does not sound like a fast car, no wonder they changed the name for the US market

Originally posted by fre
    Nice ET's for a stock Z I ran one at the track and edged him out, I think he ran a 14.3 and I ran a 13.7. I have yet to see a stock Z make the 13s though.
    Thanks...

There are plenty of them around

Ok, instead of posting anything factual I'm just going to ask if this girl was running slicks because the story seems like a "fibby fib" (LOL) I'm sorry for being off a few .1's off what that specific car ran and my friend is running a 100 shot on his 350Z with intake, exhaust, cat deletes and grounding wires and is NO WHERE near that time...and I think you use the word "easily" too strongly...WRX's run 13's with basic bolt ons,...but nothing in drag racing is ever "that" easy or else everyone would be doing it.
    I don't think everyone wants to put nitrous on their cars, which is why everyone isn't "doing it"....Nitrous is the easiest and cheapest modification for a better 1/4 mile in a car.

What does your friend run with those mods? He should be at minimum low 12s on slicks if he's running a wet kit and his nitrous set-up is tuned properly...hell I could run low 13s bone stock with a set of slicks.

He ran mid 13's (13.5-13.6 and on bad days 14.0) in a tip-tronic 350Z with Injen cat back, no clue manufacturer test pipes/cat deletes, Injen intake and custom grounding mod. I don't know what he runs on the bottle but he raced a procharged 350Z and it was close even though the procharged 350Z spun badly, the same procharged 350Z lost to a high 11/low 12 second Cobra even though the Cobra babied it...so in my calculations its no where near an 11 second car. It is a wet kit and hes running on street tires last I heard...but a 2.0 60 foot off the bottle is not really bad at all and I don't think thats whats holding him back from the 11's. I'm not starting an arguement or going tit for tat on 350Z performance I just don't believe there is a auto 350Z running 14+ psi and blowing passed a supposed 11 second EVO on the streets...in all the races I've witnessed AWD makes up for a HUGE amount of horsepower + this to the fact that the 350Z is in the same time bracket and it makes the story that much harder to believe. So we have an 11 second AWD car vs 11 second 2wd car and the 2wd got the AWD car ON THE STREET! with no slicks/burnout/track prep? Either the Evo is A LOT slower then he thinks or that 350Z is packing something fierce. I race my friends E55 that ran 11.8 and I get him out of the hole no problems, but then he walks all over me...and theres no way I am even in the 12's let alone 11's.

Cliff notes: I don't care what 350Z's run with what mods, there are always people going really fast with every car be it a Honda, Nissan, Chevy etc. Do I like the 350Z? No its personally not my taste, but it performs and I won't deny that...will there be 11-10-9 second ones roaming around the dragstrips? Definitely, it may just take some time with the new engine developement...so I'm not going to go back and forth over this trivial stuff. I just don't believe that this girl's 350Z spanked this "11 second" EVO that bad. Even if the cars were changed I don't believe an 11 second 2wd car will roast a 2wd awd from a stop light unless it hooks insanely well.
    SIRacing.Net

heh, fairlady

does not sound like a fast car, no wonder they changed the name for the US market

He ran mid 13's (13.5-13.6 and on bad days 14.0) in a tip-tronic 350Z with Injen cat back, no clue manufacturer test pipes/cat deletes, Injen intake and custom grounding mod. I don't know what he runs on the bottle but he raced a procharged 350Z and it was close even though the procharged 350Z spun badly, the same procharged 350Z lost to a high 11/low 12 second Cobra even though the Cobra babied it...so in my calculations its no where near an 11 second car. It is a wet kit and hes running on street tires last I heard...but a 2.0 60 foot off the bottle is not really bad at all and I don't think thats whats holding him back from the 11's. I'm not starting an arguement or going tit for tat on 350Z performance I just don't believe there is a auto 350Z running 14+ psi and blowing passed a supposed 11 second EVO on the streets...in all the races I've witnessed AWD makes up for a HUGE amount of horsepower + this to the fact that the 350Z is in the same time bracket and it makes the story that much harder to believe. So we have an 11 second AWD car vs 11 second 2wd car and the 2wd got the AWD car ON THE STREET! with no slicks/burnout/track prep? Either the Evo is A LOT slower then he thinks or that 350Z is packing something fierce. I race my friends E55 that ran 11.8 and I get him out of the hole no problems, but then he walks all over me...and theres no way I am even in the 12's let alone 11's.

Cliff notes: I don't care what 350Z's run with what mods, there are always people going really fast with every car be it a Honda, Nissan, Chevy etc. Do I like the 350Z? No its personally not my taste, but it performs and I won't deny that...will there be 11-10-9 second ones roaming around the dragstrips? Definitely, it may just take some time with the new engine developement...so I'm not going to go back and forth over this trivial stuff. I just don't believe that this girl's 350Z spanked this "11 second" EVO that bad. Even if the cars were changed I don't believe an 11 second 2wd car will roast a 2wd awd from a stop light unless it hooks insanely well.
    First of all you need to read back and see what I said before. I NEVER said that I believed that this girl was running 14-15psi in a turbo Z....No one that I know of has run over 10.5psi of boost. I think the story is messed up...and I don't think a automatic, turbo 350Z should walk all over an 11 second EVO...most of the turbo 350s out there would LOSE to an 11 second EVO in a stoplight race.

Second, regarding your buddies juiced Z....You can't estimate what he runs in the 1/4 at ALL by saying that someone he ran, also ran an 11 second car and lost. That's total ricer math. When HE runs at the strip, then you'll know what he runs. Until then you have no idea.

My only point for posting in this thread was to let some uninformed people know that there ARE 11 second Zs out there.

I'll be going out with her tonight so I will find out whats really up with her car for you guys, I could really care less about her car tonight but I'll ask Can't believe I am missing game 6 of the Lakers series to go on a date

Ah yes ricer math...let me guess you using trap speeds is ok but me gauging cars against other cars is totally irrelevant, you really need to relax and stop thinking I'm pointing a finger at you...did I say you believed the story? No...also I know its ricey to think this but...if car A runs "12s" and car B actually ran a 12...and car A loses to car B isn't it safe to assume car B is faster? Or am I being a "ricer" by gauging cars out now...
    SIRacing.Net

heh, fairlady

Ah yes ricer math...let me guess you using trap speeds is ok but me gauging cars against other cars is totally irrelevant, you really need to relax and stop thinking I'm pointing a finger at you...did I say you believed the story? No...also I know its ricey to think this but...if car A runs "12s" and car B actually ran a 12...and car A loses to car B isn't it safe to assume car B is faster? Or am I being a "ricer" by gauging cars out now...
    There's a lot more that goes into a race than just what one out of three different cars ran down the 1/4 mile.

Your whole car A, car B example was NOT what you were saying before....

You said that car A ran car C...and they were near even, and that car A ran car B (11s-12s car) and lost....So you automatically assume that car C would lose to car B. Not always the case my friend....you can't always assume that each driver drove their car EXACLTY the same in every run...and you also can't say that the conditions were the same (a centrifugal S/Ced car HATES high temps and humidity).

That's like the guys who say "I have the same mods as this guy who ran 12s....so I have a 12 second car" even though they've never run it at a track.

Tell us what your buddy runs in his Z with the juice....my guess is low to mid 12s on street tires with the autotragic trans.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.