damn american muscle
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on damn american muscle within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; so i was driving home in very light traffic. when this firebird on a side street saw me drive by. ...

damn american muscle

so i was driving home in very light traffic. when this firebird on a side street saw me drive by. then raced to catch up to me reving as he got closer and closer. the road came to a T and i had to turn right and he was turning left. we were both waiting at the light and he would not stop reving for the life of him. i was getting really annoyed cause he just had straight pipes and it was getting very obnoxiously loud. maybe 1 rev or so but throughout the whole red light he was just on the gas. i saw him and his friend laughing (reminded me of the part in 2F2F where tyrese was about to race the hemi.) just wanted to share this delightful story.
    do any of you guys get these damn people with their v8s just keep edging you on?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I don't know but I had the same thing happen to me at a stop light with about 4 or 5 cars in front of us. He was right next to me and as the cars in front moved forward, he did a little burn out to the car in front of him. Don't know what he was tring to prove.

See this is why I wanna leave the whole "mod scene". My experiences haven't been as bad as this one but i still get the occasional revs from both imports and domestics. Most of them are friendly but you have the occasional a$$hole who acts cocky just like in this case. But thats all over with. My car is being parted out as i speak and soon will have my new car.
    '03 PSM WRX Stg 4 <---SOLD
    '04 G35 coupe<-----MY NEW CAR

eh whatever just think of it this way all they can do is go in a straight line can't do much besides that.

yea and talk about burnouts he was sitting at the light spinning his tires even after i turned off. i really wanted to see him not be able to control the turn and just go straight into the dead end. that would've been pretty damn funny.

let them waste their gas.....

Originally posted by lqqkqik
    eh whatever just think of it this way all they can do is go in a straight line can't do much besides that.

yea and talk about burnouts he was sitting at the light spinning his tires even after i turned off. i really wanted to see him not be able to control the turn and just go straight into the dead end. that would've been pretty damn funny.
    Remind me of the time when I was driving and I saw thie moron in an older(80s) style Camaro, and there were a bunch of girls on the side of the road. So he decided that he would spin his tires while making a left intot the mall parking lot. It had just rained so he ended up spinning out, it was quite funny.
    Dan- 2004 PSM 5spd

"Days get shorter, nights get longer, snow gets deeper, life gets better."

The solution is get a few mods, lay down a nice launch and put him in his place. As an added bonus, get video of the event and distribute it on the internet so that everyone can share in the fun.

ROGER THAT!

Yeah, those F-bodies can't take turns...

Don't hate the car, hate the jack ass driver...

2007 VW GTI 6 spd. No times yet
    2000 Firehawk convertible 6spd- 12.52 @ 114.7 mph. 2.09 60'

Sold: 2004 Mini Cooper S. 14.95 @ 93.8 mph.
    Sold: 2004 GTO 6 spd. 13.4 @ 104.5 mph
    Sold: 2002 WRX 5spd. 13.39 @100.7 mph. 1.81 60'

How do you like this? a little kid (under 18) was with this friend making a left turn in front of me with a damn 1990's looking 2 wheel drive trashed mazda pickup. He revved at me while staring at me. Give me a break. Kids will race anything.

sure that one can but if you're pushin out enormous amount of power where the car is shaking while you rev, those are the ones i'm talking about. i'm not hating the car at all i love firebirds but just not very practical for daily driver. i live in chicago so can't really drive those suckers in the snow.

So because a car has a wild cam that makes the car shake and gives it gobs of power it can't turn? And who says domestic muscle can't make a good daily driver? Did you know the newer Z28 Camaros can get 25mpg on the highway?
    03 Cobra
    566whp/515wtq

Pics
    & Dyno
    Pics

sure that one can but if you're pushin out enormous amount of power where the car is shaking while you rev, those are the ones i'm talking about. i'm not hating the car at all i love firebirds but just not very practical for daily driver. i live in chicago so can't really drive those suckers in the snow.
    Mine is putting out 400 rwhp, and turns okay. The one pictured is probably 350 rwhp+ and was at the Joliet autocross. Sure, some of the cars prepped for just the drag strip are running front skinnies, and of course those turn like crap. But not all of them with high HP are strictly 1/4 mile wonders.

Mine sits in the garage during the Chicago winters, but I drove a previous LS1 through two winters relying on traction control and snow tires. Not as fun as the WRX in snow, but it was tolerable.

man you guys are taking this way to personal.

No, I'm just tired of people generalizing too much. Especially when they don't have all their facts straight.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.