damn american muscle - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on damn american muscle within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by lqqkqik man you guys are taking this way to personal. you are making rediculous comments....

Originally posted by lqqkqik
    man you guys are taking this way to personal.
    you are making rediculous comments.
    03 wrx - 300whp/270wtq
    Originally posted by zoophagy
    The people that work there are, for the most part, retards. I used to work there.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I am seriously considering getting the new 05 Mustang GT after reading this, a muscle car that can handle? sounds pretty damn awesome to me

"A new-from-the-ground-up chassis and careful attention to vehicle dynamics give the all-new Mustang world-class ride and handling.

The starting point is an all-new, purpose-built, muscle-car platform with exceptional body stiffness and a very high strength-to-weight ratio. With this ultra-rigid structure, Mustang engineers could tune spring, damping and bushing rates to a finer degree than ever possible.

Using computer-aided design and engineering technology, the Mustang team took months off the earliest phases of component development. That gave driving dynamics experts more time to work out final chassis tuning and they used it to deliver an unprecedented combination of road handling and comfort in the 2005 Mustang.

Track time at drag strips and on road courses was a critical part of development, as chassis engineers pushed prototypes to the limit in search of the perfect power-and-handling blend.

"We spent countless hours refining this car on development drives and at the track," said Mark Rushbrook, vehicle development manager. "The car has been to the Nelson Ledges road course in Ohio several times for 24-hour runs and has spent months on our own straightaways and handling courses at our proving grounds in Arizona, Michigan and Florida."

Street time was just as important. Mustang is a muscle car designed for everyday driving, and it must deliver a quiet, comfortable, reassuring ride in a real world plagued by potholes and uncertain road conditions. By the time testing is completed, prototypes of the new Mustang will have logged nearly 1 million miles on streets, highways and tracks throughout the United States, Canada and even Sweden in all types of weather."

Re-Addicted to WRX tacomaboy138's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    i can't wait...this might be the first respectable looking mustang that has been put out since the Boss.
    2011 SWP WRX 4D
    07 MINI Cooper S... SOLD!
    03 WRX Wagon... SOLD!
    98 Toyota Tacoma...SOLD!

Jeremy Clarkson has my dream job.

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by Dan00Hawk

Don't hate the car, hate the jack ass driver...
    That Firehawk is sweet.
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red[

how am i generalizing?? i'm not even flaming on any american muscle i have all respect for them. the daily driver is meant by winter weather too as i said with CHICAGO WEATHER it snows here and how am i going to driving a 400whp camaro or firebird such as yours???? just because it has good mpg doesn't mean it's good in the snoow. that's what i meant by a good daily driver.

how are my comments ridiculous? this is the internet, why even get into a fight or angry at what others have to say? that's what i meant by personal, no one needs to get worked up about this we're all just one big happy wrx family.

One of my previous cars was a 94 z28.I poured every little dollar that I didn't have and couldn't afford into modding it. I LOVED that car. awd and a turbo is great, but 400+ lbs of torque to the rear wheels is like crack. The guys you ran into were obviously pricks.

Originally posted by lqqkqik
    how am i generalizing?? i'm not even flaming on any american muscle i have all respect for them. the daily driver is meant by winter weather too as i said with CHICAGO WEATHER it snows here and how am i going to driving a 400whp camaro or firebird such as yours???? just because it has good mpg doesn't mean it's good in the snoow. that's what i meant by a good daily driver.

how are my comments ridiculous? this is the internet, why even get into a fight or angry at what others have to say? that's what i meant by personal, no one needs to get worked up about this we're all just one big happy wrx family.
    I'm not taking anything personally, just pointing out that your observations aren't entirely correct, depending upon the circumstances. Am I taking it "too personally" by merely having a different opinion? Of course not... I'm just stating the other side of the argument so those that are reading can form their own opinions instead of relying soley on yours. Simple as that...

And this was the "generalizing" that was likely being referred to:
    eh whatever just think of it this way all they can do is go in a straight line can't do much besides that.
    That's the equivalent to an uninformed LS1 guy saying "The WRX is good in the rain and snow, but that's all they are good for...". Wouldn't you expect the WRX fans to speak up then? This is the internet afterall!

Peace.

2007 VW GTI 6 spd. No times yet
    2000 Firehawk convertible 6spd- 12.52 @ 114.7 mph. 2.09 60'

Sold: 2004 Mini Cooper S. 14.95 @ 93.8 mph.
    Sold: 2004 GTO 6 spd. 13.4 @ 104.5 mph
    Sold: 2002 WRX 5spd. 13.39 @100.7 mph. 1.81 60'

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.