Wrx vs 04 srt4
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Wrx vs 04 srt4 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I race my friend with his SRT4 awhile back when I only had a boost controller and got owned. So ...

Wrx vs 04 srt4

I race my friend with his SRT4 awhile back when I only had a boost controller and got owned. So I got the downpipe and decided to run him again to see how I do and had him by two cars at a 100mph. Then I ran him from a first gear roll and lost by half car by 100mph.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

you only have DP as your mod? it's hard to believe that you were able to hang with him in a roll. SRT-4 is a fast car from a roll. You need at least stage 2 to hang with stock SRT-4 from a roll.

I've watched 3 WRX's that were either Stage 2 or 3 all go down to a stage 1 SRT4. I think a new turbo is in order to run with one of those from a roll.
    e46 M3 (new toy)
    02 wrx w/257 swap (now sold)
    IS 300 5spd w/ NAV (hers)

Im sure it also has a lot to do with the driver of the SRT-4, and how well they can handle their car.
    Perrin short ram, Perrin Uppie, Perrin inlet hose, Perrin IC hoses, Cobb AP stage 2, MRT 3' turbo back, AMP boost controller @ 15.5psi, Freedom design front strut tower bar, Cuses Rear Strut tower Bar, KYB Adj Shocks, Eiback Springs, Perrin Rear sway bar, and links, 17' OZ Crono Evolution(17.5 lbs) W/ BFGoodrich G-Force T/A KDW 2

I trap at 98mph and he is stock.

i agree with all8up, if the srt4 is modded (stage 1, etc.) then a stock turbo wrx will lose to it from a roll. But im telling you guys, if you have uppipe/downpipe/mbc on a wrx, it will take a stock srt-4 from a roll up untill about 130, at which point the 2 cars will be basically even. Ive done it quite a few times with my roomates srt-4. I even posted videos on this a while back on here.

-BobbyD
    5spd/U/D/MBC/QTEC

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Those SRT4s are a big PITA.
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red[

Originally posted by josnroh
    Those SRT4s are a big PITA.

thank ya, doing what i can with what i got. lol. anyway good kill. i like seeing the srt vs wrx threads. kinds lets ya know what ya need to keep up or win. i really havn't raced one where i thought either my car was up to par or the wrx's. i hope to soon though. there's a stage IV+ in our club i wanna race from a roll sometime soon.
    RayfieldsWRX - "You like the feel of torque steer? Interesting"
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -02 WRX 13.8@96 stock SOLD
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 STi 13.3@102 stock. SOLD
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

Re: Wrx vs 04 srt4

Originally posted by BOoSTINhARD
    I race my friend with his SRT4 awhile back when I only had a boost controller and got owned. So I got the downpipe and decided to run him again to see how I do and had him by two cars at a 100mph. Then I ran him from a first gear roll and lost by half car by 100mph.
    How can a downpipe bring you from getting "owned" to taking him by 2 cars? If you had a turbo-back exhaust, then maybe it'd be a different story..

Either that or you just learned how to drive between the two races.
    Slow Neon.

I really don't know I wasn't expecting that but it happened. I wish I had a camera.

i ran my friends lightly modded evo from a roll and pulled him by 5 or 6 cars in 3rd and part of 4th. he got his down pipe an he now pulls on me a little in 3rd and more in 4th. i may have boost leak though. because i know a downpipe should not be so dramatic.

Well my friends all met up this past weekend and to give you the quick and dirty...

Evo, DP, Exh, MBC
    vs
    SRT4, ST 1

From a roll it is very close until about 110, where the Evo starts a slow walk away. They ran 3 more times and the results were all very similar.
    e46 M3 (new toy)
    02 wrx w/257 swap (now sold)
    IS 300 5spd w/ NAV (hers)

Nice runs guys!
    2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5i [Bone Stock]
    2003 Dodge SRT-4 [303 hp/323 tq] - SOLD

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.